Clubplanet Nightlife Community

German Scientists: Plants Cause Global Warming

Guest slamminshaun

Guest junglesmacks

ok..

honestly with no mud slinging..

the earth obviously was here a long time before man came around.. how long? who knows.. alot though. obviously there is something to the theory of plants emitting methane, but i think the issue a little more pertinent than that is the delicate balance that exists. THAT is what is more at stake here..

the earth was doing just fine before man came along and managed, after 4.5 million years or whatever, to screw things up environmentally in only about >>100 years<< i mean.. look at the ratio.. thats a super short time for things to be as screwed up as they are..

so you cant tell me or even begin to justify or claim that "oh look the plants are emitting methane see?? we can continue to pollute, log, and drill the hell out the earth... see??"

thats just complete garbage, and you know it.

..and this is what the big beef with the republican/consumerist/right wing party is: instead of thinking globally and peacefully and with the true good of mankind and ALL its inhabitants in a logical and fair way, it's shoved aside for the live-in-the-now lets get rich and drive SUV's and hell while we're at it lets teach 'em all english mentality.. if we are to survive as a human race we have GOT to start thinking more as one unit on this earth with the good of us all in mind, not just the upper 2%

deaf ears, i know.. just my 2c

peas

Guest slamminshaun

ok..

the earth obviously was here a long time before man came around.. how long? who knows.. alot though. obviously there is something to the theory of plants emitting methane, but i think the issue a little more pertinent than that is the delicate balance that exists. THAT is what is more at stake here..

the earth was doing just fine before man came along and managed, after 4.5 million years or whatever, to screw things up environmentally in only about >>100 years<< i mean.. look at the ratio.. thats a super short time for things to be as screwed up as they are..

so you cant tell me or even begin to justify or claim that "oh look the plants are emitting methane see?? we can continue to pollute, log, and drill the hell out the earth... see??"

..and this is what the big beef with the republican/consumerist/right wing party is: instead of thinking globally and peacefully and with the true good of mankind and ALL its inhabitants in a logical and fair way, it's shoved aside for the live-in-the-now lets get rich and drive SUV's and hell while we're at it lets teach 'em all english mentality.. if we are to survive as a human race we have GOT to start thinking more as one unit on this earth with the good of us all in mind, not just the upper 2%

peas

What in the world are going on about? LOL....look, its not the Bush administration coming with these theories. Cow droppings cause global warming, volcanoes, trees, and now plants...I just think they're hilarious enough to post, especially knowing that some of you actually believe all those enviro-wacko talking points about SUV's and the evil rich people.

You obviously don't believe that cows, trees, volcanoes, and plants cause the destruction of Earth despite "expert scientific proof" that I have posted. What makes this scientific evidence any less reliable then those who say Slammin' Shaun causes global warming? My point is, that left-wing folk seem to pick and choose what junk science they believe to suit their political interests.....

Guest mp3some

ok..

peas

Thank you.

Your last line sums it up tho.....

Deaf Ears.

While posting 'hilarious' theories found who knows where, the most Hilarious thing is how the other logical and not-hilarious theories are disregarded and dismissed as irrelevant to the issue at hand.

wake up and smell the smog.

another .02

Guest drlogic

What in the world are going on about? LOL....look, its not the Bush administration coming with these theories. Cow droppings cause global warming, volcanoes, trees, and now plants...I just think they're hilarious enough to post, especially knowing that some of you actually believe all those enviro-wacko talking points about SUV's and the evil rich people.

You obviously don't believe that cows, trees, volcanoes, and plants cause the destruction of Earth despite "expert scientific proof" that I have posted. What makes this scientific evidence any less reliable then those who say Slammin' Shaun causes global warming? My point is, that left-wing folk seem to pick and choose what junk science they believe to suit their political interests.....

A-FRIGGIN' MEN! AMEN! 4 REAL!

IMHO, it's common sense. Earth has been around for millions of years, gone through iceages and warming periods which created our oceans, lakes, rivers, etc. All of this before Ford invented the mass production line. The arrogance combined w/ ignorance of some who expect people to believe that humans are the cause of global warming is absurd! That doesn't mean that we don't contribute to it, but the cause? LOL LMMFAO!

1 major volcanic erruption does more harm to the atmosphere than all the combined pollution of the human race since the invention of the combustion engine. Just 1 volcanic erruption! UNO! ONE!

The earth warms and the earth cools. DEAL W/ IT!

Personally, the theory of the earth roatation on it's own axis makes more sense to me. Sometime, as the earth tilts on it's axis, the poles are more directly exposed to the sun, resulting in warmer temps. When it gets out of that cycle, the earth cools.

VIOLA!

Guest junglesmacks

You obviously don't believe that cows' date=' trees, volcanoes, and plants cause the destruction of Earth despite "expert scientific proof" that I have posted.

[/quote']

YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I don't..

Because: This earth was doing fine for 6786876387462332 million years, hanging out with all the "cows, trees, volcanoes, and plants" doing just fine, until you and your little buddies came along and managed to screw things up in a matter of less than a hundred years, and THEN had the nerve to stand around and point fingers to justify your own disgusting behavior...

Not left wing, right wing, from-unda-yo-ass wing, its fact.

Guest slamminshaun

Because: This earth was doing fine for 6786876387462332 million years, hanging out with all the "cows, trees, volcanoes, and plants" doing just fine, until you and your little buddies came along and managed to screw things up in a matter of less than a hundred years, and THEN had the nerve to stand around and point fingers to justify your own disgusting behavior...

Not left wing, right wing, from-unda-yo-ass wing, its fact.

Yeah, the dinosaurs did great. Me and my little buddies sure fixed them....

Guest drlogic

Yeah' date=' the dinosaurs did great. Me and my little buddies sure fixed them....

[/quote']

I knew it was you....you hatemonger! LOL LOL

Earth was doing just fine.

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa......

Too anyone w/ a guilty concience for living their life of excess I recommend moving to Bedrock and renting an efficiency from Fred Flinstone.

Guest dahzel

peas

whatever the reason for global warming is or isn't is not really the issue of the future. only time will tell. the real issue is the last part of your statement. it's fact that since the industrial revolution the state of things has declined at a catastrophic rate.

humans are not the only inhabitants on this planet. it is predicted in the next 80 years that all tigers will be extinct. in the next 100 years, all polar bears (a direct effect from global warming) will be extinct. to me this is sad, pathetic, and unacceptable. this isn't just a U.S. or any other superpower problem, it's every countries' and their populations problem.

it's sad that politics get in the way of the planet's best interest. it's too idealist to think that the planet would ever be put first all the time for economical reasons but it has most definitely got to be improved on.

and no matter how republican, red state, conservative, or Bush lovin anyone is, it is undeniable that this administration has this mentality as you stated.