Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Enough F'in Electro!!!

Guest Pablo F

Guest Pablo F

Ok, So I dont usually post unless I have something to say. AND, I also dont want to come across as dissing anyones enjoyment of any type of music. But as someone who lives this I have to ask. When is this Electro fad in House gonna pass? I went to over 10 events for this years WMC and about 90% of them had some if not all electro artists.. Some artists (some of which I am a fan of) have even made the switch and feature mostly electro tracks in there sets.. The only way I got to see anyone, doing any other type of House (except for deep house) was during the daytime at smaller venues..

Again, if you like it cool. I can actually dig it for a bit... but, there is no way that anyone can tell me that all people want to hear is Electro. Some of it is good... most of it sounds like it was made by the characters from PAC MAN...

I for one am sticking to my guns. House, Prog, tribal and what the hell, maybe a little electro.. But just a little.. ;D

Good luck...

My 2 Centavos.

P

Guest swirlundergrounder

You just found out about this, this year? It was a lot worse last year during the WMC! Almost turned me off to the whole direction that, that part of EDM was going...

Guest Juniper

I'm sure WMC '99 was dominantly trance, then prog...its the nature of the genre we love; it is always changing.

Guest Marina22

Hated it!!!! I like it but most of the time it doesn't have enough energy and it ends up getting boooring. I totally agree, more of the truer house genres with a little electro is betta! For example, Steve Lawler I have seen ten times and I missed him at any parties this year. I did see him at GG for some of his set and it was good. However, I suspect alot of electro or minimal in his party sets this year. Did anyone go to Viva or Cafeteria last night?

Guest Pablo F

Hated it!!!! I like it but most of the time it doesn't have enough energy and it ends up getting boooring. I totally agree, more of the truer house genres with a little electro is betta! For example, Steve Lawler I have seen ten times and I missed him at any parties this year. I did see him at GG for some of his set and it was good. However, I suspect alot of electro or minimal in his party sets this year. Did anyone go to Viva or Cafeteria last night?

Funny you should bring up Lawler cause he was one of the ones that suprised me. I saw him at space this year and your right a lot of of Electro and yes even some minimal. Do you remember the first and second lights out? I do.. F'in classic.

Guest skywalker01

a friend who went to cafeteria said he was playing electro there as well. agreed electro is cool for about ten minutes. then it starts grating on your nerves. just all over the place, and no rhythm.

Guest Marina22

Yeah, so he was as I suspected, huh? Yes, I have all the Lights Out albums and they are great. In the last lights out there was some but not in all. Where did you see him this WMC? I just found out about Cafeteria last night and I prob. would have gone if I knew beforehand.

Guest Fez

Ok, So I dont usually post unless I have something to say. AND, I also dont want to come across as dissing anyones enjoyment of any type of music. But as someone who lives this I have to ask. When is this Electro fad in House gonna pass? I went to over 10 events for this years WMC and about 90% of them had some if not all electro artists.. Some artists (some of which I am a fan of) have even made the switch and feature mostly electro tracks in there sets.. The only way I got to see anyone, doing any other type of House (except for deep house) was during the daytime at smaller venues..

Again, if you like it cool. I can actually dig it for a bit... but, there is no way that anyone can tell me that all people want to hear is Electro. Some of it is good... most of it sounds like it was made by the characters from PAC MAN...

I for one am sticking to my guns. House, Prog, tribal and what the hell, maybe a little electro.. But just a little.. ;D

Good luck...

My 2 Centavos.

P

wow....i feel the same way about Minimal... ;)

Guest skywalker01

i saw him at space (main room and terrace). my friends saw him at cafeteria for 30 minutes before they got angry and left. speaking of angry, it appeared lawler was pissed on the space terrace when they cut his record off VERY abruptly for the next dj (i think francois k)

Guest slamminshaun

Too much of anything gets on my nerves. I love the electro sound and when dropped in the right spot, adds a flare to any set. But straight electro all day would be boooooooooooring. Same goes for tribal, prog, deep, latin....personally, I like hearing each of those genres crossed in a set.

Guest Marina22

a versatile DJ is best!

that sounds hot plz elaborate...

Come on you know what I mean, music not sex ;) But in both you must have variety otherwise you get bored, right?

Guest Pablo F

Ok kids lets not loose track of the question at hand.

I do agree that Variety is good. And like I said before I dont have a problem with some of it "dropped at the right time" (to quote someone else) But Damn!! He did Electro in the main Room and in the Patio.. Sander did the same thing. Even though I am not an "electro DJ" I wouldnt mind dropping some in But after a while it just makes me wanna Leave..

P.S. This past weekend I quit smoking and drinking. I think it was the electro......LMAO

Guest Marina22

I do agree that Variety is good. And like I said before I dont have a problem with some of it "dropped at the right time" (to quote someone else) But Damn!! He did Electro in the main Room and in the Patio.. Sander did the same thing. Even though I am not an "electro DJ" I wouldnt mind dropping some in But after a while it just makes me wanna Leave..

P.S. This past weekend I quit smoking and drinking. I think it was the electro......LMAO

Wow, how do you quit this past weekend of all weekends? Congrats and good luck too!

Guest Pablo F

Wow, how do you quit this past weekend of all weekends? Congrats and good luck too!

Not easy dude. Im so cranky and pissed off at everyone that my friends dont even want to come near me. lol But I got get myself back in shape. Im stating to look like my dad..LOL

Guest slamminshaun

Nah, it was probably the anti-smoking lobby of Cool Junkie that caused you to stop smoking.....as for the drinking? Heh...you're on your own dude, a blood alcohol level of .10 is a prerequisite to becoming a member here.

Guest juanchisimo

I like some electro, but it has to be very good electro. I think a DJ that plays the best of all the sub genres of house music it's a good DJ