Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E and zoloft

dreams2

ok i havent done e in about a year. ever since i got a bad pill and had to be carried out of sf. but lately i really want to do it. but i am kinda scared because for the past few months i have been on zoloft. does anyone know if its safe for me to drop while im on zoloft? i have heard some people tell me its safe while other tell me that its not. anyone know. what about any other drugs while im taking my meds... anything i should stay away from?? thanks! cwm35.gif

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

AOL ~~ XOJust2cute4uXO

You should be OK if You take

1-2 pls

Do not overdo it cos zoloft

inhibits serothonin reuptake

Teoreticaly it puts you at bigger risk from serothonin syndrome if taken together

You might just take zoloft AFTER role

It is safe and makes coming dovn easier

Will do some research and post update

e-tarded do you know anything different

Physically, you will be fine as long as you don't drop a pill while taking anti-depressents that have MAOI which Zoloft does not so don't worry too much. YOu might have a pretty difficult time getting to sleep though, cause anti-depressents like zoloft, paxil and prozac make sleep very difficult.

Where you need to be careful is the emotional/psychological aspect. If you are taking the zoloft for depression and then take a pill, the comedown could be very difficult and last a lot longer due to the extreme change in emotional state over such a short period of time. Basically, being overly depreesed for a while, then having some relief in 4 or 5 hours of extreme happiness, the return to depression could be very difficult.

You should be careful, if you are dying to do it maybe start with a half and see how it goes, but i really wouldn't recommend it.

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

thanks guys! but now i have another question. i usually take my meds at night, so what if i took a pill of x and just didnt take my meds at all the night that i want to x. am i saying that right. like what if i skipped a dose of my zoloft and then took it the day after i xed. would that be any better? cwm25.gif

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

AOL ~~ XOJust2cute4uXO

no, not a good idea to start skipping doses. Again though, if you are not on the zoloft for anything serious then it should be fine - but if you are on the zoloft for serious depression skipping doses is not a good idea and not all that healthy. I am the last person in the world to tell someone not to take drugs, but health comes first.

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

how about this....DON'T DO E!!! If your taking medication to balance your brains activity, do you really think that ecstacy will help??!! I have a friend who takes meds and still messes around with ecstacy. Guess what? She can no longer be in society. She is a thret to herself and is therefore being sent away to a mental home. Now for the kicker..... she's 18 years old!!!!

Be smarter then this please!! Kindly ignor the previous posts. These people have given you terrible advice. Don't do it!! It bad enough that "healthy" people do it. You have a medical condition which calls for medication. If you mix your medication with ecstacy, you may die. Simple as that. DEAD. What would the people who love you do? I know what they would do....go purchase a plot of land in the cemetary, go to YOUR funeral, and then bury you...because YOU WILL BE DEAD.

Do you get my point?

Is it worth your life????? Please consider what I have said..... cwm40.gif

------------------

"Come closer to the speakers so I can see the light in your eyes..."

"When the sun comes up, I have morals again...."

Originally posted by egotrip94:

how about this....DON'T DO E!!! If your taking medication to balance your brains activity, do you really think that ecstacy will help??!! I have a friend who takes meds and still messes around with ecstacy. Guess what? She can no longer be in society. She is a thret to herself and is therefore being sent away to a mental home. Now for the kicker..... she's 18 years old!!!!

Be smarter then this please!! Kindly ignor the previous posts. These people have given you terrible advice. Don't do it!! It bad enough that "healthy" people do it. You have a medical condition which calls for medication. If you mix your medication with ecstacy, you may die. Simple as that. DEAD. What would the people who love you do? I know what they would do....go purchase a plot of land in the cemetary, go to YOUR funeral, and then bury you...because YOU WILL BE DEAD.

Do you get my point?

Is it worth your life????? Please consider what I have said..... cwm40.gif

Absolutely no need to go panicking people with no reason. You choose not to use drugs that is fine, but please do not come to this board spreading unjust and unresearched shitabout something you probably know nothing about. It is comments like that which can really panic people, and it is not called for. Mixing 'e' with certain medications is dangerous and has been proven as such - mixing the pills with anti-depressents is not proven to be any more dangerous than taking it by itself. I also have first hand experience in mixing the two and can say that there was no more harm in taking them at the same time (aside from the potential sleep issues) than there was just taking 'e' alone. Please, do some research before you come on this board saying things like that, or at least have some source or documentation to back up your claims.

------------------

Originally posted by tiestoisgod:

Absolutely no need to go panicking people with no reason. You choose not to use drugs that is fine, but please do not come to this board spreading unjust and unresearched shitabout something you probably know nothing about. It is comments like that which can really panic people, and it is not called for. Mixing 'e' with certain medications is dangerous and has been proven as such - mixing the pills with anti-depressents is not proven to be any more dangerous than taking it by itself. I also have first hand experience in mixing the two and can say that there was no more harm in taking them at the same time (aside from the potential sleep issues) than there was just taking 'e' alone. Please, do some research before you come on this board saying things like that, or at least have some source or documentation to back up your claims.

I'm not trying to cause panic. But I do know what I'm talking about.

I do E and have done so for 6 years. I've learned the hard way and through reading, what EXACTLY the stuff does to you.

Zolof, paxil...etc, these drugs interact with your seritonan levels...so does E, genius.

You are very incorrect in stating that anti-depresants mixed with E has no effect. Mixing the two reverses the effects of the anti-depressant. Hello?

As for my research, I've lived with her for 18 years. Get me?

Yet another 'know it all' who knows nothing about nothing.

PLEASE DREAMS2, LISTEN TO ME. IGNOR EVERY OTHER POST HERE, ESPECIALY THIS LAST ONE FROM TESTICLESGOD. HE/SHE IS BASICALY SAYING THAT MIXING DRUGS IS OK, AND THAT IS INCORRECT INFORMATION.

------------------

"Come closer to the speakers so I can see the light in your eyes..."

"When the sun comes up, I have morals again...."

Ok, apparently egotrip has felt it necessary to turn an informative and important discussion into a name calling battle, which in my opinion is a stronger sign of a lack of intellect than anything else that has been written here.

Anyways, you replied to my post quoting me as saying there are no negative effects of mixing anti-depressants and E and you have misquoted me. I did mention (which seems to be your main point) that serotonin levels will be screwed up and your sleeping patterns could be hazardously altered, not too mention the possible emotional downfall that could follow the roll. Yes they both effect the serotonin, E enhances the production of serotonin in the brain and anti-depressants block the re-absorption of serotonin into the brain (hence the name selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ). This means that you will have a buildup of serotonin that cannot be absorbed in a normal fashion leading to the sleeping problems. Other than that, there is no physical proof that you can find, and please Egotrip show me if I am wrong, of there being any OTHER physical side effects of mixing the two.

Finally, you said that I am making a statement that mixing drugs is inherently bad, and this is a very broad statement. I never said anything regarding to drugs in general, simply the mixing of E and anti-depressants which I have experience with (both in a research manner as well as personal experiences) - which I do not believe is a danerous combination UNLESS, as I mentioned earlier, you are on the zoloft for serious mental issues, in which case the E should be avoided then.

I have put my two cents in and provided the initial question with the info I think was being requested, Egotrip feel free to continue your kicking and screaming, I am officially out of this thread.

Peace

T

------------------