Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Superbowl XL 'Final Answer'

Guest swirlundergrounder

Who Will Win Superbowl XL 'Final Answer'  

1. 1. Who Will Win Superbowl XL 'Final Answer'

Guest swirlundergrounder

ARE YOU READY PEOPLE!!!

I think the Hawks will win since the Steelers are parading around town as if they are already winning it for Jerome Bettis.

Then again I think the Steelers will win because Matt Hasslebeck opened his big freakin' mouth the day they left Seattle at a send off party and basically guaranteed a win by saying 'We're going to go in there and get it done'! Thus jinxing the Seahawks chances. The last time Hasslebeck made a gaurantee he threw an interception that was returned for the winning touchdown during an overtime loss in the NFC wild card game in Green Bay. (He said after winning the coin toss in over time 'we want the ball. we're gonna score)...

Fuc*kin dingbat!

Matt Hasslebeck later apoligized to the media for making his statement regarding his remark about 'getting it done' in Superbowl XL!

GO HAWK!

Guest macboy

Are you serious? He apologized? For what? That's so stupid. If we had to hear apologies from every athlete that ever guaranteed a win we'd never be watching any games. You have no idea how many times I've had to endure Patrick Ewing's empty guarantees during his career. If the Seahawks lose it'll be because Hasselback is a fucking wimp for apologizing.

But that brings us to another question, how many people are not going to be watching this weekend? Honestly, I'm not that excited about it, but I'm sure I'll catch bits and pieces throughout the evening, at least for the commercials. Definitely will not be glued to the set.

Oh yeah, Terry, please add "Don't Care" to your poll. Thanks. ;D

Guest JMT

the last time hasslebeck made a guarantee he looked like a moron when they did lose.

i love the superbowl. there is no matchup of teams i would not watch. this matchup is very interesting to me. east vs. west, a dynasty possibly resurrected vs. a team who has never been there. added to that, i always place a wager to make it more interesting.

i wont mind seeing either team win, but if i have to pick ive gotta go with steelers. they have already knocked off all the best teams in the league.

Guest Spankmeister

OK Terry...

The Seahawks did play well...but with everything that has gone on in the playoffs...I think this is Pittsburg's year.

It has similarities to NE's run a couple of years ago...a couple of blown calls in the final minutes in a early playoff game (even though Pitt was on the road and not at home) and they definitely have the momentum...

Seattle is a great team, Holmgren should have given up the GM duties far before they were taken away....It is going to be a great Superbowl, I am going to enjoy every minute of it, but Pitt is playing like they are a team of destiny in the playoffs...

We will see, it will be interesting to say the least, but I have to go with the Steelers on this one...

Guest durrtylexx

I voted for the Steelers.

Like I stated before, they Steelers have been kicking ass.

The stopped the Bengals, the Colts & they humiliated the Bronco's. I know the Hawks have a great O and a good D, but the Steelers look like the have entire package.

Anyways, like they say on any given Sunday any team can win.

It's going to be a hello of game! I'm excited!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

But the one thing that all you guys who are rooting for the Steelers forget about is that if Carson Palmer didn't go down on the first passing play of that game in Cincinnati there could have been a very different outcome in all of this!

I think that if Carson Palmer didn't go down then we wouldn't be talking about the Steelers right now.

But the fact is we are. They did go into Indy and take out Indy and then go to Denver (a 13-3 AFC team) and beat them as well. I don't take those 2 wins away from the Steelers.

I do take away their win from the Bengals though! Consider that!

Pitt is tough... I've always been a Pitt fan also since the Terry Bradshaw days...

It's going to be a great Superbowl no matter the outcome...

I just hope the officials don't fuck up!!

Guest LeVeL

You know I love going for the underdog and on Superbowl Sunday I will go with the Seahawks, too many people are suddenly riding on the Steelers. The Steelers are a beatable team and its a matter of time before Ben Roethlisberger goes back to his old ways.

If the Seahawks stop the Steelers running game then their playaction wont work anymore and they would have to rely more on Ben Roethlisberger. Some how I see this cinderalla run end this sunday and the better more proven team will win which are the Seahawks a team that has been playing good all year and has yet to get credit for it.

Guest LeVeL

But the one thing that all you guys who are rooting for the Steelers forget about is that if Carson Palmer didn't go down on the first passing play of that game in Cincinnati there could have been a very different outcome in all of this!

I think that if Carson Palmer didn't go down then we wouldn't be talking about the Steelers right now.

I agree with this statement, the Steelers got away with Robbery with that game, I actually was going for the Bengals to be the AFC representative for the Superbowl. And I really think the Steelers coyuld of lost that game but things happens and I they have proven themselves by beating all these teams on the road.

But I agree the Bengals could of won that game. The Steelers almost didn't get into the playoffs and al Big Ben was not being the best quaterback at the time. Suddenly everyone is praising him when the guy was non for mental errors everytime he threw the ball thats why the Steelers would run 75% of the time.

The Steelers achillies heel is Big Ben, he will either win the game for them or he will ruin their hopes of winning. On Sunday he will make mental mistakes.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I agree with this statement' date=' the Steelers got away with Robbery with that game, I actually was going for the Bengals to be the AFC representative for the Superbowl. And I really think the Steelers coyuld of lost that game but things happens and I they have proven themselves by beating all these teams on the road.

But I agree the Bengals could of won that game. The Steelers almost didn't get into the playoffs and al Big Ben was not being the best quaterback at the time. Suddenly everyone is praising him when the guy was non for mental errors everytime he threw the ball thats why the Steelers would run 75% of the time.

The Steelers achillies heel is Big Ben, he will either win the game for them or he will ruin their hopes of winning. On Sunday he will make mental mistakes.

[/quote']The difference will come down to the play of the QB's on both teams. You have a second year QB in Big Ben vs. an 7th year QB in Big Mouth Hasslebeck....LOL.

Guest Spankmeister

;D

There are a lot of things that happen in Pro Sports...people get hurt, officials blow calls, fumbles happen. John Kitna is a good QB, perhaps not as good as Palmer, but he did do a great job for Cinn the last couple of years...

The thing is, and yes, I have been a Steelers fan since the days of the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw...it seems like all the 'intangables' are going Pitt's way this playoffs...that is something you can't bank on but it does play into the big scheme of things...

I am in no way dissing Seattle, they have played really, really well and I give them props...but to me, it just seems like Pitt is the team that just can't lose this playoffs...but we will see on Sunday!... ;D

Guest trancelator

That may be true but injuries are part of the game. When I was at FSU, the defense knocked out the qb in 6 of the games one season. Football (and most sports for that matter) is very physical and not only is it a game of strategy but survival of the fittest.

Guest swirlundergrounder

;D

There are a lot of things that happen in Pro Sports...people get hurt, officials blow calls, fumbles happen. John Kitna is a good QB, perhaps not as good as Palmer, but he did do a great job for Cinn the last couple of years...

The thing is, and yes, I have been a Steelers fan since the days of the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw...it seems like all the 'intangables' are going Pitt's way this playoffs...that is something you can't bank on but it does play into the big scheme of things...

I am in no way dissing Seattle, they have played really, really well and I give them props...but to me, it just seems like Pitt is the team that just can't lose this playoffs...but we will see on Sunday!... ;D

yeah alot of things happen during the game but John Kitna is no Carson Palmer! John Kitna does not have the arm that Palmer does and Marvin Lewis didn't have the option of all the deep plays that he would have had with Palmer.

John Kitna is a drop back, quick slant passing QB who can scramble which plays right into the 3-4 defense that Pitt plays. All Pitt had to do was bring in Troy Palamualo (spell) up to support and spy with the other 7 men in the box because he wasn't needed in deep coverage becuz Kitna isn't a deep threat!

Guest Spankmeister

;D

yeah alot of things happen during the game but John Kitna is no Carson Palmer! John Kitna does not have the arm that Palmer does and Marvin Lewis didn't have the option of all the deep plays that he would have had with Palmer.

John Kitna is a drop back, quick slant passing QB who can scramble which plays right into the 3-4 defense that Pitt plays. All Pitt had to do was bring in Troy Palamualo (spell) up to support and spy with the other 7 men in the box because he wasn't needed in deep coverage becuz Kitna isn't a deep threat!

Well, we will never know.... :P

So many intangables come into play, you can't accurately predict any outcome...there is such parity in the NFL (barring some teams like where I grew up...Detroit) that any team can win on any given Sunday...It will be a good game nonetheless!

Guest dahzel

voting's at 7-7 i think the seahawks will pull it off if they start off strong. if they get behind early, they'll never win. pittsburgh is a good, tough team. i think seattle has more weapons to win with and should win.

Guest swirlundergrounder

voting's at 7-7 i think the seahawks will pull it off if they start off strong. if they get behind early, they'll never win. pittsburgh is a good, tough team. i think seattle has more weapons to win with and should win.

The voting is now 8-7. I didn't cast my vote until now.

9-9 now,I really hope the Seahawks win this Superbowl.Can't stand Joey Porters big mouth nor everyone jumping on the Bettis bandwagon.I say he stays home empty handed.Also Hines Ward was a reason why I lost the final in my fantasy league so fuck em all. :D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Looks like Troy Polumalu suffered an ankle injury during practice today. He is listed as probable for the big game

Guest swirlundergrounder

9-9 now,I really hope the Seahawks win this Superbowl.Can't stand Joey Porters big mouth nor everyone jumping on the Bettis bandwagon.I say he stays home empty handed.Also Hines Ward was a reason why I lost the final in my fantasy league so fuck em all. :D

I hope the Steelers are jinxing themselves with all this winning one for Bettis BS...

It's BS because these guys want to win one for themselves when it comes down to it!

And what's up with Joey Porter and this fued with Jeremy Stevens? They won't even meet in the field. Joey will be brought in to cover the Hawks run and they also usually line up on opposite sides.

Now I'm watching NFL live and Joey Porter is calling Shaun Alexander soft? telling him to expect a physical game? Duhh fuckin' dumb ass football is a physical game! That dude is going to get run over if not by Alexander then by Mack Strong the Hawks FB!

Guest Spankmeister

I hope the Steelers are jinxing themselves with all this winning one for Bettis BS...

It's BS because these guys want to win one for themselves when it comes down to it!

And what's up with Joey Porter and this fued with Jeremy Stevens? They won't even meet in the field. Joey will be brought in to cover the Hawks run and they also usually line up on opposite sides.

Now I'm watching NFL live and Joey Porter is calling Shaun Alexander soft? telling him to expect a physical game? Duhh fuckin' dumb ass football is a physical game! That dude is going to get run over if not by Alexander then by Mack Strong the Hawks FB!

LOL....I had to quote this, so Terry wouldn't be able to go back and change his answers after the game... ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

LOL....I had to quote this, so Terry wouldn't be able to go back and change his answers after the game... ;)

There's nothing on here that I would want to change. The Steelers are already acting like they've already won the Superbowl for Jerome Bettis and they haven't even played the game yet....

Guest LeVeL

Looks like Troy Polumalu suffered an ankle injury during practice today. He is listed as probable for the big game

It didn't happen yesterday, it was an undisclosed injury that he's been having but until yesterday he was out on the Steeler injury list.

As this game gets closer, the odds makers in Vegas will start to believe that this game will be closer than one thinks. I am really starting to see both teams on the same level. Anyone that thinks that this game is going to be a catwalk for the Steelers is certainly kidding themselves.

Matt Hasselback is a proven QB, we all know what Shaun Alexander can do. As far as the defense is concerned they are really aggresive. Pittburgh and especially Joey Porter better stop overlooking what the objective is going to be on sunday instead of paying so much attention to Jeremy Stevens.

Yeah I am going for the Seahawks and I will be rooting for the former Florida State Footballs Players who are now in the organization for they can get a ring..like Michael Boulware,Walter Jones,Peter Warrick and Ray Willis.

Go Noles 8)

Guest swirlundergrounder

It didn't happen yesterday' date=' it was an undisclosed injury that he's been having but until yesterday he was out on the Steeler injury list.

As this game gets closer, the odds makers in Vegas will start to believe that this game will be closer than one thinks. I am really starting to see both teams on the same level. Anyone that thinks that this game is going to be a catwalk for the Steelers is certainly kidding themselves.

Matt Hasselback is a proven QB, we all know what Shaun Alexander can do. As far as the defense is concerned they are really aggresive. Pittburgh and especially Joey Porter better stop overlooking what the objective is going to be on sunday instead of paying so much attention to Jeremy Stevens.

Yeah I am going for the Seahawks and I will be rooting for the former Florida State Footballs Players who are now in the organization for they can get a ring..like Michael Boulware,Walter Jones,Peter Warrick and Ray Willis.

Go Noles 8)

[/quote']You're right about opinions being more even and the line getting closer. I've been watching ESPN coverage from Detroit all week and when the Conference Chamionships were decided everyone was picking the Steelers to win. But since there has been more press and media attention on both teams, (especially for the Seahawks who never get any media coverage), I think the nation has begun to know just what the Seahawks are all about and what they are capable of doing.

But again opinions don't win games for you!