Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Conspiracy Theories no excuse for Dallas (Herald ARticle)

Bling

I've seen my share of sore losers over the years...but these guys take the cake!! All they know how to do is whine, complain and find any excuse in the book.....completely pathetic...They haven't given the Heat ANY credit...they don't act like champions, and they don't deserve to be champions!

F them! Go HEAT!

the mavericks and their attitude has surprised me.. they are acting like assholes.. both the players, owner and coach should show more class. esp since they are representing the NBA in the finals.

they are a disgrace and i hope the Heat hand their asses to them tonite

Guest tres-b

the mavericks and their attitude has surprised me.. they are acting like assholes.. both the players, owner and coach should show more class. esp since they are representing the NBA in the finals.

they are a disgrace and i hope the Heat hand their asses to them tonite

Agree 100%. They showed no class in the loss.

Guest macboy

Are you people kidding me? ::)

You must really not watch a lot of basketball because this happens all the time. I can remember the Heat players acting in a similar fashion during the Knick-Heat rivalry years. You guys should try getting 20 years of basketball under your belt before you start trashing the Mavs.

My personal view on this is that coaches and players always bring up this type of stuff after a game to put refs on notice for future games. Riley was a master at this during the Knick years and Van Gundy followed that tradition.

Guest tres-b

Cuban is a baby and Dirk looked like a pussy when he pushed the bike. That being said, I agree with you about coaches bringing things up to change the next game. That is accurate.

You must really not watch a lot of basketball because this happens all the time. I can remember the Heat players acting in a similar fashion during the Knick-Heat rivalry years. You guys should try getting 20 years of basketball under your belt before you start trashing the Mavs.

I do have 20 years of basketball under my belt...and I can not remember a team complaining so much, whining so much, and making excuses to the point where they consider the league "rigged". I had alot of respect for them before the Finals started...... but give me a break...they have taken it to a whole new level. Do you think the Spurs would have acted like this? Do you think the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Rockets or any other championship team would have acted like this? Having their owner run into the stands throwing F Bombs at David Stern? Granted the officiating has been bad....BOTH WAYS, and you can't so much as breathe near Dirk.....C'mon man....they are FAR from showing championship material IMO. The Maverick fans that have sat near me at the games this series have acted like they "deserve" this title, and for some reason show this swagger they shouldn't have. They are perennial losers every year....where did they get this cockiness from? Like I said before...they don't deserve it, and hopefully won't win it.

F- Them! Go HEAT!

whether he did or didnt who cares.. look at avery and his attitude in the press conference as well as cuban

0 class \

avery coach of year? wtf.. he unravels the second things go wrong

the mavs have always had a beef.. esp cuban.. his team somehow always seems to lose when in big situations..

they have been crap for so many yrs and now they have gotten a lot better obviously and things dont go his way

he cries and whines

whatever ::) ::) ::)

Guest tres-b

not for nothin, but why does a billionaire take the time to blog? He comes across as a spoiled child with too much cash when he acts this way.

Guest slamminshaun

Obviously, the owner of the Mavericks was told "everyone is a winner, there are no losers" when he was a kid, right Terry? :P

Guest drlogic

Cuban was behaving after games 1 and 2. Since then, he's been a big baby.

I do think Miami might have complained "some" if the script were flipped, but it would have stopped soon after and they would be saying they shouldn't have to depend on the refs to win games. Dallas is going overboard. They're whinning like little bitches.

I too hope Miami plays great tonight!

u know whats funny..

cuban's drama is only hurting his team.. all the negative publicity is not good..

if it wasnt for stupid ass cuban the media could focus more on the reasons why dallas has taken a shit the last 3 games..

something important and worthwhile for fans to read/listen to

not this shit

Guest LeVeL

What a dumb article by that guy in the Herald, al through the series he been writing nothing but non sense.

As far the Mavs are concerned they have been some whinny bitches but in the past there have been other teams that have been worst but the Mavs have an owner who isn't afraid to lash out and right now its not making the organization look too good.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nbafinals-review&prov=ap&type=lgns

NBA fines Nowitzki $5,000 for Game 5 postgame actions

June 19, 2006

DALLAS (AP) -- The NBA fined Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki $5,000 on Monday for kicking the ball into the stands following Game 5 of the finals.

The league called the penalty its standard fine for such an action. Detroit's Richard Hamilton and Sacramento's Bonzi Wells had to pay $5,000 after throwing balls off the court during games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Also Monday, the NBA was reviewing the actions of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban after Dallas' 101-100 overtime loss to the Miami Heat on Sunday night.

Upset over several calls that went against the Mavericks in the closing seconds, Cuban ran onto the court to vent at official Joe DeRosa, then stared down and screamed toward commissioner David Stern and a group of league officials, from the court, then the stands.

A league spokesman said Monday that NBA disciplinarian Stu Jackson wasn't at the game and hadn't reviewed what happened.

Even if any action is taken against Cuban, it may not be announced. Stern prefers to keep penalties against owners private.

Miami leads the series 3-2 going into Game 6 on Tuesday night in Dallas.