Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shots fired at Airplane in Miami

Guest Spankmeister

Guest pod

Wow Ar, I had you labeled as a too-PC-for-his-own-good-rah-rah-go-European-Union-fuck-the-US type of guy, but that last statement was like the polar opposite of that!

Guest ddg

I KNow but my biggest fear is the fear of heights so id me nervous regardless to fly

I'm terrified of heights and to conquer this fear I went sky diving. It was amazing, bling you should give it a try.

When was the last time you tried going on a plane?

you have to grab life by balls and enjoy it.

you only live once.. take advantage.

Sometimes going the plane ride is better than the trip.

thats why U DA MAN DURRTTYY!!!! 8)

Guest Devilicious

I KNow but my biggest fear is the fear of heights so id me nervous regardless to fly

that is what valium and scotch are for... =)

yep, i was about to make a similar comment!

I actually like flying. I always come prepared with music and reading materials and I pretty much enjoy the whole experience. I've met some really friendly people too, since I usually fly solo.

nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot.

exactly....sometimes i feel that people should be shot for their stupidity idiotic driving habits here in miami...has anyone told them this ain't their fcking country? ...oh wait, it's the

"i don't give a fck rule".

I know if i were a cop, id be making a great living giving out tickets to every 1 out of 2 drivers in miami dade.

Guest web_norah

wow that's nuts.

something tells me that guy was not taking his medication that day and was shot for saying something very dumb.

Guest Spankmeister

wow that's nuts.

something tells me that guy was not taking his medication that day and was shot for saying something very dumb.

Actually, his wife said that he has a bipolar disorder and hadn't taken his meds!....LOL

Guest tres-b

OMG!!!

Im flying out of MIA this weekend with AA that's scares me!

::)

1-Dont make jokes about bombs and you wont get shot

2-Dont run from air marshalls and you wont get shot

3-Dont forget to take your medication if you are bipolar and you wont do dumbass shit. Dont do dumbass shit and you wont get shot

The reality is that the actions of the air marshalls were justified from what I have read.

Guest saintjohn

According to media reports, which seem to be taking the word of the dead guy's spouse at face value, the criminal/suspect/victim (pick one) was "off his meds." If he was supposed to be on medication(s), it's safe to assume that his condition had been previously diagnosed (since doctors don't like to write random prescriptions for assorted symptoms).

I haven't checked today's news, but was this the first time that the guy quit taking his medication(s) and started acting like this? Did he, his family, or his doctors have any clue that something like this might happen? Or did buying a plane ticket just seem like a good idea at the time?

From what little I've read so far, it seems like some people are eager to excuse his supposed actions because he was allegedly bipolar ("some," "supposed," "allegedly" - too many weasel words in one sentence). However, if initial reports are accurate, the guy clearly understood which specific actions would cause the most trouble.

At every step, he seems to have made a concious decision to further escalate an already tense situation, despite being given repeated opportunities to avoid being shot. This doesn't seem to be a case of random, manic behavior - it seems more like premeditated suicide by police.

A commercial flight is not a "permissive environment." Life is not an episode of Punk'd, and there are no do-overs when you tell Federal Air Marshals that you've got a bomb. Even if you're bipolar. Even if you're off your meds.

The fact that arilines continue to promote the fantasy of "glamorous" air travel after 9/11 is just stupid.

Guest Spankmeister

If anything, this strenghtens my resolve about flying...

Some guy said he had a bomb.....before the plane got off the ground...Air Marshalls told him to stop, he turned and came toward the marshalls and they shot him...period.

Meds or no meds...a fucking stupid thing to do...

Guest tres-b

If anything, this strenghtens my resolve about flying...

Some guy said he had a bomb.....before the plane got off the ground...Air Marshalls told him to stop, he turned and came toward the marshalls and they shot him...period.

Meds or no meds...a fucking stupid thing to do...

As I said before, dont do stupid shit and you wont get shot. It is very simple.

Guest Electric Eel

I don't think anyone should be scared of flying due to this but should actually feel safer. This guy claimed he had a bomb, they told him to stick his hands in the air and he reached into his bag instead. The air marshall did his job, better one man down then a whole plane. It is sad that he was bipolar and didn't mean it but this was definitely not a good time to stop taking your meds!

I've flown plenty of times and always feel safe.

Bling go do what Alex did, I actually recommended that to another friend who was scared of heights. Sky diving is a feeling like nothing else.

Guest trancelator

Sky diving is a feeling like nothing else.

Yes, it is. I still don't like getting near a balcony or looking over a steep edge but I can remember feeling extremely serene when I was skydiving. What a beautiful view of things from that high up!

Guest Electric Eel

Sky diving is a feeling like nothing else.

Yes, it is. I still don't like getting near a balcony or looking over a steep edge but I can remember feeling extremely serene when I was skydiving. What a beautiful view of things from that high up!

Agreed, I still remember, when our parachute opened up and we are just cruising through the sky, the guy on my back, instructor, whatever he was called, said welcome to my office, lol. It was so amazing and peaceful