Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what up everyone-

Guest BreakerOneNine

Guest BreakerOneNine

I didnt see an introduce yourself thread...so I figured I would just take this opportunity to say what up....I just moved here to South Florida a few weeks ago...I have been throwin events..going to partys and all that junk since 93...started out in Atlanta from 93 to 99...then on to Baltimore for a couple years.....then I just moved here from Wilmington NC...so ummmm yeah...I guess if ya wanna know anything else you can check out my MYSPACE which is in my sig.

peace

Jeff

Guest Devilicious

Indeed... I rep NC. Chapel Hill to be exact. I've spent many fun filled days (and nights) in Wilmington. Cute little town, though I have always had the impression there was no EDM scene. Lotsa hippies though.

Welcome :)

Guest BreakerOneNine

Thanks everyone...and yeah....Wilmington actually had one of the original scenes in NC....starting around 92 with Metropolis...then Capones...then the Bizzare and .COM days...there is a new club in Wilmington now...Club Fusion...huge...one of the nicest on the East Coast in my opinion..and right before I left they were opening another called Frequency...and Fixx was there the opening night...and Chapel Hill pretty much died as far as a scene goes when NV closed down...and Greensboro was a hot spot for many years...not as hot now...Charlotte is where its at now...it was always a hot spot...but now its real big.....lol...so there a little Carolina low down....anyway....hope to meet some peeps soon...cause I am a bored mofo.

Guest Devilicious

Wow! I lived in NC for quite some time... I knew Charlotte was bringing people in, and I was there during NV's short lived run, but I had no clue about what was going on in Wilmington!

I have a stellar idea... all the haters who think Miami is lame and want an underground scene should move to NC... if I lived there as long as I did and never knew some of this it's as underground as it gets.

/tangent

breaker... come by Shine next Saturday, I will be working and more than a few CJers will be in attendance :)

Guest speedway

can you all fill me in on the edm and overall scene (if any) in Charlotte. I'll be up there for a bunch of business this year and am even contemplating a move to Charlotte one of these days - have family up toward Ashville.

Any suggestions/comments appreciated.

Guest BreakerOneNine

can you all fill me in on the edm and overall scene (if any) in Charlotte. I'll be up there for a bunch of business this year and am even contemplating a move to Charlotte one of these days - have family up toward Ashville.

Any suggestions/comments appreciated.

first I would start by checking out http://www.spins.us/forum

that is the NC based version of CoolJunkie with over 5000 members...In Charlotte there is...

The Forum- http://www.thecharlotteforum.com/the_forum.html

Liquid Lounge- http://www.liquidlounge.net [which Colette is a resident]

Menage Ultra Lounge- http://www.menageultralounge.com/events.htm [my friend Laura just took over doing the bookings there]

Velocity- http://www.velocitync.com [which is one of the nicest clubs on the East Coast in my opinion..it is huge with a huge terrace...now this is normally a gay but alot of the major events are thrown there cause it holds over 2000 peeps.]

Scorpios- I dont know their web address but that is another huge gay bar that alot of the mojor events are thrown at.

and theree are others...but like I said...just check out the "events section" on SPINS.

hope that helps a little.

and I have way too many friends there...I could hook ya up with some contact in or Myspace addresses through PM if ya would like and you wouldnt even have to hunt for friends..ha

Guest speedway

thanks...checked out the message board site - you are right...a pretty impressive following...

I'll actually be there a few weekday (Tue - Wed) nights upcoming...do you know if any of those spots get going on weekdays?

Is there an afterhours?

Guest ddg

ever hit up coyote joes ( i think that was its name)?? saw icey, ak1200, wink, some others there...good times...

greensboro had some good parties when i was up there...

i used to go on spins website all the time...they even had a record shop in greensboro called spins..too bad they closed..found some great gems there..

Guest BreakerOneNine

ever hit up coyote joes ( i think that was its name)?? saw icey, ak1200, wink, some others there...good times...

i used to go on spins website all the time...they even had a record shop in greensboro called spins..too bad they closed..found some great gems there..

yeah....I was with the crew that threw that party...we were Liquid Groove then...which is now Liquified....that was our first venue that we threw one of our Beyond partys at after the Millenium Center in Winston Salem...yeah...Spins the website started from a guy who was in the Unity crew which owned Spins the rocord store...Ed Lebrun was the guys name who owned the store and he was murdered a few years back...and he is the one that threw the legendary "First Friday" partys @ Babylon in Greensboro....also the was Club Zero back in the day in Greensboro....which us and Hypersonic were throwing the "Late Night Underground" partys which didnt even begin until 3am...wow...those were the days...M-E-M-O-R-I-E-S

Guest ddg

yeah....I was with the crew that threw that party...we were Liquid Groove then...which is now Liquified....that was our first venue that we threw one of our Beyond partys at after the Millenium Center in Winston Salem...yeah...Spins the website started from a guy who was in the Unity crew which owned Spins the rocord store...Ed Lebrun was the guys name who owned the store and he was murdered a few years back...and he is the one that threw the legendary "First Friday" partys @ Babylon in Greensboro....also the was Club Zero back in the day in Greensboro....which us and Hypersonic were throwing the "Late Night Underground" partys which didnt even begin until 3am...wow...those were the days...M-E-M-O-R-I-E-S

THX for bringing back memories as well..i used to hit up first fridays all the time.......still remember when they got raided....saw hardware and micro a couple of times there...i think micro did the last party there...i remember hearing about lebruns murder..some different stories were being told everywhere...btw..that party that u guys threw was a great time!! 8)

Guest Devilicious

OMG!!!! I just had one helluva flashback... the first club I ever went to, the first time I ever heard any form of electronic music... was the fall of I think 95, the party was "first friday" and I was 14 years old... oh wow... that means I've been going to clubs for more than a decade :o

Guest tres-b

Liquified is still huge in Atlanta. They do Saturday nights at eleven50.

Guest dino

Liquified is solid here in Atlanta. Can't believe you came from Wilmington. I used to cover that territory for work, and I loved it. By far the coolest "small" town I have ever been to. You had the beach, good restaurants, good places to go out, and a university full of beautiful women.

I now cover Charlotte with my job and have only been out there once. I saw Danny Howells right before halloween. Not really sure how to find out about any big parties there. I am only there on the weekdays.

Anyway, the weekends are great in the ATL with Liquified and Surface bringing in quality djs. This Saturday is DJ Dan and Christoper Lawrence at the grand opening of Fever. Can't wait.

Guest BreakerOneNine

Liquified is solid here in Atlanta. Can't believe you came from Wilmington. I used to cover that territory for work, and I loved it. By far the coolest "small" town I have ever been to. You had the beach, good restaurants, good places to go out, and a university full of beautiful women.

I now cover Charlotte with my job and have only been out there once. I saw Danny Howells right before halloween. Not really sure how to find out about any big parties there. I am only there on the weekdays.

yeah...back in tha day we had Robbie Hardkiss come to Spin @ Axis one night and he ended up staying the whole summer...he met some girl that went to UNCW.