Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TOOL Confirmed For COACHELLA VALLEY MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL

Guest pussErox

Guest pussErox

According to The Los Angeles Times, TOOL have been confirmed for the seventh edition of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, which will take over the small desert town of Indio, California on April 29 and 30. Tickets go on sale Saturday.

More than 80 acts are on the bill. Among other notables: DEPECHE MODE, FRANZ FERDINAND, PAUL OAKENFOLD, THE YEAH YEAH YEAHS, SIGUR RÓS and COMMON.

TOOL's set for the Sunday show would revisit the festival's first year, 1999, when that band memorably joined RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE on the closing night.

The concert is staged at Empire Polo Field and, although considered a big gamble in its early years, has become a template for U.S. stand-alone festivals. Last year, the festival single-day crowds reached 50,000, said Paul Tollett of Goldenvoice Presents, which created and promotes the event.

As previously reported, TOOL are one of the first three acts to be confirmed for this year's Roskilde Festial, set to take place June 29 – July 2 in Roskilde, Denmark. Also scheduled to appear are FRANZ FERDINAND and KANYE WEST. It was also reported by Norwegian national TV channel TV2 that TOOL will play Norway's Quart festival in early July. Both the Roskilde and Quart performances are likely to be part of a European festival tour in the summer.

TOOL are currently in the mixing stage on their new album and are reportedly looking at an April or May release for the disc, their first since 2001's "Lateralus". A video directed by guitarist Adam Jones is also said to be in the works, with members of the band preparing to embark on an an international press tour for the new effort. More information will be made available soon.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=47646

Guest durrtylexx

I saw Tool once in concert, and I must say that it was quite possibly the strangest concert that I've ever gone to.

They played the entire set in the dark, they could have not been there and no one would have known. This happened maybe 2-3 years ago at the Arena in Sunrise. (I forgot the name of the arena)

Anyways, I should have taken a hit of cid, cause all they did was show some cool vids and played with the lights the entire time. The music was good, but it was a wacky wacky concert.

Guest AlanS

I saw Tool once in concert, and I must say that it was quite possibly the strangest concert that I've ever gone to.

They played the entire set in the dark, they could have not been there and no one would have known. This happened maybe 2-3 years ago at the Arena in Sunrise. (I forgot the name of the arena)

Anyways, I should have taken a hit of cid, cause all they did was show some cool vids and played with the lights the entire time. The music was good, but it was a wacky wacky concert.

Very interesting.

I didn't see the show here, but I did see them on the same tour in Houston at a massive massive outdoor amphitheater (Woodlands maybe?). Tricky was also on the bill, they did stuff together that was just phenominal. I thought the the whole show was amazing, but def agree also tripped out and wacky.. but that's Tool, they rock! Everytime I've seen them Maynard has been painted from head to toe in purple body paint or something.

I'm really glad to hear they are working on a new album.

i saw tool in tallahassee a couple of years back, weird show, yeah, but it was the most amazing concert i've ever been to. maynard stayed in the back of the stage by the drummer and faced away from the crowd the whole night. basically he stared at the giant wall behind him the whole concert. but that's tool, and i love em for it.

my favorite band, by far. ;D

Guest pussErox

that was the lateralus tour. the show was at the national car rental center (thats what it was called back then). I have seen them,....well, a lot. first time was at the edge in 1994! They perform like no other. Maynards voice cannot be compared to anyone elses. its sick. I remember seeing him with Tori Amos on VH1 a few years back.....unreal. If you get a chance to see them live, I highly recommend it. Rumor is that they will be touring with Depeche Mode summer this year.

Guest pod

Coachella has been doing it for years

Thanks for pointing that out. Apparently it is a cardinal sin to do so amongst some more rabid members of the dance music community. ;D

Guest ramon

Coachella has been doing it for years

Thanks for pointing that out. Apparently it is a cardinal sin to do so amongst some more rabid members of the dance music community. ;D

they also have had Laurent Garnier!