Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ipod marketing...

i mean, seriously. these guys gotta get some new ideas. how long has this been the main focus of their ad campaign? since ipod came out? 5 years ago? this same damn commercial aired during the nba finals. i'm so tired of seeing a black silhouette with white headphones on, dancing. come on guys, change it up a little.

iPod-advertising.jpg

adyearend.jpg

33230342-S.jpg

ipod_ads_2.jpg

Guest web_norah

i think this is called "consistency" in the marketing and branding plan, nothing wrong with it.

i am not crazy about it either way but obviously they are trying to make a point -- and by someone even calling this "tired"

it got your attention - didnt it?

touche.

Guest xmuzik

no doubt it's on the level of " Where's The Beef " as far as marketing bandwagons are concerned.

And from a $$$$$ standpoint you can't blame apple for not messing with something that's effective & seems to be working, especially with so many companies & trends be disguarded faster than dirty underwear

Guest coach

And can I bitch about the new iBox computer ads? As far as I can tell, they are ads for any of the competition. How moronic.

As far as the iPods ads working, that has not been proven. They've had how many years without any real competitors and, while they do have decent market-share, the market still isn't that big.

i think this is called "consistency" in the marketing and branding plan, nothing wrong with it.

i am not crazy about it either way but obviously they are trying to make a point -- and by someone even calling this "tired"

touche.

touche! i am a happy owner of an ipod. that means i have the right to bitch. for example...budweiser comes up with new ad campaigns all the time, their marketing team is top of the line, in my book. heineken as well...fresh new ideas all the time. it just really caught my eye a few nights ago during the nba finals when i saw another goddamn ipod commercial that has a black silhouette wearing ipod headphones (which, everybody knows, suck ass).

fire the whole lot, start from scratch. ;D

Guest xmuzik

eventually everyone will get fired , most people have forgotten how apple for years was in a huge slump when it fired steve jobs

and yes for those that don't know , apple was such a brilliant company at 1 time they thought they would be better off without the guy that started the whole bandwagon.

this is what i figure for the future... apple will have the market pretty much cornered for the near future until someone comes out with a mp3 player / phone / camera / internet browser/video player that plays mp3's , aac, wma, avi , mpeg, ra,rm etc. with 1 gb of hardrive space that is marketed so cheap it breaks the $150 barrier and is damn near given away for free with phone services or at a huge discount

i.e phone is $150 but with a 2 year agreement you get it for $79...kinda like the current razor marketing campaign

touche.

touche! i am a happy owner of an ipod. that means i have the right to bitch. for example...budweiser comes up with new ad campaigns all the time, their marketing team is top of the line, in my book. heineken as well...fresh new ideas all the time. it just really caught my eye a few nights ago during the nba finals when i saw another goddamn ipod commercial that has a black silhouette wearing ipod headphones (which, everybody knows, suck ass).

fire the whole lot, start from scratch. ;D

Guest jona7

touche.

i love web norahs pic! :P