Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yawn

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest bcnjunkie

After not clubbing for almost a year I finally made it out to Mansion... my observation:

NOTHING FRESH ABOUT THE SCENE

THE MUSIC SOUNDS THE SAME

DJ'S need to go record shopping .... oh wait it doesn't matter

I still don't understand how in Europe there's always something fresh and here it's so stale.......

DULL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HouseJunkie

After not clubbing for almost a year I finally made it out to Mansion... my observation:

I still don't understand how in Europe there's always something fresh and here it's so stale.......

DULL

Its not the DJ ... its the audience.

I also noticed the same thing this pass weekend, if the DJ plays a tune that the crowd doesn't know, they just stand around with the WTF look, the DJ has no choice but to please the majority and play the familiar tunes.

Guest bcnjunkie

DULL

Its not the DJ ... its the audience.

I also noticed the same thing this pass weekend, if the DJ plays a tune that the crowd doesn't know, they just stand around with the WTF look, the DJ has no choice but to please the majority and play the familiar tunes.

I know... that's what I was trying to say when I wrote "oh wait it doesn't matter" after "DJ's need to go record shopping" meaning that it doesn't matter what DJ's play unless it's the same stale old stuff people here don't like it... Lame

At least I'm not the only one who notices these things.. oh well

Guest ramon

we all about the music man .. thursdays @ cafeteria (youareconnected.net) .. we want people to play people haven't heard before ... and if you play something i haven't heard before even better. :)

we like to push boundaries we dont care if its minimal maximal dubstep etc.

Guest bcnjunkie

wish I could go but my days of clubbing are over. It's just a shame that in a supposed international clubbing city the music sounds the same (and in many cases was the same) as a year ago

Guest bcnjunkie

Hey JMT... how's it going ? hope all's good with you... sending ya a PM

oh by the way that nigh at Mansion was honestly (music wise):

[move]ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ[/move]

hence Subject is YAWN

Its amazing how different the scene is here in NY. Every party that i go to has a different feel and vibe but the one thing that is the same is how much people enjoy it here. I mean its like old times at space. I finally hit Cielo for Derrick Mays last monday, and plan on going back tomorrow for Francois K. That place is so chill! Such an un-clubby club. We got there at like 10 min to 10 when they up the cover and saw that the door was being held. Being used to miami clubs i automatically think that its beind done on purpose just to make more money.....but lo and behold the promoter comes through and gives the people that are already in line a reduced admission ticket. We go in and there's a lady at the door, "Hi guys, have you been here before?" sooooo nice. Tells us where the coat check/bathroom is, who the DJ is etc. Just an awesome night.

Guest michael^heaven

Its amazing how different the scene is here in NY. Every party that i go to has a different feel and vibe but the one thing that is the same is how much people enjoy it here. I mean its like old times at space. I finally hit Cielo for Derrick Mays last monday, and plan on going back tomorrow for Francois K. That place is so chill! Such an un-clubby club. We got there at like 10 min to 10 when they up the cover and saw that the door was being held. Being used to miami clubs i automatically think that its beind done on purpose just to make more money.....but lo and behold the promoter comes through and gives the people that are already in line a reduced admission ticket. We go in and there's a lady at the door, "Hi guys, have you been here before?" sooooo nice. Tells us where the coat check/bathroom is, who the DJ is etc. Just an awesome night.

---I suppose Manhattan has changed quite a bit, then. All of my visits have consisted of ignorant, ate-up clubbers, ultra rude staff, outrageous door/bar prices, & marginal music at best.

Guest coach

DULL

Can anyone tell where Jorge's mistake was? Anyone?

Whatup, man? Glad you finally came out of hiding. Note that Cafeteria can't really be considered a club, so we do not accept your excuses. There are other awesome parties around, sometimes you will even find them at the megaclubs, but most often not. You know how it is, they have too large a payroll and mortgage to make to be able to take too many artistic chances.

DULL

answer=hit up blue/glass/shine

rinse, lather repeat

Guest Devilicious

DULL

Can anyone tell where Jorge's mistake was? Anyone?

Whatup, man? Glad you finally came out of hiding. Note that Cafeteria can't really be considered a club, so we do not accept your excuses. There are other awesome parties around, sometimes you will even find them at the megaclubs, but most often not. You know how it is, they have too large a payroll and mortgage to make to be able to take too many artistic chances.

Erm... I think he went to Mansion?

Your point is taken though. I feel that judging miami's music scene from a saturday night at mansion is akin to judging EDM by "Sandstorm"... it's the worst possible representation.