Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oscars... And the nomination for best looking female of the night go's to..

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

btw i'm glad that Crash won the best pic award.

Totally agree. And that Hustle and Flow won best music.

As far as the actresses go, I see more beautiful women walking down my street on South Beach every day than any of those people, so who cares. Most of the waitresses/hostesses at Segafredo's are better looking than any of them.

what makes me laugh is that many of you seem to think that a great actor is supposed to be beautiful. These are actors, not models...

I don't think anyone of us said (at least I didn't notice) that some of the women we mentioned were great actresses and that their great acting is attributed to their beauty.

For example a couple of people mentioned Jessica Alba in this thread but no one mentioned anything about her being a great actress...

We were just commenting on the way they looked on Oscar night. :P

Guest Diabolique

As far as the actresses go, I see more beautiful women walking down my street on South Beach every day than any of those people, so who cares. Most of the waitresses/hostesses at Segafredo's are better looking than any of them.

what makes me laugh is that many of you seem to think that a great actor is supposed to be beautiful. These are actors, not models...

I don't think anyone of us said (at least I didn't notice) that some of the women we mentioned were great actresses and that their great acting is attributed to their beauty.

For example a couple of people mentioned Jessica Alba in this thread but no one mentioned anything about her being a great actress...

and I'm just commenting on DurtyLexx's comment :-* It just that I've noticed how average looking most actors are, but have the most fantastic packaging. It's funny what they do to look good for one night. we're talking some crazy s**t! LOL

Guest durrtylexx

and I'm just commenting on DurtyLexx's comment :-* It just that I've noticed how average looking most actors are, but have the most fantastic packaging. It's funny what they do to look good for one night. we're talking some crazy s**t! LOL

??? i never stated that any of the actresses that I mentioned are bad actors.

i just stated the Hillary Swank is fugly, but she is a great actress. I cried like a baby when I saw Million Dollar Baby. She was also superb in boys dont cry.

;) :-* 8)

Guest swirlundergrounder

i just stated the Hillary Swank is fugly, but she is a great actress. I cried like a baby when I saw Million Dollar Baby. She was also superb in boys dont cry.

See I don't think Hillary Swank is ugly at all! I need a girl with a big mouth if you know what I mean...LOL!

Guest swirlundergrounder

I see. Also if an Actor/Actress has great presence it adds to their appeal. Especially if they truly love what they do. Someone once told me that there is something attractive about people who we watch doing what they love to do best.....

Guest coach

I was just following the theme of the thread, kind of. I agree that acting ability and beauty are not related.

Guest Diabolique

Umm, I never said that dude... :-* never said anyone was.. ;) I was commenting on you saying that the local servers were more beautiful than most of the ladies at the Oscars. I was stating that they (actors) had good packaging, being the team of stylists,etc, that make them look so good. Now, Charlize is def an exception...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Lets be real people. Most actors and actresses that we remember are attractive people in some way. Most actors/actresses with star power are very attractive people. True beauty is in the eye of the beholder but in Hollywood 'beauty is in the eye of the ticket-holder'...'yark-yark-yark-yark-yark (Popeye laugh)...

Most actors and actresses that we all like are both beautiful and have acting ability!

You guys are all raving about Charlize Theron. She is both a good actress and she's beautiful! Her looks add to her presence on the screen...Except in 'Monster'. But we all watched it because we were in awe of how she transformed herself into that character.

Now on the other hand Charlize Theron looked like the character she played in Monster in real life, I don't think we'd be rushing to the ticket booth to see her next flick. Would you?

Guest JMT
Except in 'Monster'. But we all watched it because we were in awe of how she transformed herself into that character.

yeah, how wonderful of her to ugly herself up so well to get into that role. it must have been so hard for someone who is normally so beautiful to look so ugly. that is acting ladies and gentleman.

Guest swirlundergrounder
Except in 'Monster'. But we all watched it because we were in awe of how she transformed herself into that character.

yeah, how wonderful of her to ugly herself up so well to get into that role. it must have been so hard for someone who is normally so beautiful to look so ugly. that is acting ladies and gentleman.

And your point is???

Guest JMT

i was being facetious. imo, its a sad state of the movie industry when that is what gets admired most. go pick some old broad out of a trailer park to play that role. the same thing goes for actors that play mentally-handicapped people. gimme a break. you wanna give someone an award, give it to that kid corky from "life goes on". thats a challenge. not this "look at me, i slummed it as an ugly person" crap, nevermind its based on a real person who looked even worse. but then again, people probably admired the quality of "black-face" acting back in the day.

just my $0.02

Guest swirlundergrounder

i was being facetious. imo, its a sad state of the movie industry when that is what gets admired most. go pick some old broad out of a trailer park to play that role. the same thing goes for actors that play mentally-handicapped people. gimme a break. you wanna give someone an award, give it to that kid corky from "life goes on". thats a challenge. not this "look at me, i slummed it as an ugly person" crap, nevermind its based on a real person who looked even worse. but then again, people probably admired the quality of "black-face" acting back in the day.

just my $0.02

You make a good point.