Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: IPOD users

Guest Seb

Guest Seb

I'm looking to upgrade my car stero to have a connection to my IPOD. I've seen a few things out there. One option is a a device which I guess picks up a radio signal and you can listen through an FM channel. Another option I saw at Circuit city was a device which hooks up to directly as an input to the back of your car stereo/cd player. The 3rd option was a cd player which actually has a line input, kind of like a head phone jack that you just plug into your IPOD. I'm not sure what to go with and I wanted to see if any of you guys had any tips ;D

Guest macboy

FM transmitters suck for cars. You can never find a station to transmit through, and even if you do, you have to change it as you drive because the signal goes from bad to worse. If you have a cassette player in your car, the easiest and cheapest option is get a cassette adapter with a headphone plug that goes right into your ipod. Otherwise, get it hardwired through your stereo.

Guest LeVeL

FM transmitters suck for cars. You can never find a station to transmit through, and even if you do, you have to change it as you drive because the signal goes from bad to worse. If you have a cassette player in your car, the easiest and cheapest option is get a cassette adapter with a headphone plug that goes right into your ipod. Otherwise, get it hardwired through your stereo.

What he said...

Guest Seb

ya thats my problem I don't have a tape player just a cd. I've heard that before about the FM transmitters. Seems like the direct input would be the better option. They have one that inputs directly into the FM receiver but its not the same as the FM transmitter. This way you can actually operate the IPOD through your stereo.

Guest JMT

+1

i have used both the tape adapter and the FM. macboy hit the nail on the head.

Guest Fez

I'm looking to upgrade my car stero to have a connection to my IPOD. I've seen a few things out there. One option is a a device which I guess picks up a radio signal and you can listen through an FM channel. Another option I saw at Circuit city was a device which hooks up to directly as an input to the back of your car stereo/cd player. The 3rd option was a cd player which actually has a line input, kind of like a head phone jack that you just plug into your IPOD. I'm not sure what to go with and I wanted to see if any of you guys had any tips ;D

fm transmitters suck...

i bought a charger, transmiter cable from www.enfig.com

60 bux...goes on your factory radio...

Guest Seb

fm transmitters suck...

I'm debating between something like that or just buying a new stereo with an input jack

fm transmitters suck...

I'm debating between something like that or just buying a new stereo with an input jack

that's what im gonna do when i buy my next car/truck

Guest rollyp66

fm transmitters suck...

No better connection than a direct connection! Stereo with Line input gets my vote...

Guest Seb

fm transmitters suck...

No better connection than a direct connection! Stereo with Line input gets my vote...

thats what I'm thinking