Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Surgery to remove massive growth from girl a success! Warning - Graphic photo

Guest ic143

Guest ic143

21004293.jpg

These before surgery, left, and after sugery photos of Marlie Casseus provided by the Holtz Children's Hospital are seen Friday, Dec. 16, 2005, in Miami. The 14-year-old Haitian girl underwent a rare operation on Wednesday to remove much of a 16-pound tumor-like growth on her face that all but obliterated her features.

Full Story ~>http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/yahoo/sfl-1217growth,0,4298981.story?coll=sfla-newsaol-headlines

We are very lucky to have such a great hospital (Jackson Memorial). My nephew spent the first 3-4 months of his life in that hospital and I truly believe that if he wasn't there that he wouldn't be with us today. Those Dr's are truly performing miracles...

Guest saintjohn

I remember one of the local stations covered the arrival of several Haitian kids that were going to be treated by local doctors. The girl in the picture was definitely part of that group. I thought it was so sad that nothing had been done for her earlier (I know even basic medical care is often considered a luxury in Haiti), but at least now she should have a much better quality of life.

Guest ClubDiva05

This is crazy, I saw it on the news and it made me cry.You get sentimental about stuff like that when you are a parent.Really reminded me how lucky I am to have a perfectly healthy beautiful princess.