Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is the meaning of life? Answer question for chance at $10,000...

What is the meaning of life? Answer question for chance at $10,000.00.

Life’s age-old mystery: What’s it worth to you?

‘What’s meaning of life?’ Site offers $10,000 for 'right' answer

By Michael E. Ross

Reporter

MSNBC

Updated: 6:37 p.m. ET March 2, 2006

byline_msnbc.gif

msnbc_ross_051201.thumb.jpg

“What's the meaning of life?†The right answer, in 25 words or less, could be worth $10,000.

TheMeaningOfLife.com, a Southern California-base Web site, is asking the eternal question as part of a contest to find the answer to that ultimate multiple-choice question.

Adam Christing, an author, motivational speaker and the site's founder, has been pondering the question for years, and he still hasn't found what he’s looking for.

“We live in an age where we’re bombarded by messages: ‘Buy this, do this, drink this,’ †said Christing, a father of four. “People need to reflect on what life means to them — What's it all for? How do we make the most of our time? — and make choices consistent with that.â€

Christing, 42, said his Web site looks to capitalize on the popularity of “The Purpose Driven Life,†the 2002 book that has sold about 25 million copies and is, according to Publishers Weekly, the best-selling hardcover book in American history.

But where that book explores life’s purpose from a Christian perspective, Christing's Web site approaches the issue in what he views as a broader, spiritual context.

“People in the religious community get stereotyped by those who are spiritual, and spiritual people are blasting the religious,†Christing said. “I don’t think God fits in any box. We can celebrate the tradition that comes with religion, and we can enjoy the freedom that comes from a more spiritual paradigm."

-----------------------------------------------

Is there a right answer?

The inevitable question arises: Since he’s dealing with a question for which there’s no right or wrong answer, how will he decide which entry is worth $10,000?

Christing said “succinct and memorable†will be watchwords for judging entries. “Because we're listing the best of the entries each month, we'll get a sense that certain phrases and words really resonate with people,†he said. “That'll have a lot to do with the winner.â€

Besides the allure of a big-money contest, his site carries articles on personal discovery, and sells CDs and DVDs featuring experts in various fields discussing physical and mental health, spirituality and personal growth.

Christing's already struck a nerve in cyberspace: “Someone offered me $100,000 for the domain name,†he said. “I said no. I'm well aware I'm doing a business, but it's about more than making cash.

"It’s about making a difference to people who say, ‘Hey, there’s got to be more to life than losing weight and making more money.’ â€

Full Article:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11594494/

Guest Diabolique

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.

;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

I know the perfect answer! But I'm not telling anyone until I submit my answer....

Guest swirlundergrounder

Letting go of your imaginary friend. ;)

Hey..female imaginary friends are hard to let go of....J/K!!!

Guest Diabolique

lol "your" meaning anyone. "Imaginary friend" meaning g-o-d.

;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

;)

???

Guest Diabolique

;)

???

It's too much to go into online but the key to happiness is to stop fighting over who has the best imaginary friend, it's sort of a joke, but not really...

It comes from:

(On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." Yasser Arafat (PLO leader)

anyyyyways. :)

Guest swirlundergrounder

;)

???

It's too much to go into online but the key to happiness is to stop fighting over who has the best imaginary friend, it's sort of a joke, but not really...

It comes from:

(On going to war over religion) "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." Yasser Arafat (PLO leader)

anyyyyways. :)

OK i understand... When you spelled god G-O-D, I started to think it was an abreviation for something besides god...

No I totally argee with you...The more we get together, the happier we'll be!

Guest Diabolique

You guys are all going to hell, 'imaginery friend' ha ha ha....

buddha.gif

there is no heaven or hell, so I have nothing to worry about. :)