Clubplanet Nightlife Community

5-HTP I know.... AGAIN!

jonnyb

Hey guys,

Sorry to bring it up again but I see a lot of tips on 5-HTP in relation to E but i'm wondering if it could do any good for that shitty "week after" if you just did speed.

I haven't been doing it for decades but I've had enough parties to establish a pattern in the way I come down in the days following. Even though it is to a lesser degree, for me it's pretty much the same effects as E [same for most of my friends].

I'm kind of expecting that a shit load of fun like that has a price but the cheaper I pay is definitelly the better. So any good tips, old recepies or magic formulas... BRING IT ON!

Thanks lots!

5-HTP generally will counteract the negative effects of low levels of serotonin that is associated with MDxx use. speed does not act through the same serotonin mechanism, so recovery with 5-HTP will not be as effective in your case~

cwm31.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

Ok. One problem solved. Thanks man.

While we're at it and since you kinda sound like you know your stuff, can you help me understand what causes that slight depression after a "speedy" night out? If it's out of your ballpark, you might have a link to usefull info. I'm kinda curious to know how speed, though not working the same channels still creates similar effects to E.

Can it be due to some secondary substances that would be in the pills.

Anyway... allways nice to learn a bit more

thanks again man!

Speed affects dopamine primarily, a neurotransmitter linked to pleasure and reward.

5-HTP wouldnt hurt...look into GABA...L-Phenylanine, L-Carnitine...get Amino Fuel by Twin Labs...it is a nice Amino Acid combo that helps with both Serotonin and Dopamine levels. cwm15.gif

------------------

Do You??

This information is not intended to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drug(s) you are taking, check with your health care professional. This information is provided as a guide only. cwm2.gif

Originally posted by jonnyb:

While we're at it and since you kinda sound like you know your stuff, can you help me understand what causes that slight depression after a "speedy" night out? I'm kinda curious to know how speed, though not working the same channels still creates similar effects to E.

the two are more similar than most would think. although serotonin is the major ergogenic component present in "X", there are significant amounts of speed present as well; MethAmphetamine is the "MA" in MDMA, Amphetamine is the "A" in MDA. these very components which generate the excess energy, eye twitch, jaw clench, jittery fingers, & so on, are the same compounds in speed cwm4.gif . the only difference with X is that large amounts of serotonin allow these effects to be perceived as much more enjoyable than they normally would. cwm30.gif

the confusion that most have with the recovery period is making the distinction between emotional depression and physical exhaustion. post-E depression is an emotional drain which can occur from serotonin depletion cwm36.gif , and can be assisted by 5-HTP supplementation. this is separate from the physical exhaustion suffered from extended periods of high activity generated by amphetamines, which causes high levels of physical fatigue. this one is somewhat easier to deal with, through proper nutrition & good old sleep...

cwm33.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

FUCK ME!!!!!!! That's the shit!

All right man. Thanks a lot knightcraaaaaawler.

That gives me some info to chew on for a while. That's exactly the kind'a stuff I wanted to know.

[This message has been edited by jonnyb (edited 04-20-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...