Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF Happened at Nocturnal last Night?

Guest dahzel

Guest LeVeL

Ever since the beginning the Nocturnal Main Room has been dead without no vibe at all and it has continued and it will keep on happening.

Its such a shame after all the hype this club received it has yet to meet the expectations people thought they would meet once they did their grand opening.

Guest Cosmigonon

Ever since the beginning the Nocturnal Main Room has been dead without no vibe at all and it has continued and it will keep on happening.

Its such a shame after all the hype this club received it has yet to meet the expectations people thought they would meet once they did their grand opening.

Well, only time I've been to their Main Room was for the "locals" party a couple of monhts ago, and it was packed. Other than that, I don't know...

Guest Chica

I don't know much about club business but I think they need to spend some $$$ on a big name DJ for that main room, come on they have a HUGE competition next door, NOC step up already! time is running out! ;)

Guest Philip

I don't know much about club business but I think they need to spend some $$$ on a big name DJ for that main room, come on they have a HUGE competition next door, NOC step up already! time is running out! ;)

Sounds about right. Something to give the place a little more exposure. I mean B-list dj's are great but you have got to give your crowd some "stick to the ribs" kind of entertainment. What I’m talking about are the memories that a place can create. Think about how well Infusion did and what else comes to mind... the disaster downstairs? How about people paying to get into a club and not being notified that a headliner wasn’t going to spin in the main room? Do you think that night helped create a following or made people head to Space next time? Clubs like Space have a following because people can count on great entertainment just about anytime they show up. Whether people show up because they associate with the Patio or Danny Howells - it doesn't matter. People go to Space to feel apart of something - something bigger then what they can create alone. All this takes time and money obviously... Noc needs to find their own niche and build on it. Just being more upscale isn’t gonna cut it. You may be right – time could be running out for Noc to prove its worth as a major player in the scene.

Guest pod

It is waaay more than booking a big DJ. Envy did this when they opened in '03, they booked Paul Oakenfold, and 800 people showed up. Space had just the residents, and there was a few thousand people inside on that same night.

The day of booking big DJs and watching the crowds show up is done. You gotta hustle, promote, hustle some more, promote some more. Find other aspects of the night to exploit. The DJ alone really isn't gonna do it anymore.

The successful clubs in town realize this and flaunt the entire package as opposed to just the DJ. 8)

Guest Chica

It is waaay more than booking a big DJ. Envy did this when they opened in '03, they booked Paul Oakenfold, and 800 people showed up. Space had just the residents, and there was a few thousand people inside on that same night.

The day of booking big DJs and watching the crowds show up is done. You gotta hustle, promote, hustle some more, promote some more. Find other aspects of the night to exploit. The DJ alone really isn't gonna do it anymore.

The successful clubs in town realize this and flaunt the entire package as opposed to just the DJ. 8)

U have a point, they need to get their act together before is too late...

Guest tres-b

A year ago there was no Friday afterhours. Now Local Celebrity is one of the strongest parties in Miami.

Great promotion = Sucessful party(regardless of dj)

Guest tres-b

yeah but the main room is empty........ I dont think Noc will stay around only with Local Celeb party

Agreed. But the point is promotions make the party happen. The name of the dj is really secondary. Do most of the girls you know really care that Erick Morillo is playing or would they be just as happy hearing Roland tear up the patio?

Fun is fun and Roland is a helluva lot less than Morillo.

Guest imported_Surface_Miami
What I’m talking about are the memories that a place can create. Think about how well Infusion did and what else comes to mind... the disaster downstairs? How about people paying to get into a club and not being notified that a headliner wasn’t going to spin in the main room? Do you think that night helped create a following or made people head to Space next time?

You make a good point there and thats what we are in there trying to do. The disaster downstairs was just that... Eddie was there and ready to play but with the cryo system freezing the pipes causing them to burst along with the fire alarms going off and eveyone going upstairs as soon as the rooftop opened it didnt make a proper enviroment for Eddie to do his set.

Clubs like Space have a following because people can count on great entertainment just about anytime they show up. Whether people show up because they associate with the Patio or Danny Howells - it doesn't matter. People go to Space to feel apart of something - something bigger then what they can create alone. All this takes time and money obviously... Noc needs to find their own niche and build on it. Just being more upscale isn’t gonna cut it. You may be right – time could be running out for Noc to prove its worth as a major player in the scene.

Its does take time and we are working very hard to build on that. Nocturnal is a great place with an infinite amount of potential but its going to take people to make it succeed. Pod is right, to an extent it is talent but it takes more than that to have a succeeful night. Everyone needs to carry something great from it every week and thats what are committed to do. We want to involve every one of you and make this your night.

So Keep with us, leading up to NYE and beyond the events are going to keep getting better. :)

Guest Chica

yes and no, I have lots of friend that don't know anything about this music and know the big names and would love to see them, at the same time most of people care about the FUN, now Im back to what I said a couple of posts back, they need to do something, promoting whatever it is if they want to keep this place open, and this is my own opion ;)

Guest pod

It used to be different. Back in "the day", you could book DJ so and so, and as long as he or she was an import, you could almost guarantee on filling a mid-sized venue. The magic (UK) tag worked wonders.

Like any phenomenon, it had it's day. The club going population got tired of it and moved on to other things. Smart clubs and promoters realized this, and started exploiting other elements of the evening to get people to go out. The DJs still came, but other than a select few it was no longer their names in 200 pt type on the flyer.

You wanna pack the big clubs, you can't rely on the messageboards and music heads exclusively. The messageboard community and the music head community should be some of many sorts of people you market to.

Guest Philip

You make a good point there and thats what we are in there trying to do. The disaster downstairs was just that... Eddie was there and ready to play but with the cryo system freezing the pipes causing them to burst along with the fire alarms going off and eveyone going upstairs as soon as the rooftop opened it didnt make a proper enviroment for Eddie to do his set.

Its does take time and we are working very hard to build on that. Nocturnal is a great place with an infinite amount of potential but its going to take people to make it succeed. Pod is right, to an extent it is talent but it takes more than that to have a succeeful night. Everyone needs to carry something great from it every week and thats what are committed to do. We want to involve every one of you and make this your night.

So Keep with us, leading up to NYE and beyond the events are going to keep getting better. :)

Nobody can blame Noc for the cryo problem. An unfortunate thing. Honestly to hear (read) your commitment (stuff outlined in bold) makes me wanna go back. Nobody can deny what a beautiful place Noc is and the amount of potential it holds. I for one will be there again.

Guest james stratus

Just some thoughts here...

The Friday situation that I have seen with Aquabooty/ Local Celeb on the Patio, and Craze in the Main room seems to work more than well and is what is keeping Noc afloat. Saturday is a whole different ball game since it is the hardest night to promote with all the clubs being open. Especially with Space right next door, and Metropolis having opened and auto packing 5000 heads in no matter what.

Nocturnal's main room is still a mess with being smaller than expected with a bad layout and how it seems so disconnected for the crowd and the DJ. This can still be fixed!

Sorry to say this but Surface doesn't seem to have the experience with working with the Miami crowds that it needs. That is the main problem. Not that the bookings aren't great, because they are, but if you don't already have the hands on lock down on clientele.... you are not going to have a great and profitable time promoting a club with such high expectations as Nocturnal... or any other big club in Miami.

Space and Metropolis have local promoters hitting every corner of Dade and Broward, and each one of them has two Cell phones with the phone books full, a huge email list, a Myspace page, and 30 hot ladies minimum ready to be there anytime they call! That is what Nocturnal needs right now.

I'm not hating, just giving the constructive facts :-\

Dude who are you, you do not have a clue. It was me Jae Vynel, Smokin Jo never touched the decks. If you represent surface get your facts straight. I don't apreciate getting overlooked by people who should be promoting me. It is hard enough getting recognized for being a good Dj but I definitly don't need someone giving someone else props on my set.

desperatly seeking fame?

I am not a glory hound by any means, but if you were not recieving proper credit for a compliment I think you would want to clear the air. I have been playing @ Nocturnal since Grand opening and you can do your research on me. I love house music and I love to dj, and I hate ignorence. And by the way, If someone sayed I did a shitty job I would not want to make someone else look bad either.

You spelled "ignorance" and "said" wrong,. :P ;D

Guest dahzel

Most people outside of this messageboard could care less what DJ is playing.

unfortunately that's the sad ??? truth. i've been in line at least twice, both at cro-bar and heard ppl say,"who is that spinning?".............. the two nights it was timo maas and the other sasha........sad

Guest dahzel

1133909Nocturnal's main room is still a mess with being smaller than expected with a bad layout and how it seems so disconnected for the crowd and the DJ. This can still be fixed!

i wasn't impressed w/ the layout at all. there was one sweet spot on the dance floor and the rest of the main room's sound was no good. maybe it was a bad night, i don't know. it is too small too.

Guest tres-b

Dude who are you, you do not have a clue. It was me Jae Vynel, Smokin Jo never touched the decks. If you represent surface get your facts straight. I don't apreciate getting overlooked by people who should be promoting me. It is hard enough getting recognized for being a good Dj but I definitly don't need someone giving someone else props on my set.

desperatly seeking fame?

I am not a glory hound by any means, but if you were not recieving proper credit for a compliment I think you would want to clear the air. I have been playing @ Nocturnal since Grand opening and you can do your research on me. I love house music and I love to dj, and I hate ignorence. And by the way, If someone sayed I did a shitty job I would not want to make someone else look bad either.

He was too busy bitchin' about an honest mistake someone made to worry about spelling.

Guest vynelmuzik

desperatly seeking fame?

He was too busy bitchin' about an honest mistake someone made to worry about spelling.

I was not bitching, just getting facts out. Ignorance is truly bliss