Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need ipod help

Guest JMT

Guest klit

pardon my ignorance, but what do i do if i get a new computer? how can i move my songs?

Do u have it on autosync or manual?

Guest JMT

pardon my ignorance, but what do i do if i get a new computer? how can i move my songs?

Do u have it on autosync or manual?

auto. i know how to move the files, thats easy. but what im concerned with is when i reinstall the software on a new computer and connect my ipod will it think i pirated the songs or something?

Guest macboy

First, if you have an itunes store account, you should deauthorize your old computer. Your account can only be used on 5 computers at any given time. It's under one of the menus, just look for it. Second, set your itunes on your new comp to manual, otherwise it will erase your ipod if you agree to sync up. If everything you have on your ipod is already in your comp, then it doesn't matter. Once you have itunes up and running, doubleclick on a purchased song and it will ask you to authorize. After that, you'll be able to move those songs to the ipod. As for any unprotected songs, such as from cds you ripped into itunes, those obviously can be transferred regardless of computer authorization. If you need more help, let me know.

Guest JMT

First, if you have an itunes store account, you should deauthorize your old computer. Your account can only be used on 5 computers at any given time. It's under one of the menus, just look for it. Second, set your itunes on your new comp to manual, otherwise it will erase your ipod if you agree to sync up. If everything you have on your ipod is already in your comp, then it doesn't matter. Once you have itunes up and running, doubleclick on a purchased song and it will ask you to authorize. After that, you'll be able to move those songs to the ipod. As for any unprotected songs, such as from cds you ripped into itunes, those obviously can be transferred regardless of computer authorization. If you need more help, let me know.

thank you.

What he said. But...for some reason some of the songs that I puchased on my old pc cant be authorized on the new pc...so im going to contact ITunes for help with that.

Guest macboy

C,

Are you and Spankmeister sharing one computer? Maybe his account is currently active on itunes. Check to see who's logged in at the itunes music store. While you're there, log in yourself and and check account information to see how many computers you have authorized for your music.

I'm not familiar yet with multiple itunes accounts on one computer so not sure if that's the problem, but it might be.