Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The WMC/MMC expectation poll.

For what ever criteria you wish to use, how will this wmc be? Grade it.  

1. 1. For what ever criteria you wish to use, how will this wmc be? Grade it.

Been speaking to loads of promoters and managers across the country, I get the same answer from them, they all think this will be the best WMC ever... Few have any concrete reasons why, so whats your prediction right now? Grade it... Also why do you feel the way you feel, what criteria did you use? What are you excited about, and what are you disapointed in? What changes would you like to see?

Guest musicalmissionary

I voted "F", I think this will be the worst WMC ever based upon the lack of excitement and the fact that NIN is all anyone is talking about.

You're a riot man. Thanks for all the laughs lately.

Where do you see anyone talking about NIN? Links please...

I voted A. Why?

More days

More parties

Global Gathering

Techno everywhere

Defected at Nikki

Ben Watt's Buzzin' Fly Party

Aquabooty party will be beyond epic

Guest JMT

i vote B. i make my own good time. imo, it aint going to be the worst ever as long as djs still make the trip, and im not bling so it probably wont be the best either. if the focus on EDM will be over this year, then i can certainly say next year's will automatically be worse than this one, and i grade on a curve.

Guest Damon7278

Been speaking to loads of promoters and managers across the country, I get the same answer from them, they all think this will be the best WMC ever... Few have any concrete reasons why, so whats your prediction right now? Grade it... Also why do you feel the way you feel, what criteria did you use? What are you excited about, and what are you disapointed in? What changes would you like to see?

blah blah blah, bro u have to stop thinking u are someone working for rolling stone magazine, it is just not funny anymore

i vote B. i make my own good time. imo, it aint going to be the worst ever as long as djs still make the trip, and im not bling so it probably wont be the best either. if the focus on EDM will be over this year, then i can certainly say next year's will automatically be worse than this one, and i grade on a curve.

ROFL... I voted B as well.

Guest dre4

A--I mean unless you're a total loser how can you not have fun at wmc...amazing dj's coming down from all over the world, nonstop partying 24/7, loads of girlssss, amaizng weather, beach, and i have about 29382094830298423098423 friends coming down...put me in a shack with at least one good friend, and i can have the best time in the world

Guest Damon7278

fuck it...i know im gonna have good times...seeing the djs that i wanna c and getting wasted....its all about having fun :) ;D

Truuuuuuuuuuu

im going with "C" i understand the desire to elongate the time for wmc/mmc whatever its called lol but i for one cant take off that many days lol

im going with C and not an F like saleen said for these reasons

1- Global Gathering - interesting to see how it fares against ULTRA

2. All the good parties are back "OM" at Mansion, meganite at space (always a hit)...etc

3. Radio 1 show may have left Nikki but replaced by Defected Party ;D

4. The day parties /pool parties/hotel parties are still the gems of WMC and IMHO the best part of conference. and they will be here to stay..

etc etc....

of all the conferences my last was the best. three reasons

1. day parties

2. Shipwrecked boat cruise

Guest skywalker01

as always, it will be a ridiculously good time.

single best memory of years past :

DT party at old space on the patio mid morning and people with feathers and face paint everywhere. "tribal" being the theme. just plain fuckin' CRAZY!!!

Guest Miss_Digital

A

• more parties lots of variety with talent
  • good music good times
  • wmc, m3, mmc all around same time
  • GG & ultra have great line ups
  • i will have fun regardless always an A+ for me

Guest Miss_Digital

I voted "F", I think this will be the worst WMC ever based upon the lack of excitement and the fact that NIN is all anyone is talking about.

Crowds will be way down

The focus on EDM will be over this year

quit drinkin' that juice

haterade.gif

I will say A but not because of a-z dj that will be in town...frankly my main reason is because this is one of the few times that i get to see old friends unite all in one place, esp ppl from back home(VA/MD/DC area) that i haven't seen in ages.

All the other dj's are almost here thru the year, so for me i could really careles...that's just me plz dont shoot me

A

i'm confident. it gets better every year. cause every year we're all more informed, and every year you get to focus more on the specific acts/djs that you want to see. i don't give a fuck about what grade the "industry" gets, and what it'll do for the edm scene. all i know is that that week i'll get to see whatever dj i want to, and it'll be great.

Guest pod

A

Well, I'm biased, but the buzz on the street is really interesting because a lot of venues have been hush-hush. You know as well as I do, Saleen, that our friends are planning good things.

It's always A for me because I'm really picky about which parties I devote my energies to. Call me ignorant, but I rarely go with a "maybe" party during conference.

Guest RingmasterCrew

A

You gotta think outside of Miami on this one. I know that the crowd coming from Las Vegas and the Northwest (Seattle and Portland specifically) is bigger than ever before this year. And trust me, the people are not talking about the rock music.. although they think that is pretty cool, it is definitely not the focus.

I think this year is going to fuckin rock. And if the crowds are slightly down at a particular event, then good. I thought that was the idea behind spreading it out.

Guest pod

Not really. The idea of spreading it out is more of getting the events to spread out...i.e. when 13284347 events that you wanna go to are on the same day, it sucks. But if you get them to spread out, you can attend more. I know I miss a lot of events since they conflict with stuff I absolutely have to do.

Crowds are fine. Clubs, promoters, DJs make money with crowds.

Guest vegasguy25

Crowds will be way down

The focus on EDM will be over this year

lol

Guest michael^heaven

Nothing will ever compare to my first time...

---Ditto. 1994...Hawtin, his bro, & Wilcox at the Edge Lauderdale...sickness!!

Guest ludik

C

everyone i talked to that is a wmc veteran and not in it for the money have been pesimistic about this year. Seems like there is alot less overall interest in it this year and the only people who say there isnt are the promoters and noobs.

Im hoping for the best, but my expectations arent high this year. This will prob be my last year after 6 consecutive years.

Guest L.A.spin

DITTO here too....how can you not have a good time. The only reason I didn't vote A was because so many events are always held on the same days. I guess thats a good thing as well. So maybe B+/A-...... Either way, I agree. I'll have fun....

Guest ramon

Nothing will ever compare to my first time...

---Ditto. 1994...Hawtin, his bro, & Wilcox at the Edge Lauderdale...sickness!!

wow .. the illusive matthew hawtin.