Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTV VMAs May Not Return To Miami In 2006

Bling

Guest rollyp66

I may be wrong, but -Although it is a huge event...the Super Bowl is not biggest sporting event in the world....that would be the WORLD CUP. Which takes place this summer in Germany. Bring on the polka! The Super Bowl is definitely the biggest in the US, though.

Actually, I''m going to correct myself... it is the Olympics but the Super Bowl is HUGE!

Guest spacecadet

I may be wrong, but -Although it is a huge event...the Super Bowl is not biggest sporting event in the world....that would be the WORLD CUP. Which takes place this summer in Germany. Bring on the polka! The Super Bowl is definitely the biggest in the US, though.

Actually, I''m going to correct myself... it is the Olympics but the Super Bowl is HUGE!

The world cup is once every four years unlike the superbowl

Guest nightclub buddha

I was just making a comparison of event versus another. Also, you gotta remember that outside this country the most watched sport worldwide is football (soccer), not american football. So when the world cup rolls around most people outside of the US are glued to their TVs during every important match. Whole countries shut-down if their team is in an important match, so everyone can watch.

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

they won't be missed by me.

same here. I went the first year and it was annoying. That weekend everything was over priced and def. over rated

Guest pod

I'm willing to deal with the inconvenience these events cause if it results in more clueless tourists spending too much for their own good. ;D

Guest Devilicious

I'm willing to deal with the inconvenience these events cause if it results in more clueless tourists spending too much for their own good. ;D

exactly

It's on par with spring break

Guest Satan

err....i still say i wont miss it....tourists will always be here.

shit, i get pissed when the miami marathoners end up blocking off some streets downtown and fucking up my afterhours parking situation.