Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's The Point?

Guest coach

Guest Adam Singer

here's another:

"See, I'm a dreamer, man. And when I was a cook I'd always work with people who weren't dreamers. Like, I was cooking at this restaurant and I put a hot dog on the grill and my kitchen manager came over, and he said, "Mitch, put the hot dog up here, in the right hand corner of the grill, so in case you get a whole bunch of orders at once you have all this space available." See, that's how I knew he wasn't a dreamer, 'cause the day I give up my dreams is the day I have strategic grill locations. A dreamer has a philosophy: the entire grill is hot. "

one of my favorite comics, shame he passed on...

here's another:

"See, I'm a dreamer, man. And when I was a cook I'd always work with people who weren't dreamers. Like, I was cooking at this restaurant and I put a hot dog on the grill and my kitchen manager came over, and he said, "Mitch, put the hot dog up here, in the right hand corner of the grill, so in case you get a whole bunch of orders at once you have all this space available." See, that's how I knew he wasn't a dreamer, 'cause the day I give up my dreams is the day I have strategic grill locations. A dreamer has a philosophy: the entire grill is hot. "

ahh mitch hedburg!!! dude i totally knew who you were talking about....that guy was so unique. like most geniuses, died way too early. :'(

Guest Adam Singer

here's another:

ahh mitch hedburg!!! dude i totally knew who you were talking about....that guy was so unique. like most geniuses, died way too early. :'(

DING!

mitch was brilliant, here is a full page of quotes from him - he would be happy that we are still enjoying his perspectives...

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mitch_Hedburg

by the way - that's the meaning of life, to change other peoples lives for the better (just like mitch did) - and he's still doing it...leaving a legacy is important, and it doesnt have to be offspring...

Guest Slide On The Ice

Okay - okay on the mundane level the point seems to be just as Adam pointed out in the illustration, but do we all actually believe within a shadow of a doubt that theory or any other for that matter 100% whole heartedly – some may protest they do but I believe no man/woman is without doubts...my point being is that whatever the point of life exactly is we have probably perverted it over the years and misconstrued it through religions ...not that I am not religious...I just think a lot has been lost in translation...anyways...back to my point again...even though we may think we are such an advanced race so on and so forth (evolution dictates this - blah blah blah) its just inconceivable that are limited minds can grasp the actual meaning of life and further more the entity that gave us our lives and created everything around us...in the great span of the universe we don't even equate to a fly on the wall. I believe in positive and negatives…lets call them energies and cause and effect…the question of where do we go after we die…is there heaven and hell…some people believe when you die you live on in the last thought that passes your mind (i.e. find a happy place) – I’m not too opposed to that thinking but also I’m interested in a lot of other “theoriesâ€â€¦either way I always keep asking one question...and a question that really has no definite answer that I can see in this life (why?)…and if there is an afterlife...maybe I won't even know then...maybe that’s just another dimension, reality or possibility in a long line of life equations...I just find it hard to believe that its all for nothing...that everything out there and here means nothing and we are just essentially born to die....I mean just look at the things that are out there...quasars and supernovas - black holes...do we really believe just somewhere these things just said hey lets pop up and just "BE" where did they come from...you can scientifically try to explain but never actually define down to the origin of it all....its just way beyond our minds eye...so I take a part of religion (faith) and believe that there is a purpose grander than we can consciously acknowledge.

That's very deep, and I'm reading it over a few more times to get a full grasp of it.

Guest Slide On The Ice

I was in downtown Boise, Idaho, and I saw a duck, and I knew the duck was lost, 'cause ducks ain't s'posed to be downtown. There's nothin' for 'em there. So I went to a Subway sandwich shop, I said, "Let me have a bun." But she wouldn't sell me just the bun, she said that I had to have something on it. She told me it's against regulations for Subway to sell just the bun. I guess the two halves ain't supposed to touch. So I said, "Alright, well, put some lettuce on it," which she did. She said, "That'll be $1.75." I said, "It's for a duck." And they said, "All right, well, then it's free." See, I did not know that. Ducks eat for free at Subway! Had I known that, I would have ordered a much larger sandwich. "Let me have the Steak Fajita Sub - but don't bother ringing it up, it's for a duck! There are six ducks out there, and they all want Sun Chips!"

Dayum dude, thats even deeper. ???

I want to climb a mountain — not so I can get to the top — cause I want to hang out at base camp. That scene's fucking fun as shit. You sleep in a colorful tent, you grow a beard, you drink hot chocolate, you walk around... "Hey, you going to the top?" — "Soon."

Guest slamminshaun

ahhh a great philosopical question. i shall answer this with a lengthy reply tonite

Jesus man, are you still typing this reply????

Guest coach

ahhh a great philosopical question. i shall answer this with a lengthy reply tonite

Jesus man' date=' are you still typing this reply????

[/quote']LOL. But don't you know he's Jewish? That expletive doesn't have any meaning for him. You should have said something like, "MOSES man, are you still typing this reply????" (Dayum, I'm funny on a Monday morning.)