Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 2006 World Baseball Classic

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest dahzel

Baseball is whack!

i really think that most of the ppl that like baseball played it at one time or another. it is the hardest game of the 4 major sports but it is very boring to watch. i love the game but only watch it when there is a good pitching match-up or the play-offs. hopefully the WBC will be good

Guest swirlundergrounder

Baseball is whack!

i really think that most of the ppl that like baseball played it at one time or another. it is the hardest game of the 4 major sports but it is very boring to watch. i love the game but only watch it when there is a good pitching match-up or the play-offs. hopefully the WBC will be good

Hitting a ball correctly is the harderst thing to do in any of the 4 major sports. Yeah I agree. I like the good, tense pitching duels. Blowouts are boring.

Baseball I think is one of the most exciting sports to watch. Baseball is all about perfection and tension! And you have to watch it from that perspective. In what other sport do you see people in the stands with their hands covering their mouths and shaking their bodies back and forth in place because they are so nervous for the next little thing to happen.

Baseball is a game made up of a bunch of little things and a couple of big things. When those 'Big Things' happen, they are never the same! Each event is it's own and rarely do they look the same. From the way the ball bounces on a ground ball or it's an inside the park home run, a small mistake in baseball is a huge event. The blemish in the 'perfection' and The release in the 'tension'...

If you understand that then you can truly understand why baseball is a game that you can watch with excitement even into the 18 inning!

Guest swirlundergrounder

March 3rd-20th. 16 countries participating. DISCUSS!!

discuss what?? USA and Venezuela/DR in the final..nuff said...

So basically your saying that since those countries have the most major leaguers that you think they're just going to win?

Don't sleep on Japan! Bobby Valentine will be the first to tell you that Japan has a few of the top 100 players in the world among them!

Plus the US is all about power pitching! But the Japs are the masters of putting a lot of movement on the ball...

Guest Fez

March 3rd-20th. 16 countries participating. DISCUSS!!

discuss what?? USA and Venezuela/DR in the final..nuff said...

today we just lost the "Serie del Caribe" to Vzla. just got home from "El Arepazo"...crazy isht over there...i even lost my voice....

lemme just tell ya

March 7th is when we'll see who;s king...

about finals

US & DR fosho...

DR will win...

Guest michael^heaven

---This event is a waist of time IMO. Wonderful way to get hurt in the offseason. Plus, who are you gonna root for?? Your country, your favorite player, or your favorite team that's not represented??

Guest Fez

---This event is a waist of time IMO. Wonderful way to get hurt in the offseason. Plus, who are you gonna root for?? Your country, your favorite player, or your favorite team that's not represented??

you're so ignorant...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah but look what happened to our National Basketball Team in the last Olympics. Our pros lost ot Argentina. I just go's to show that some of our sports are reaching out around the world and gathering global interest. The MLB, NFL, NBA etc push for the globalization of their respective sports and then when an event like this happens it seems as if the majority of us think it's a waste of time when these organizations don't.

A lot of these countries have very competitive players on their rosters. So don't underestimate their skills...

I think this is a fun thing and if successful it will change what our World Series rreally means to us.

Guest Fez

Yeah but look what happened to our National Basketball Team in the last Olympics. Our pros lost ot Argentina. I just go's to show that some of our sports are reaching out around the world and gathering global interest. The MLB, NFL, NBA etc push for the globalization of their respective sports and then when an event like this happens it seems as if the majority of us think it's a waste of time when these organizations don't.

A lot of these countries have very competitive players on their rosters. So don't underestimate their skills...

I think this is a fun thing and if successful it will change what our World Series rreally means to us.

wow, didn't expect that...first american that has said that...

Guest michael^heaven

you're so ignorant...

---Nice ::)!! Your attention to detail is f@#king mindblowing!! You know what to do...we're out of chicken & beef...drive the f@#k through!!!

Guest Cosmigonon

You're right though.

D.R will win with out a.rod - (it's a shame what happen in La serie del Caribe...)

I got my tickets when they were only selling tickets if you bought them for every game.

I paid $140.00 for the block of 6 games. I can only go to the 2 last d.r games and I just sold my ticket for the opening game (dr v venez) for $210.

Gonna be in the games with my "BrugaLata" and my Aguilas Del Cibao hat...