Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The WMC/MMC expectation poll.

For what ever criteria you wish to use, how will this wmc be? Grade it.  

1. 1. For what ever criteria you wish to use, how will this wmc be? Grade it.

Guest Philip

I voted "F", I think this will be the worst WMC ever based upon the lack of excitement and the fact that NIN is all anyone is talking about.

Crowds will be way down

The focus on EDM will be over this year

quit drinkin' that juice

haterade.gif

Well said Miss Digital. Sure there are years better than others, but I can't think of a year that I couldn't grade an "A".

Guest RingmasterCrew

if spreading events out was the hope.. lol.. based on the events already mentioned.. i dont think it worked. it just gave more people the opportunity to throw more parties.. not that im complaining :)

god im lookin forward to it this year.. now that i dont live there anymore.. i can actually view it as a vacation.. no shuttling around friends from out of town!! lol

Guest pod

Spreading events out and booking more parties. Either way, more things are going on. Why limit ourselves to four days established by an arbitrary body?

Guest maru37

I'm a little nervous coming for the tail end 24 - 29 that all of the good parties are going to be more towards the beginning. One of the things I liked about the last few years is that you were sure that EVERYTHING was going down within a certain set of dates. Now the set of dates is so long that I can't possibly take off work all that time so I will ultimately miss something. Still trying to be positive - and getting really pysched up for it - but I will be disapointed if I miss... say Lee Burridge at BED due to my timing.

Guest durrtylexx

I'm a little nervous coming for the tail end 24 - 29 that all of the good parties are going to be more towards the beginning. One of the things I liked about the last few years is that you were sure that EVERYTHING was going down within a certain set of dates. Now the set of dates is so long that I can't possibly take off work all that time so I will ultimately miss something. Still trying to be positive - and getting really pysched up for it - but I will be disapointed if I miss... say Lee Burridge at BED due to my timing.

exactly. thats the way I feel.

I've decided to take off of work from the 22nd to the 29th.

Guest bode

just my opinion, but very few people that specifically attend wmc on an annual basis is attracted by the buzz of nin. a diff crowd. i have friends that r going for nin that would never attend a wmc event. i guess the only true indicator will be wether or not global is a money maker, but to say there is no buzz. please, ive been going for the past 8 years and each and every year it gets larger. there is no reason to think this year wont have similar results. the event has gotten so big that apparently there is a large enough market to throw two massive festivals.

Guest pod

^^^

This is true. Each year, more and more people come to Miami around that time of the year. And honestly, a good portion of them aren't here for conference time. You've probably had to dodge a few hordes of spring-break kids lately.

Guest Adam Singer

just my opinion, but very few people that specifically attend wmc on an annual basis is attracted by the buzz of nin.

yeah only the ones who actually have good taste in music

Guest L.A.spin

exactly. thats the way I feel.

I've decided to take off of work from the 22nd to the 29th.

Same thing on my end...Took the 22-29 off. Hoping I'm not missing anything....

Guest Marina22

A++ Because we are hitting up two festivals this year instead of one. Also, possibly going to the Defected party instead of Radio One's. Maybe, another party depending on $$ and maybe a hotel room one night?! Also, a great time with friends and the best collective line-up I've seen yet. NIN, will be great but that is not what me and my friends are going for.