Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Trance Dead in Miami??

Guest miamilawdj04

Guest miamilawdj04

:-[ I'm pretty new to Miami but i've noticed there is a real lack of trance down here. I'm from Chicago and it seems like we had a better scene up there but trance has been dying everywhere since 99 it seems. Any word on clubs where you can here good trance/progressive? Any word on if promoters would bring Above & Beyond, Thrillseekers, Jon O'Bir or Markus Schulz back to Miami????

Guest Damon7278

Its always different here and there, Trance is here and there, since being on cooljunkie, alot of people and I repeat that again, alot of people on here dont like it, but it is beginning to build at clubs, as for DJ's, Markus used to play in miami alot, but now, due to certain issues he only comes during WMC, but hopefully that will change, ferry, pvd, tiesto, armin, we do need more talent to come around like above and beyond, blank and jones, johan gielen, underworld and more, with our local ones edgar and acosta are gonna be monthly residents at spirits well thats the word I got straight from the horses mouth on that one

Guest miamilawdj04

Thanks for the info! Yea i know different boards slant towards different genres....but i love house too! (i am from Chicago)....but i don't limit myself. It seems though everytime a trance dj is down here---they pull a very good crowd! I'd like to see someone like Jon O'Bir....he's one of the best of the "new breed". I'll have to check out spirits when edgar & George are there. Thanks!

Guest pod

It was the flavor of the week down here, but I don't see it making a comeback as such any time soon outside of special events, your average club crowd got sick of it.

It was the flavor of the week down here, but I don't see it making a comeback as such any time soon outside of special events, your average club crowd got sick of it.

I have nothing against Trance Music... but Trance just brings a boring vibe to a club IMO... it all sounds the same to me... and the majority of the stuff is straight cheesy... I don't see it ever making a comeback (not just in Miami, but anywhere else.)

Guest Damon7278

I have nothing against Trance Music... but Trance just brings a boring vibe to a club IMO... it all sounds the same to me... and the majority of the stuff is straight cheesy... I don't see it ever making a comeback (not just in Miami, but anywhere else.)

Hey Saleen u forgot to log out from this jack ass account

lol

I used to listen to alot of gielen's stuff too

i grew up w/ trance...(back in the day in DC)...i don't hate but i don't listen much to it no more, neither do i go out as much oh well

when i was up in Calgary, AB - Canada...the trance scene there is pretty big, they are all about raves, matter of fact to them an afterhours club is pretty much a "rave", term they used.

Yup, Jackass that knows the truth... stop your bitchin' and go listen to your "beautiful melodies with breathtaking vocals" cheese.

Guest Damon7278

Yup, Jackass that knows the truth... stop your bitchin' and go listen to your "beautiful melodies with breathtaking vocals" cheese.

Actually I am right now, and a jackass that knows the truth, lolol, thats all we need, another saleen in this state

Guest Damon7278

can't we all just get along

u shut your trap and dont forget to bring some redbull for the BBQ ;D

haha, i thought someone had that covered?

bro that shit goes fast, the more the merrier

Actually I am right now, and a jackass that knows the truth, lolol, thats all we need, another saleen in this state

LOL

Guest james stratus

Trance isn't dead, just in somewhat of a hibernation. Trance has suffered from the era of cheese, and I know because I used to be a Trance DJ (Cheese free! ;D) long ago now it seems. You can go check out Groove Eriic's first friday of the month party at Blue, and some of the all star jocks come to Space now and then.

For all the "Saleens" out there:

The club scene seems to be dieing a slow death because there are fewer and fewer people coming into it that truly have a love for the Music. The rave scene throughout the 90's created hundreds of thousands of new fans, and with that being gone the outlets for education have become rather limited. You can't love something you don't know exists! So if the younger generation first finds Breaks, or Trance, or DnB, they will eventually find House! They will also eventually become the new school of DJs and Promoters! So don't knock it ;)

Guest Damon7278

Trance isn't dead, just in somewhat of a hibernation. Trance has suffered from the era of cheese, and I know because I used to be a Trance DJ (Cheese free! ;D) long ago now it seems. You can go check out Groove Eriic's first friday of the month party at Blue, and some of the all star jocks come to Space now and then.

The club scene seems to be dieing a slow death because there are fewer and fewer people coming into it that truly have a love for the Music. The rave scene throughout the 90's created hundreds of thousands of new fans, and with that being gone the outlets for education have become rather limited. You can't love something you don't know exists! So if the younger generation first finds Breaks, or Trance, or DnB, they will eventually find House! They will also eventually become the new school of DJs and Promoters! So don't knock it ;)

Give this man a drink ;D

Guest pod

12 posts, all red, and not a damn insightful thing to say.

People accuse "househeads" of being elitists, but I dare say it exists amongst trance folk too.

Is Trance Dead in Miami??

Thank god.

Another Saleen fag follower. Lovely.

Arent you the one that was crying like a lil bitch on TA about how your favorite dj in the world Paul van Dyk sucked when you saw him at spirits a few weeks ago. There's a reason your precious dj is not 100% trance now and leaning more prog. Trance is dead.

Guest miamilawdj04

Well i know this topic has been beaten to death and no one seems to dig trance anymore--or if they ever did---but i'll just say my piece. I am not sure everyone's age...but i'm 28 and have been around for awhile when it comes to clubs. My tastes in music have evolved with time...and i guess trance still occupies a spot in my heart---though smaller than ever. The glory days of trance for me were like 97-99 or so..trance music that seemed to have more thought/emotions poured into it....those were the heydays i believe...from then on it has steadily declined to the point that now you're left looking for anything worthwhile to support. The "superstar" dj's are just worse than ever....so concerned with their status on the "dj list" that their productions have suffered. As i've gotten older i've turned more towards good progressive / house....sander kleinenberg, erik morrillo, dave seaman....but once in a while...i do like a good trance show. I guess promoters go with the crowds/money....but like i said...you bring in a quality DJ like Jon O'Bir....and you'll get a crowd. Trance is not dead....never will be....it's just waiting for somewhat of a revival....it IS cheese now and one can argue it always did have that factor...but that isn't always a bad thing either. I always said...trance was a mental/euphoric feeling...music for your mind....and house is music for your soul.....right now....i'm for house (but i miss trance ;0

im not knocking anything... i say thank god trance does not dominate down here because the vibe at a trance night is boring. The music does not get me going like a dirty house song. Does this mean I hate Trance? of course not.. I listen to it all the time... but in a club, i prefer hard hitting house music... Compare a Roger Sanchez or Erick Morillo night at Space to a Trance Superstar DJ night at Space.. and it's like night and day.

Guest JMT

no offense, but any moron can say "it all sounds the same" about any genre of music.

Guest coach

12 posts, all red, and not a damn insightful thing to say.

People accuse "househeads" of being elitists, but I dare say it exists amongst trance folk too.

Well, that's just because trance is so much better than house. But, look, we really try to be understanding about you folk. ;D