Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Trance Dead in Miami??

Guest miamilawdj04

Guest juanchisimo

trance is cool and all, i'm sure all these househeads will embrace it when tiesto comes around but it's just not the same vibe you get from a nice house tune...probably died out completely

Guest lyrik

can't we all just get along

u shut your trap and dont forget to bring some redbull for the BBQ ;D

haha, i thought someone had that covered?

bro that shit goes fast, the more the merrier

i wonder if some idiot ever tried to replace redbull with redline and mixed that shit w/ vodka.

I am willing to be the lab rat on this one! Redline - love dat stuff...very few things since the departure of ephidrine can get me going - especillay to work out...that stuff is pretty on the money...COCAINE IN CAN BABY!

Guest scarab

i wonder if some idiot ever tried to replace redbull with redline and mixed that shit w/ vodka.

I am willing to be the lab rat on this one! Redline - love dat stuff...very few things since the departure of ephidrine can get me going - especillay to work out...that stuff is pretty on the money...COCAINE IN CAN BABY!

try the syrupy concentrated version (redline) , more kick...

Guest raindrps

:-[ I'm pretty new to Miami but i've noticed there is a real lack of trance down here. I'm from Chicago and it seems like we had a better scene up there but trance has been dying everywhere since 99 it seems. Any word on clubs where you can here good trance/progressive? Any word on if promoters would bring Above & Beyond, Thrillseekers, Jon O'Bir or Markus Schulz back to Miami????

Just poppin in to say HI to a fellow Chi-towner -turned Miamian! xyxwave.gif

Guest lyrik

ya thats usually what I buy - been a while

Guest mp3some

Well i know this topic has been beaten to death and no one seems to dig trance anymore--or if they ever did---but i'll just say my piece. I am not sure everyone's age...but i'm 28 and have been around for awhile when it comes to clubs. My tastes in music have evolved with time...and i guess trance still occupies a spot in my heart---though smaller than ever. The glory days of trance for me were like 97-99 or so..trance music that seemed to have more thought/emotions poured into it....those were the heydays i believe...from then on it has steadily declined to the point that now you're left looking for anything worthwhile to support. The "superstar" dj's are just worse than ever....so concerned with their status on the "dj list" that their productions have suffered. As i've gotten older i've turned more towards good progressive / house....sander kleinenberg, erik morrillo, dave seaman....but once in a while...i do like a good trance show. I guess promoters go with the crowds/money....but like i said...you bring in a quality DJ like Jon O'Bir....and you'll get a crowd. Trance is not dead....never will be....it's just waiting for somewhat of a revival....it IS cheese now and one can argue it always did have that factor...but that isn't always a bad thing either. I always said...trance was a mental/euphoric feeling...music for your mind....and house is music for your soul.....right now....i'm for house (but i miss trance ;0

yup. That pretty much sums it up.

Anyone who says they were never into trance was def not around 97-2000.lol

Guest james stratus

Well i know this topic has been beaten to death and no one seems to dig trance anymore--or if they ever did---but i'll just say my piece. I am not sure everyone's age...but i'm 28 and have been around for awhile when it comes to clubs. My tastes in music have evolved with time...and i guess trance still occupies a spot in my heart---though smaller than ever. The glory days of trance for me were like 97-99 or so..trance music that seemed to have more thought/emotions poured into it....those were the heydays i believe...from then on it has steadily declined to the point that now you're left looking for anything worthwhile to support. The "superstar" dj's are just worse than ever....so concerned with their status on the "dj list" that their productions have suffered. As i've gotten older i've turned more towards good progressive / house....sander kleinenberg, erik morrillo, dave seaman....but once in a while...i do like a good trance show. I guess promoters go with the crowds/money....but like i said...you bring in a quality DJ like Jon O'Bir....and you'll get a crowd. Trance is not dead....never will be....it's just waiting for somewhat of a revival....it IS cheese now and one can argue it always did have that factor...but that isn't always a bad thing either. I always said...trance was a mental/euphoric feeling...music for your mind....and house is music for your soul.....right now....i'm for house (but i miss trance ;0

This is all true! I am the same age as you and had my days in the 90's of being a trance DJ, going to and playing at Raves, and going out to clubs for Trance jocks. I can't say that Trance was always cheesey, because I still love pretty much every release from the Platipus crew up to 99 went it went down hill. There was always the Nucleus and German hard trance crap, that was strictly cheese, but there was so much more really good music that came out in the trance genre.

The down fall for Trance came with it's success and the music software revolution of the late 90's. When it came to just anybody making EDM, it fell to the never ending recycling of a stale synth sound from 94 put through an appregiator! So the bulk of the records coming out had the same exact sound that lacked warmth and depth. Music without warmth, depth, emotion, and real feeling put into its creation really is DEAD!

I haven't really been impressed by the big guys who still spin Trance in a long while now, and even completely gave up on trance for a good 4 years as a genre. Now thankfully there are producers making better records, and a new selection of DJs that are playing Good Trance! Sorry PVD, you just don't have it anymore (almost all gone on the DJ side, and let's not talk about production) Ferry... PLEASE! I'll take Marco V., Jon O' Bir, or Above and Beyond any day! These guys are really making Trance worth listening to again!

Guest Marina22

Tommyboy where is your reply? Anyway, I have to say that I did like and sometimes still do like trance but as a whole not my top pick. Yeah, it's pretty much dead here. The thing is that the big DJ nights are always packed so I have to assume not dead to everyone. Also, have to assume they make money too since they are still having them. ie: How was that Shadow Lounge reunion for Space, did it make $$$? I have a couple of friends who are still into it in a major way but the rest like house or breakbeats. I am still pissed about Eddie Haliwell at Nocturnal cause he is supposed to be amazing. I heard he did not play due to lack of crowd? ??? So there I would say: the main room sucks, he was late and overlapped with Infusion, and there wasn't enough of an audience privy to his talent...

Guest CGM54

I do not think Trance is dead. It is just hard to find, especially here in Miami. However, when they do have a party it always seems to draw a big crowd(Shadow Reunion, George and Edgar @ Spirits). Hopefully they continue tio book gigs down here. Not weekly but once or twice a month just for variety. I still believe the best parties were the late 90's @ Shadow, insane. It would be nice to see some of that return.

Guest james stratus

I am so tired of these conversations' date=' its just plain stupid.

If anything we should unite and Kill Deep House ;D

[/quote']

That is a whole other thread :P j/k

Guest pod

People love to point to the massive trance parties of PvD and Tiësto, but the way I see things right now is that you can do trance in small doses and people will show to the megaclubs for it...i.e. no more than 1 or 2 times a month.

Guest coach

I am so tired of these conversations' date=' its just plain stupid.

If anything we should unite and Kill Deep House ;D

[/quote']Hip Hop. Reggaeton.

Guest hubavad3r

trance is still rockin in all of us....itz what gives us that fire...hey man i love all aspects of clubbin', lets just keep trance in small doses here in the M.I.A. since every1 seems to just keep rockin with the prog/deep/sexy house......ever heard of HOWELLS? Danny just keeps bringin innovation to the genre'.......thanks dawg!

ya thats usually what I buy - been a while

im down to try either, have to get my ass back in the gym...i've been slacking for 2 months now ever since i moved back down, but when i get back on my feet, i deff will give it a try