Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ZINC BAR - ORLANDO - Oscar G 7.27 - James Zabiela 9.14

Guest skywalker01

Guest somefiercehouse

Thank God for Zinc Bar man.....Cedric, Ivanno, Rivera, OG, ZABIELA....they are the ONLY place in Orlando that knows what's going on. Other places (and I'm not pointing fingers) go on and on how they bring the "True South Beach Experience" to Orlando.....and when you go to the party, the only thing even SLIGHTLY resembling Miami is fake boobs on every chick in there.

I'm curious to see what this new venue "Destiny" has to offer, touting themselves as rivaling Crobar NY and Space Miami (see add in recent Orlando Weekly).....should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

Guest skywalker01

Thank God for Zinc Bar man.....Cedric, Ivanno, Rivera, OG, ZABIELA....they are the ONLY place in Orlando that knows what's going on. Other places (and I'm not pointing fingers) go on and on how they bring the "True South Beach Experience" to Orlando.....and when you go to the party, the only thing even SLIGHTLY resembling Miami is fake boobs on every chick in there.

I'm curious to see what this new venue "Destiny" has to offer, touting themselves as rivaling Crobar NY and Space Miami (see add in recent Orlando Weekly).....should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

icon used to bring in tremendous talent on a regular basis but they've gone downhill. i don't like the venue at all, but house of blues occasionally brings some big names in. when is destiny scheduled to open up and where is it located?

Guest somefiercehouse

icon used to bring in tremendous talent on a regular basis but they've gone downhill. i don't like the venue at all, but house of blues occasionally brings some big names in. when is destiny scheduled to open up and where is it located?

yeah icon was good up until like 3 years ago. i don't know what happened, it's all owned by the same guy. icon went hip hop and went downhill. apparently they may start something up again though. keeping my fingers crossed.

I can't stand HOB for DJs. Everyone stands and stares at the stage pumping their fist while the bouncers stand on each side of the "dance floor" looking like ugly bear go-go dancers. and the crown is lame....except for you, i'm sure you're lovely. I prefer Zinc over HOB anyday...sure it's small and everyone thinks they are hot shit...but at least the talent is good. Suite B, Crooked Bayou, and Peacock Room have also been treatin the city right.

destiny is supposed to open either the night of or right after the RITM show. It's going to be out in the attractions area, closer to Universal I believe. There really hasn't been much hype about it.

ah otown...ex winter park resident here

used to live very close to peacock on 17/92 as well, i missed that tiny chinese town w/ all the good viet restaurants

peacock's dj room is a joke imo...the size of my kitchen...the lounge area is chill

out of all the places in downtown, i still think zinc was the shiznit, good looking people, good music, nice trendy bar/club/lounge whatever u wanna call it...i rather go a place like that any day than to a room filled w/ dudes that just got out of TV & Film class...seriously, u know what im talking about.

Icon, is not a bad place if they brought dj's out there every once in a while, not a fan of the low ceiling in the second floor tho.

is sky60 still around?

Guest myles hie

OG this thursday

JZ on thursday 9.14 - no other florida date booked (to date)

Total event info and flyer soon!

jztokyo.jpg

Guest somefiercehouse

ah otown...ex winter park resident here

used to live very close to peacock on 17/92 as well, i missed that tiny chinese town w/ all the good viet restaurants

peacock's dj room is a joke imo...the size of my kitchen...the lounge area is chill

out of all the places in downtown, i still think zinc was the shiznit, good looking people, good music, nice trendy bar/club/lounge whatever u wanna call it...i rather go a place like that any day than to a room filled w/ dudes that just got out of TV & Film class...seriously, u know what im talking about.

Icon, is not a bad place if they brought dj's out there every once in a while, not a fan of the low ceiling in the second floor tho.

is sky60 still around?

yeah, peacock definitly needs some help in the room set up department. they have changed it a little i believe, so it's got more of a dancefloor...but it could definitly be bigger and have better sound. I'm just sayin when QBAM spins there, it's always a treat....as it is when he spins nearly anywhere.

sky60 is still there, and that is another favorite venue of mine. Never too crowded though, kinda sad. The music is alright...lots of soulful, deep house...i like it a little more dark n dirty. But it's a beautiful place, wish they would do day parties there!

and yes...the full sail boys are all over this place. but in my opinion, they are SLIGHTLY better than the lame blue martini crowd that think they are hot shit because they make more than $30k a year.

Guest LeVeL

It would be nice if Zabiela would come back to Miami, its been almost a year since he played a gig down here alone outside of conference.

Guest Adam Singer

OG this thursday

jztokyo.jpg

myles on cj? noice ;D

sick picture by the way - zabs has got so much gear in front of him he looks like he's piloting a space ship!

Guest Mattivi

i used to live in o-town too, for like five years. its a cool place to live if your in college, but it gets mundane after that. the edm scene has been dying a slow death up there since the late 90's. zinc bar was always one of my fave spots to hit up, not too big, but always a chic crowd with decent tunes. i miss pizza planet tho, i still think it blows gino's out of the water, and the absurd amount of sabrett vendors was always money too. and the chicks were easier to tag also. damn it almost sounds like i miss the place!!

Guest ramon

It would be nice if Zabiela would come back to Miami' date=' its been almost a year since he played a gig down here alone outside of conference.

[/quote']

i agree but ill go see him whenenver i can.

Guest Adam Singer

i used to live in o-town too, for like five years. its a cool place to live if your in college, but it gets mundane after that. the edm scene has been dying a slow death up there since the late 90's. zinc bar was always one of my fave spots to hit up, not too big, but always a chic crowd with decent tunes. i miss pizza planet tho, i still think it blows gino's out of the water, and the absurd amount of sabrett vendors was always money too. and the chicks were easier to tag also. damn it almost sounds like i miss the place!!

the chicks in north florida (orlando AND gainesville) are always easy to tag because that's all there is to do up there...

tagging chicks & writing music is what college was all about ;D

Guest Philip

the chicks in north florida (orlando AND gainesville) are always easy to tag because that's all there is to do up there...

uuuuu chicks are much looser here. snotty UF girls easier than Miami girls? lived in north Florida most of my life. no way.

Guest slamminshaun

It's the only reason I used to go up there....shootin' ducks in a barrel, no shit.

Guest LeVeL

It doesn't matter where you live...its all about your game, your looks, your swagger, your style.

People who have difficulty scoring chicks in Miami need to go back in Training.

Guest Adam Singer

uuuuu chicks are much looser here. snotty UF girls easier than Miami girls? lived in north Florida most of my life. no way.

you gotta be joking - uf girls are easier than ENC1101!

Guest myles hie

OG this thursday

jztokyo.jpg

myles on cj? noice ;D

sick picture by the way - zabs has got so much gear in front of him he looks like he's piloting a space ship!

What up Adam! I am actually moving back to SoFl in about 3 weeks, so i was checking out the Cool Junkie to see what was happening.

The pic is of him at "The Womb" in Tokyo. Its on his MySpace pics section. Dope...as...hell.

Orlando is tons of fun, good people, something to do everynight of the week EDM wise downtown. There is huge deep/quirky/west coast house music scene here. There a half dozen labels putting out music and being recognized on a national level, its music of choice for a buch of clubs. It's really neat to watch this thing poppin. Whodathunkit huh? From breaks to deep house. Whatever the style it still has Orlando as a viable part of the dance music culture.

Anyway, the JZ show at Zinc will be dope! His first time in Orlando i think? This guy is beyond next level stuff..would defnitly recommend checking him out if you can.

Guest somefiercehouse

Great night last night!!! The place was PAAA--AAACKED!! Damn hot too!!

Part of me had to wonder -- if all the people that were only there because Zinc Bar is where they go on Thrusdays, or they're drunk and this place looks fancy or whatever--if they all left....how many people would really be there...for the music...for Oscar? If they did leave, then there would that much for room for the people who really do care about the music and the quality nastyness that Oscar was throwin down to dance. I guess that goes for any club though reguardless of where you are. Other than that and the fact that the sound SUCKED...at one point the music stopped completely, don't know what happened....those were the only negative things about the night....and most of that was to be expected.

Over all though it was a really fun time. Oscar went on at 12:30ish. Tracks of the night I remember....Fired Up played over Erotic Discourse. Diskoteka-MURK mix (i'm assuming). A song that I love but don't know the name to with a guy goin....ba-da-baba-baba-baba--babadada. Gypsy Woman. .....I guess that's all I can remember right now. It's early still, I can't expect too much from myself before noon.

The opening DJ, Carlos Mendoza I was quite impressed with too btw. He built it up a little too much before Oscar, but I think he's one of Orlando's better residents.

Guest djcarlosf

you gotta be joking - uf girls are easier than ENC1101!

LOLLLLL!!!! ENC1101....

give them a drink and anything goes