Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Drug problem.....

Guest deejay

Guest mursa

Yes, yes I know. Believe it or not, I can go out sober and still have a good time. I just choose to drink. Hell I was at Space for four hours before I picked up my first drink.

Monday - Thursday I'm scarily sober. I don't associate with you outside of clubs so you don't see "that side" of me.

We've had the booze vs other drugs argument in other threads...what it came down to was that whatever your poison, you shouldn't do it if you can't handle it.

Sadly, too many people in this town can't. You know them as well as I do.

well done ..and i agree .

Guest pod

And that is all the governments of the world see, is the people who can't. I'd dare to venture that users of "soft" drugs that are responsible about it outnumber those who aren't.

Guest Satan

Orisha...I like your style. That is basically where I find myself. Inspired and changed forever by the insight (or deciept) that the drugs gave me. Music is different without those drugs. I just think that sometimes I feel not welcomed by a crowd of people who are to insecure to dance. They don't have the drugs desolving thier boundaries for them. It just feels stiff and kinda "angry" most of the time. I'm used to raves and parties where, if your not careful, you're gonna get a hug from just about everyone you see. People were so happy to be out and amongst other good people.

to each his own my friend. this really has no need to be discussed. no matter where you go there are those who ALWAYS get f@#cked up, there are those who selectively choose those SPECIAL nites with good friends that decide to enhance through the use of substances and there are those who just LOVE the scene and never have or will use drugs but still immerse themselves with the crowd, their friends even who are all f@@ked up. itsd all about having a good time, no need to go into details. if youve been in the scene, you know how it is it doesnt need to be questioned. there are those who had an epiphany one day and decided they no longer needed to use substances to enjoy the music and thats great. just party, be yourself, and let loose. live life and to each his own. go to space, there is a good mixture of drunks, people fucked up, sober and the energy is outta hand.

THA ALKI HAS SPOKEN 8)

amen alki.

oh yeah, almost forgot.LMAO

squeeze squeeze, and muah......................i believe the squeeze, squeeze, muah, is much more of a problem than the drugs are.

Guest julissa

hey well i have to say frist happy birthday cj!! ;D

as for the drug thing. i personally enjoy drinking. "rolls" as you would say are a downer for my part.i think it all depends on the person. but i love the music and i enjoy the music more then anything. i can lesson to the music no matter what my condition is. am from miami and these city is so hype that weather there is drugs or not we know how to party!! :P

Guest LiquidX

Mmmm I wont speak for other people but I will only speak for myself. I understand 100% that things were totally different back in the early 90's then in the later part of it. I got into the whole EDM stuff in the late 90's, early 00's. My first raves and parties I was always SoBer, 0 Alcohol and 0 drugs, yet I had the best feelings and emotions that I could had ever have. Today its not the same anymore, yet when anthems get played or great tunes, I find myself hypnotized in the dancefloor loosing it badly. The energy that I get its so much that it makes it hard for me to understand why is it that people do this kind of things. Its obviously an enhancer for people that dont seem to understand it or get into the music... perhaps Im lucky and Ive found the way to understand the music without the chemicals. Yes Ive tried it and its nothing that would have me saying .. Yes mindblowing best thing ever ... cause its not, at least for me. Ive felt into higher conscious and have felt the best feelings been SoBer, and that at the same times makes me happy.. I appreciate more and understand it better. I hope it makes sense.

Now if the drug has played a major part, yes I do think it has played a major part in the scene, where a lot of people need it to understand the form of EDM. And ever since its taken off, we can see that more people actually go to this party's to get drugged instead of enjoying the music itself.

Guest dirtyhouse777

for me, i was always into the music first.

8th grade = aphex twin.

when i went through my stage experimenting with drugs (which becomes somewhat of a mindset. the whole "drug stage" interests me but thats another story...) nothing seemed better than hearing a tune on a roll. still today ill hear a song and i think "wow this song would be great on e."

but once i grew out of the stage, i think i like the music even better now. ive been to a lot of parties sober recently and suprisingly danced my ass off and still had a good time. i lose it when i hear a good track, and i think it would be too much for me now on a pill :-X;D

as for the drug scene in clubs diminishing? dont know and dont really care. drugs and the scene go hand and hand and i really see no problem with it.

however, i can tell you in other countries that ive been to in the pasts months, the majority of EDM parties ive been to at least 80 percent of the people were taking exctasy or using cocaine. and usually casually and out in the open. i cant even tell you how many times a stranger has asked me for a sip of a drink to wash down a pill.

Guest pussErox

I dont have a problem with drugz... we get along just fine.

""My manager said, "Don't use liquor as a crutch!" I can't use liquor as a crutch, because a crutch helps me walk."" -M.H.

Guest slamminshaun

Get banged up, not get banged up....do what you want. Nobody has the right to judge you or call it a problem. As long as you take care of business during the week, I say do what you want on the weekends. Talking about how you get banged up is silly IMO. Just shut up, do it, keep it to yourself, and enjoy....

Guest mursa

Get banged up' date=' not get banged up....do what you want. Nobody has the right to judge you or call it a problem. As long as you take care of business during the week, I say do what you want on the weekends. Talking about how you get banged up is silly IMO. Just shut up, do it, keep it to yourself, and enjoy....

[/quote']

if only you could COPY N PASTE this way of thinking into other subjects of discussion. 8)

Guest slamminshaun

Shaun, just admit you're a libertarian.

I think I have plenty of times....its all of you that assume I'm Republican. SUV's rule!! ;D

Guest JMT

Get banged up' date=' not get banged up....do what you want. Nobody has the right to judge you or call it a problem. As long as you take care of business during the week, I say do what you want on the weekends. Talking about how you get banged up is silly IMO. Just shut up, do it, keep it to yourself, and enjoy....

[/quote']

best post in the thread.