Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Music Player?

Guest dahzel

Guest dahzel

i've been wanting to get an i-pod or something comparable but don't know what to get. i was going to get an i-pod but lately i've heard nothing but bad things. two of my friends are on there second one and my cousin is on her third. but i know nothing about the other players. any info? thanks.

Guest durrtylexx

I love my

Pearl_main_prod.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I've had to format my mp3 player and rio has replaced it for me as well.

But all in all, my life is much better with it.

Guest dahzel

wm-w800.jpg

This works pretty good... comes with AM/FM and direct recording features.

WAAAAAAY outta my price range. something more affordable, not so high-tek?

Guest dahzel

I love my

Pearl_main_prod.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I've had to format my mp3 player and rio has replaced it for me as well.

But all in all, my life is much better with it.

how many gigs? any accesories? price?

Guest rollyp66

The Truth being is that essentially with any mp3 player, you are going to face issues due to the fact that they are sensetive. You are carring a HD, and if you drop it, bump it or anything it will be an issue. It isn't just with the IPODS it is with all of them.

Go your research and see which one you can afford and see what features you will use

Guest GoodLife

I had an archos 15 gig before mp3 players were the "cool " tech item to have...the harddrive took a shite after about 3 years of use

Guest pod

Yeah if you wanna look like a TV commercial.

Don't get me wrong, the Ipods are decent devices, I just don't agree with the DRM features. What I like about Archos devices and most of the other devices out there is that their essentially just portable hard drives/flash drives that happen to be able to play video and audio files.

With some creativity, you can even get some of the higher end Archos devices to run Linux. The PMA 400 is actually a Linux-based device. You can do Podzilla (I love that name) on an iPod, but Apple really frowns upon it.

I don't do much device hacking, but I like to know the ability exists, and even better if the company gives you a "nod" to do so. Linksys is really gung-ho on it, they provide source code on their website.

Guest Cosmigonon

Don't get me wrong, the Ipods are decent devices, I just don't agree with the DRM features. What I like about Archos devices and most of the other devices out there is that their essentially just portable hard drives/flash drives that happen to be able to play video and audio files.

With some creativity, you can even get some of the higher end Archos devices to run Linux. The PMA 400 is actually a Linux-based device. You can do Podzilla (I love that name) on an iPod, but Apple really frowns upon it.

I don't do much device hacking, but I like to know the ability exists, and even better if the company gives you a "nod" to do so. Linksys is really gung-ho on it, they provide source code on their website.

Blah, blah, blah, I just want to listen to music while at the gym... :P

Blah, blah, blah, I just want to listen to music while at the gym... :P

haha

my lil 1gb mp3 playa is half the size of the shuffle w/ 20 presets fm stations, display screen, voice recorder, equalizer, and less than half the price of a 512mb shuffle

not that i dont like ipods, i find them pretty neat esp the nano, but i also would only use for the gym which i can put about 8 long sets which is more than enough for me, and having the convenience of its size inconjuction w/ the arm strap is deff a plus

VL541b_ani_bg.gif