Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I have a TV Show idea....

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Tell me what you think about this plot and whether it would be too offensive or not....

The show would revolve around a Muslim minister who is severly addicted to Vidodin. Every once in a while, Allah (whom I would portray in a mocking manner of course for the added comedy) will drop in and crack stupid jokes, but that's only because the Muslim minister is so doped up he is imagining that Allah is really there. Actually, some of the jokes Allah cracks is about other Muslims and their faith in him.

To make this even more funny, I was thinking the Muslim minister's wife should be an alcoholic and be drunk on the show. Then to insult the minister even worse, I'll basically make sure his Muslim son is homosexual, adding more to the tasty plot. His daughter will be a drug dealer and his other son will basically score with every chick he can under his parent's roof. And when life gets rough, he'll turn to his Vicodin and his imaginary friend, Allah, for guidance, who will in turn, insult him and even other Muslims.

Do you think Muslims would find this offensive or just laugh it up as comedy? Do any of you think a show like this would make it on TV? Just curious if a show like this would fly in this country or not...

Guest Diabolique

thanks well...I'm off to NBC, CBS,ABC and Fox now. Toodles! :-*

and... uh...Vidodin...is that a new form of Vicodin specially made for Muslims? ;D

Guest Slide On The Ice

It would be funny, but it would never fly in this suddenly overly PC country and media. Not to mention, it would earn you marks on Moslem hit lists and you'd have people coming after you to kill you for insulting their religion. You'd be the next Salmon Rushdie (WTF was his name again?). LOL

Guest coach

I find all of TV offensive, except MythBusters, FTV, and Cartoon Network. But, I bet you could get it on UPN, as long as you made them darkskinned Muslims. Or is that WB?

Guest pod

yeah, you can't even say happy holidays without being PC.

I'm beyond that PC bullshit. I could really care less if I say something offensive.

Guest JMT
Do you think Muslims would find this offensive or just laugh it up as comedy? Do any of you think a show like this would make it on TV? Just curious if a show like this would fly in this country or not...

its only funny to mock christians, NOT muslims. when the christians start chopping off heads and hijacking airplanes, then they might get some respect.

either way, i wont be watching the NBC show no matter who its about.

Guest slamminshaun

I just found it interesting that NBC would sponsor a show that mocks Christianity. I also found it interesting that NBC and the mainstream media call it "edgy," "challenging" and "courageous." The series is written by Jack Kenny, a practicing homosexual who describes himself as being "in Catholic recovery," and is interested in Buddhist teachings about reincarnation and isn't sure exactly how he defines God and/or Jesus. "I don't necessarily know that all the myth surrounding him (Jesus) is true," he said.

And NBC wants you to believe this is a "courageous" portrayal of Christianity? I'm not religious by any means, but for a homosexual interested in reincarnation that openly admits he doesn't know how to define Jesus, I think he's the last guy who should be writing a show about a priest. It's shit like this that stirs up the hornet's nest and empowers guys like Pat Robertson to come out with guns blazing....

Guest LeVeL

its only funny to mock christians, NOT muslims. when the christians start chopping off heads and hijacking airplanes, then they might get some respect.

either way, i wont be watching the NBC show no matter who its about.

I totally agree, you go John. Also I agree with the young lady who states that we cannot even say Merry Christmas anymore since the jews,muslims and athiest of the world get offended ::)

Guest drlogic

I think it would be great! fuck peoples feelings...PUT IT ON COMEDY CENTRAL...They don't give 3 shits about peoples feelings.

People who complain about being offended are weak people! They choose to be offended. So, the problem is theirs and theirs ALONE! (IMHO,,,of course.....)

If a radio, tv show or message brd offend you,,,,SAYONARA! Don't the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Move on and quit your bitching...LOL

I like the show premise. Go even deeper though....make the son a closet homo who sprinkles himself in glitter and twirls glow-stix who eats rolls like a cookie monster.

The daughter can be the class whore who sucks Hebrew dick on credit.

and so on...........

Guest slamminshaun

I'm totally against the whole PC movement, but become irritated when its ok for one group to be made fun of and mocked, yet making fun of any other group would be a violation of PC and grounds for a boycott.

What if the show's creator had chosen to mock black lifestyles instead? Would the show have even made it past the drawing board? Nope...whites making fun of blacks is taboo, but homosexuals making fun of Christians is quite alright in the eyes of NBC.

Guest drlogic

I'm totally against the whole PC movement' date=' but become irritated when its ok for one group to be made fun of and mocked, yet making fun of any other group would be a violation of PC and grounds for a boycott.

What if the show's creator had chosen to mock black lifestyles instead? Would the show have even made it past the drawing board? Nope...whites making fun of blacks is taboo, but homosexuals making fun of Christians is quite alright in the eyes of NBC.

[/quote']

Yo B,

I'm wit you!!! Put me in coach!!!! LOL

It's bullshit! I agree 100%. Try making fun of Jews (ooops, they make all of these shows, so scratch that)....Or Blacks,,,(ooops, here come Jesse "Shakedown" Jackson extorting millions for even daring to have the idea.....

Amazing how less than 10% of the population can impose it's rules on majority (ie. Christians). I don't care if they wanna make shows which make fun of religions or races, but let's keep it equal. In reality, it's all pseudo-rage and PC mumbojumbo.

Fohk 'em! Dat's wut I say! Suck it, bitchez!!!

chupa!! mastica! maricon de playa!

LOL

Guest Spankmeister

All this is good PR for the damn show...now don't tell me that you won't watch at least a episode or two to see if it is as bad as it seems to be...LOL

This 'outrage' is exactly what the Dr ordered....I bet ratings will be through the roof...LOL

Guest slamminshaun

All this is good PR for the damn show...now don't tell me that you won't watch at least a episode or two to see if it is as bad as it seems to be...LOL

This 'outrage' is exactly what the Dr ordered....I bet ratings will be through the roof...LOL

Not if all these local affiliates continue to ban the show from their programming....it might get a curiosity viewership for a week or two, but after that it will nosedive....

Guest Spankmeister

Not if all these local affiliates continue to ban the show from their programming....it might get a curiosity viewership for a week or two' date=' but after that it will nosedive....

[/quote']

The days of long-running shows are coming to a end...look at American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So you think you can dance, Deal or No Deal and a TON of others....

With the attention span of the average TV watcher shrinking faster than George's member after he swims in the ocean, networks are not going for a full schedule of quality written/acted shows....they are going for the big bang and then on to the next 'sensation'...

Guest slamminshaun

Can't agree with you more. Too many reality shows do exactly that....give you the big bang, then you get bored with it by season 2.

Guest coach

So, I just saw a little "news" clip on this show (Book of Daniel) on whatever nonsense morning yakking-heads show the hotel had on and I was pleasantly surprised. I had no idea it was about an Episcopalian priest.

They showed a group of Episcopalians watching an episode in their parish hall with their priest. They were laughing and having a great time. After they show they interviewed a couple of parishioners. They liked the show. Then they interviewed the priest briefly (who set off my gaydar bigtime) and he was very supportive of the show.

Also, nothing in the story indicated that it was supposed to be a comedy.

Guest JMT
Then they interviewed the priest briefly (who set off my gaydar bigtime)...

thanks for pointing that out. seriously, those types of people should not be allowed to be priests, police, doctors, laywers, teachers, customer service reps, anything that deals with people.

Guest ShampooBabe

I think it would be great! fuck peoples feelings...PUT IT ON COMEDY CENTRAL...They don't give 3 shits about peoples feelings.

People who complain about being offended are weak people! They choose to be offended. So, the problem is theirs and theirs ALONE! (IMHO,,,of course.....)

If a radio, tv show or message brd offend you,,,,SAYONARA! Don't the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Move on and quit your bitching...LOL

I like the show premise. Go even deeper though....make the son a closet homo who sprinkles himself in glitter and twirls glow-stix who eats rolls like a cookie monster.

The daughter can be the class whore who sucks Hebrew dick on credit.

and so on...........

exactly what i was gonna say... dont be so sensitive...

Guest coach
Then they interviewed the priest briefly (who set off my gaydar bigtime)...

thanks for pointing that out. seriously, those types of people should not be allowed to be priests, police, doctors, laywers, teachers, customer service reps, anything that deals with people.

I wholeheartedly support the ordination of gays. I pointed that particulary item out as a point of pride, not as a condemnation.

I also thought it was an amusing choice for the interviewers. I don't know if they did it on purpose or not. I got the impression that they were looking for a bunch of people to be totally outraged so they could continue to foment strife and beef up their ratings. Instead what they got was a group of considered and thoughtful people who were obviously fairly progessive in their thinking. Needless to say, they quickly moved on.