Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Forbes Most Expensive Homes in the US 2006 - South -

#1 (1/2)

$125 million

Palm Beach, Fla.

This French Regency-style estate includes 475 feet of oceanfront, an 18-bedroom mansion, 100-foot-long swimming pool and eight-car garage. Owned by the million dollar man himself, Donald Trump, the estate is listed with Dolly Lenz and Geoff Thomas at Prudential Douglas Elliman.

The only thing more astonishing than the estate’s 20-plus bathrooms is its $125 million price tag. That is not only the highest ever asking price for a private residence in the United States, but also more than triple what Trump paid for the home in 2004

1_0612home.jpg

2_0612home.jpg

$45 million

Palm Beach, Fla. (1/2)

Two doors down from the most expensive home in the U.S., this eight-bedroom Mediterranean estate, which is near completion, offers magnificent ocean views and more than 24,000 square feet of space. It is listed with Jim McCann at The Corcoran Group.

3_0612home.jpg

$35 million

Denton, Texas

This 48,000-square-foot French chateau, dubbed Champ d’Or (French for "field of gold"), is owned by Alan Goldfield, founder and former chief executive of cell phone wholesaler CellStar, and his wife, Shirley. The property comes with two elevators, a bowling alley, racquetball courts, a pool, a tennis court and a ten-car garage. It was once listed at $45 million, earning it a spot on our lists of the Most Expensive Homes in America in 2003 and 2004. The 54-acre estate now carries a $35 million price tag--and still has lots to offer. Doris Jacobs at Allie Beth Allman & Associates has the listing.

5_0612home.jpg

$34.95 million

Manalapan Beach, Fla.

This Venetian-inspired compound lies within Manalapan's highly exclusive estate section, stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to the Intracoastal Waterway. In addition to the eight bedrooms and 11 full bathrooms, the residence features a guest house, an elevator and several loggias. Outside, the two-plus acres of grounds include some 225 feet of beachfront and waterway dockage, a tennis court and putting green. It is listed with Pascal Liguori at Premier Estate Properties.

6_0612home.jpg

$29.95 million

Palm Beach, Fla.

This gated waterfront estate, which boasts six bedrooms, rests on the highest point in Palm Beach. In addition to the views, the Regency-style home features a theater, ballroom, wine cellar, pizza parlor and ten-car garage. Visitors can arrive via the deep-water dock. For more information, contact Pamela Hoffpauer at Martha A. Gottfried.

7_0612home.jpg

$28.95 million

Manalapan Beach, Fla.

This home rests on two acres of land in one of Florida’s most exclusive spots. Spanning from the Atlantic Ocean to the Intracoastal Waterway, the Manalapan mansion features eight bedrooms as well as a library, exercise room and gourmet kitchen. It also includes a pool, tennis court, lakefront dock and 13-car garage. Robert Wyner at Barclays International Realty has the listing.

8_0612home.jpg

$28 million

Indian Creek, Fla.

The posh pad of Latin music star Julio Iglesias lands on our rarified list for its third consecutive year. The exotic eight-bedroom home, situated on private Indian Creek Island, features floor-to-ceiling windows, a wet bar and two wine cellars. The property also includes a keystone patio, pool, dock and 400 feet of waterfront. It is listed with Jill Eber and Jill Hertzberg at Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate.

9_0612home.jpg

#8. (tie)

$25 million

Belleair, Fla.

If you think you’ve seen this French-style mansion before, you probably have. It is home to professional wrestler Terry "Hulk" Hogan and the setting of his popular VH1 reality show, Hogan Knows Best. The 1.5-acre gated estate overlooks the Gulf of Mexico and Intracoastal Waterway and offers 17,000 square feet of living space. The property includes a guesthouse, boathouses and a significant floating dock. It is listed with Marcia Ellis at Coldwell Banker Previews International.

11_0612home.jpg

$24.9 million (1/2)

Naples, Fla.

The price is hard to ignore–as is the Bermuda pink facade. Situated on nearly 1.9 acres of Naples beachfront, this estate offers a five-bedroom main home as well as two detached guesthouses. It is listed with Guy Brooks at Premier Properties.

14_0612home.jpg

Guest dahzel

saw on the news last week that a sheik is selling his estate in colorado w/ A LOT of land and guest houses for $135m, which would be #1. the list is not surprising expect for the one in denton, tx. i used to live there and am surprised at the house.

saw on the news last week that a sheik is selling his estate in colorado w/ A LOT of land and guest houses for $135m, which would be #1. the list is not surprising expect for the one in denton, tx. i used to live there and am surprised at the house.

The above listing is for the southern states, so CO wouldn't be in the group.

Guest dahzel

The above listing in for the southern states, so CO wouldn't be in the group.

oh. i imagine the top few are up there anyway. if the one in co. would be #1 than at least #1 on your list is up there.

oh. i imagine the top few are up there anyway. if the one in co. would be #1 than at least #1 on your list is up there.

no doubt

these houses r too basic for me, i need something a bit more luxurious...

naked models walking pet cheetahs on a leash should be included in this deal in my opinion.

Guest dahzel

no doubt

these houses r too basic for me, i need something a bit more luxurious...

no where near enough land. the one in texas is actually the most appealing because of the land (54acres). i could never spend that kind of money on a house w/out land.

Guest pod

Well if you make the mistake of having and raising 18 spolied kids' date=' by the time they're all out of college you're gonna have to move from Palm Beach Estates, FL to Carol city, FL.

[/quote']

Oddly enough the people who own the 18 room estate probably have 1 or 2 kids max.

I could get really offensive right now, but I won't.

Well if you make the mistake of having and raising 18 spolied kids, by the time they're all out of college you're gonna have to move from Palm Beach Estates, FL to Carol city, FL.

Oddly enough the people who own the 18 room estate probably have 1 or 2 kids max.

;)

Well if you make the mistake of having and raising 18 spolied kids, by the time they're all out of college you're gonna have to move from Palm Beach Estates, FL to Carol city, FL.

Bingo. And more than likely go to a boarding school in france and are never home. At 17 they have penthouses in NY or LA.

I used to work on palm beach, that place is ridiculous. Honestly id rather live on manalapan if i was given the choice. Best of both worlds, you have the beach in your backyard and deep water dockage for your 75' yacht in your front yard.