Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fast & The Furious ripped off Point Break

Guest Davenavarro10

Guest Davenavarro10

Fast and the Furious is basically Point Break but instead of Surfing, it's about drag Racing. There are so many similarities between these 2 movies it isn't funny. Paul Walker is basically playing the same role as Johnny Utah( Keanu Reeves). The only difference is that Paul Walker was an undercover cop, and Keanu reeves was an undercover FBI agent. Vin Diesel basically plays the exact same role that Patrick Swayze played in Point Break. There are a lot more similarities, but I won't bother listing them. Watch these 2 movies, and see for yourselves.

Guest james stratus

No Vin is not back. I think I thought the same thing for the first one. I also think there is line in it that reminded me of Point Break.

Guest Davenavarro10

I find it amazing that the writers and producers of Fast and The Furious were never sued by the creators of Point Break. The endings are basically even the same. In both movies the good gets the bad guy, and proceeds to let him go. There's even a scene were paul Walker orders a tuna sandwich and he sounds exactly like Keanu Reeves.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Both movies are similar also that in each one, there was another gang of hoodlums that the undercover cop/fed first thought was responcible for the robberies, and that he had a run-in with that other group. And if I remember correctly, both groups that he infiltrated had one geek member who was a computer or machinery expert, and one hot woman who was either friends with, or related to the gang leader, and one hostile member who instantly disliked the undercover guy and the cop had to earn his trust/respect.

And...there was also a film with Wesley Snipes that was almost another Point Break clone, where he had to join a band of skydivers to find out who was behind the robberies. And it too had a hostile gang first suspected by the cop, and a computer geek, and a hot girl, and a hostile guy who the cop had to earn the respect of. Same format, different players.

Its just a classic theme guys. Doesn't mean it was copied. As for the characters, thats just a typical variety to keep a certain ratio of people interested. I think you're reading into it too much. I happen to like the first F&TF. The rest suck balls. Sweaty donkey balls. Plus the score was pretty dope, done by BT. The second was ghettofied and the cars sucked too.

Whatever, the movie was made to be entertainment and fluff. Thats pretty much all it was.