Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Car Racing A Sport?

Guest dahzel

Guest dahzel

I heard some guys on the radio today debating this. I mos def think it is even though it is not the common definition of or the drivers your typical athletes. It takes a lot of calculations and a hell of a lot of concentration to drive a car upwards of 200mph (not to mention balls). Everything from tire and fuel calculations to temperature readings and drafting play a huge part in it. These guys can lose up to 10 pounds in a race from sweating from the intense heat. A few years ago Tony Stewart did the Indy 500 and then the Coca Cola 600 (nascars longest race) in the same day. The second he stepped from the car he collapsed from heat and sheer exhaustion. 1100 miles in one day is a lot.

You can argue the same point in golf. They aren't your typical athletes but mos def compete in a sport. You can have a guy that is outta shape and couldn't even run 1/2 a mile beat the hell out of a guy in perfect shape.

It think it's funny how different everyone's opinion is on these 2 sports.

Guest pod

It probably is a sport of sorts but that doesn't stop it being mind-numbingly dull.

Next week, let's rent some F1s and I'll show you how dull it is.

300 kph when I slam you into a wall. Hope you have your will in order.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Dude is Texas Hold Em' a Sport?

I think any time you are competing with someone it is considered a sport imo..

Guest JMT

imo, if you have to use your body in any way to compete, its a sport.

sport ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)

n.

1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

2. A particular form of this activity.

3. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

4. An active pastime; recreation.

Guest dahzel

Dude is Texas Hold Em' a Sport?

I think any time you are competing with someone it is considered a sport imo..

no way is hold em a sport. the only physical activity is keeping your poker face. i see your point but not a good comparison. so darts is a sport?

Guest dahzel

Does this mean...having Sex is a sport ? ;D

oh yeah, i just saw a commercial for full contact felatio and cunnulingus on espn this fall :o

It probably is a sport of sorts but that doesn't stop it being mind-numbingly dull.

Sport of sorts? Dull? You have no idea what you're talking about.

Why do you think they call it "MOTORSPORTS"? The reason is that high gravity forces or "g" forces create a lot of abuse on your body.

Let me school you really quick. A measure of 1G in a race car is equal to your body weight pushing against you when the car is accelerating. A formula 1 car has so much downforce that it generates between 3 to 5 g's. So if you weigh 200lbs it feels like having 600-1000lbs pushed against your chest. Not to mention the effort and endurance required to steer the car and your ass being 1 inch off the ground. You feel everything. If you are not fit you won't last a second on the track .

Have you ever spoken to a funny car driver after a 4 second quarter mile run at 300 plus MPH? They are out of breath and can barely speak.

You've obviously never competed in a form of motorsports or driven a ridiculously fast car. I'll put you in an 11 second car and you'll cry like a little girl from the thrust. You would be pinned to the seat. You won't even be able to lift your head off the headrest. Boring? Please

Guest sross

Ok, I'll re-phrase for the hard of thinking; it is mind-numbingly dull to watch, rather than participate in.

Guest dahzel

You've obviously never competed in a form of motorsports or driven a ridiculously fast car. I'll put you in an 11 second car and you'll cry like a little girl from the thrust.

11 sec car is for girls...try 10.50 than we'll talk...

;D ;D