Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush Approval Poll (34%) a Crock

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

What kind of results do you think you'd get with the following sample? Polls are such BS. They lack so much credibility. I'm not saying people are head over heels for this guy, but I could take a poll saying his approval rating is 73% if I chose the right sample....

cbs-pollstats.png

So out of 1000 people, only 27% are Republicans? Yeah, whatever....seems like a fair poll to me.

Guest swirlundergrounder

What kind of results do you think you'd get with the following sample? Polls are such BS. They lack so much credibility. I'm not saying people are head over heels for this guy' date=' but I could take a poll saying his approval rating is 73% if I chose the right sample....

[img']http://newsbusters.org/media/cbs-pollstats.png

So out of 1000 people, only 27% are Republicans? Yeah, whatever....seems like a fair poll to me.

Approval rating has nothing to do with who out of those polled are Republians, Democrats (or others). Just because someone is a Republican doesn't mean they have to necessarily approve of the job Bush is doing.

Those figures of yours are not that far off base. I heard his overall approval rating is somewhere in the high 30 percentile (CNN Polls) to the low 40 percentile (Fox News Polls).

Guest JMT

i dont doubt it might be in the toilet, but the poll is from CBS, the same people who brought you the forged national guard documents and hung dan rather out to dry for it.

Guest slamminshaun

i dont doubt it might be in the toilet, but the poll is from CBS, the same people who brought you the forged national guard documents and hung dan rather out to dry for it.

Yeah, these are also the same guys that said Kerry had a 14 point advantage over Bush going into election day. Again, I'm not saying people have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the guy, but CBS is going way over the top by trying to purposely shape public opinion using rigged polls.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i dont doubt it might be in the toilet' date=' but the poll is from CBS, the same people who brought you the forged national guard documents and hung dan rather out to dry for it.

[/quote']So what do you guys think Bush's approval rating should be as of today?

Yeah, these are also the same guys that said Kerry had a 14 point advantage over Bush going into election day. Again, I'm not saying people have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the guy, but CBS is going way over the top by trying to purposely shape public opinion using rigged polls.

So what do you think his approval rating should be right now?

Guest swirlundergrounder

...Besides I think that every president since Nixon at one point has has their approval rating in the 30 percentile at point or another. Lets see if Bush can dive into the 20 percentile LOL......

Guest swirlundergrounder

that's one thing that i learned in college that polling/sampling/statistics are complete bullshit. i don't take any stock in any polls.

Wouldn't that depend on who and what you are polling and also the make up of your control group? I think if you have a control group polling would be more accurate than random polls...

Say for instance you have a poll of 100 people who party in San Francsisco and you ask them how many of them give money to random bums on the street to find them some pot, I'm sure you'd get a fairly accurate poll of people who've done that... :P

that's one thing that i learned in college that polling/sampling/statistics are complete bullshit. i don't take any stock in any polls.

Wouldn't that depend on who and what you are polling and also the make up of your control group? I think if you have a control group polling would be more accurate than random polls...

Say for instance you have a poll of 100 people who party in San Francsisco and you ask them how many of them give money to random bums on the street to find them some pot, I'm sure you'd get a fairly accurate poll of people who've done that... :P

fah q, terry. fah q. :P ;D

Guest slamminshaun

So what do you guys think Bush's approval rating should be as of today?

I would say probably in the low 40's....again, nothing to be proud of, but to rig a poll so that you come up with 34% just for the purpose of getting people who are on the fence to jump on the bandwagon is pathetic journalism.

Guest swirlundergrounder

i dont doubt it might be in the toilet' date=' but the poll is from CBS, the same people who brought you the forged national guard documents and hung dan rather out to dry for it.

[/quote']So what do you guys think Bush's approval rating should be as of today?

I would say probably in the low 40's....again, nothing to be proud of, but to rig a poll so that you come up with 34% just for the purpose of getting people who are on the fence to jump on the bandwagon is pathetic journalism.

I don't think that the CBS poll is the only poll reporting his approval rating in the 30's.

Here's a link providing all of the polls from the major news and publications. It fluctuates between the low 40's and mid 30's.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

CBS and PEW are giving him the lowest numbers. There's even a Fox News poll that is at 40%.

Guest swirlundergrounder

^Someone should take a moment come up with the average of all the polls. I don't have the time right now...

I bet it would land right at 40%

Guest saintjohn

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass (actually, I don't have to try), but what effect does a particular approval rating have on the Bush administration? It's not like he's going to be running for re-election.

Is a relatively low number simply a green light for attention-seeking politicians (of any party affiliation) to criticize Bush in order to get some media coverage, or does it actually affect a lame-duck President in some meaningful way? If it's just a number that gives the pundits something to talk about, that's fine, but I'm curious if an approval rating ever changed the course of history.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass (actually, I don't have to try), but what effect does a particular approval rating have on the Bush administration? It's not like he's going to be running for re-election.

Is a relatively low number simply a green light for attention-seeking politicians (of any party affiliation) to criticize Bush in order to get some media coverage, or does it actually affect a lame-duck President in some meaningful way? If it's just a number that gives the pundits something to talk about, that's fine, but I'm curious if an approval rating ever changed the course of history.

Couldn't you also say that since Bush is the head of the Republican party that his approval rating not only reflects the job he's doing but also in some way reflect to the general public the job of his adminstration and the Republican party in general?

You never hear about any approval ratings about a single adminstration or a whole political party in general. It seems that figure falls on the President.