Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so I just had my eyes sliced open

Guest Devilicious

Guest Diabolique

sometime in the near future I'm excited to say I wil finally get my eye fixed. I had an accident during childhood that left me (at the time) permanently blind in my right eye. I was about 3o minutes form lsing hte entire eye due to my cornea being so damaged, but fate helping me out that day, thank goodness. I could've ended up having a glass eye (read: social freak; ppl are so damn shallow I've seen it myself) Five surgeries later the doctors gave up, but I was able to execise it as it healed, to 20/200 vision. Now I can, with laser technology, finally see with both eyes.

ok Talmage, how many fingers am I holding up? ;) ;D

Guest tres-b

awesome!

congrat's :)

i'll never do it, i love wearing glasses. 8)

i'm a geek.

haha

I rock contacts every day and glasses when I am home. I wont do it b/c Im a wus and afraid to get it done. :P

Guest swirlundergrounder

Talmage, do you think it's possible that the same doctor can sew your mouth shut? Like, for good.

Call me, ok? :-*

Now she'll be able to really see who was fingering her at Shine the other weekend.. ;D

Guest Devilicious

Talmage' date=' do you think it's possible that the same doctor can sew your mouth shut? Like, for good.

[/quote']Now she'll be able to really see who was fingering her at Shine the other weekend.. ;D

lord... you people are too much. Get yer minds outta the gutter and back to reality! I don't need 20/20 vision to know there was none of that garbage happening that night or any other.

And yes, smoke was a major contributer to my problems with contacts. I'm happy to report I'll NEVER have to worry about that again!

Guest lulamishka

Talmage, do you think it's possible that the same doctor can sew your mouth shut? Like, for good.

Now she'll be able to really see who was fingering her at Shine the other weekend.. ;D

lord... you people are too much. Get yer minds outta the gutter and back to reality! I don't need 20/20 vision to know there was none of that garbage happening that night or any other.

And yes, smoke was a major contributer to my problems with contacts. I'm happy to report I'll NEVER have to worry about that again!

Yay for Tal! :)

be careful. not everybody can have that laser operation. Some people get worse.

Every single person that i have spoken to has had ZERO problems with the surgery. Dont think i have encounter one that didn't have 20/20 or better vision afterward or had any kind of complications.

Guest ramon

congrats T. I figure after a few more years in front of a computer monitor i'lll also need surgery .. its been about 10 years and i'm sure my vision has detoriated.

Guest Slide On The Ice

you guys realize that wearing glasses exclusively makes your eyes progressivly weaker over time.

Never heard of that.

Guest Marina22

you guys realize that wearing glasses exclusively makes your eyes progressivly weaker over time.

Never heard of that.

I heard it on the radio on this commercial for a product or service to train your eyes to not further rely on glasses. Don't know if it's legit but the concept made me think that maybe it was true.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Never heard of that.

I heard it on the radio on this commercial for a product or service to train your eyes to not further rely on glasses. Don't know if it's legit but the concept made me think that maybe it was true.

I wish you had more info on what you heard. I know there are methods to improve your eyesight, but I was never aware that wearing corrected glasses could make them weaker by reliance.

Guest Diabolique

Never heard of that.

I've had two eye sugeons tell me that, when I didn't like having to wear a contact to help my vision, I asked to wear glasses. The main Dr. told me that eyeglasses do the work for the eye, making it weaker over time. I choose to do neither and excersised it all the time. luckily everything turned out ok, I guess. I hardly notice it, except when I walk into someone or something I can't see. SOmetimes it happens and ppl are like "Watch where you're going!" ...

"I would if I wasn't blind in that eye!"

then they feel like an A-hole :P

Guest Devilicious

I was finally comfy enough to toss out my contacts today, after my second post-op with 20/20 vision.... then I saw this story on the news:

Bausch And Lomb Sued After Woman Loses Eye

(CBS4 News) MIAMI A South Florida woman is suing the popular eye care company, Bausch & Lomb after doctors were forced to remove her eye due to a potentially blinding eye infection allegedly caused by the company’s “Renu MoistureLoc†contact lens solution.

The plaintiff Zoe Wade, reportedly had one of the worst cases on record and the infection was so serious, her doctor was forced to remove her left eye before the infection reached her brain, according to her doctor.

full story:

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_122122704.html

Guest Slide On The Ice

I was finally comfy enough to toss out my contacts today, after my second post-op with 20/20 vision.... then I saw this story on the news:

Bausch And Lomb Sued After Woman Loses Eye

(CBS4 News) MIAMI A South Florida woman is suing the popular eye care company, Bausch & Lomb after doctors were forced to remove her eye due to a potentially blinding eye infection allegedly caused by the company’s “Renu MoistureLoc†contact lens solution.

The plaintiff Zoe Wade, reportedly had one of the worst cases on record and the infection was so serious, her doctor was forced to remove her left eye before the infection reached her brain, according to her doctor.

full story:

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_122122704.html

That is really scary.

Guest Miss_Digital

I got the most advanced laser available and it was 2500 for both eyes. I paid for it all in one shot but they offer some excellent financing options.

Bling, it's not a big deal to have bad vision. Get the surgery.

I love my glasses too Jackie, I am going to have the lenses replaced with clear... shhhh don't tell anyone! lol

hehehe i love my glasses too

they give people character and an interesting look

but if you notice on TV no one wears glasses

only if there excentric or really smart or its part of there persona