Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where do you picture your self in 10 years??

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest Slide On The Ice

In ten years, where do I see myself?

Married with a couple of rug rats, and my 9 book sci-fi series, and a few more of my unfinished novels, published. Though over 10 years ago I'd expected to be there already, so I'm pretty far behind. ::)

Guest Devilicious

Predicting the future is fun from a technical point of view. Even there, being way off is a fact of life...i.e. where are my flying cars and Mars bases?

However, from a personal perspective, the best you can do realistically is maybe a month in advance.

exactly(on the 2nd point). and i think that realizing this fact will make your life better. i get excited about the unpredictability of life.

agreed! That is what makes it interesting. That said, I think it's fun to ponder the future, and helpful to consider the possibilities. Personally I don't plan to be in Miami ten years from now; I plan on being much closer to my family. I also have a loose business plan that I hope to have began substantial work towards. But you never know!

Guest teabag

Healthy and enjoying life here in Miami....love it here. Stepping in the career ladder........ in 10 years I will be 39....trophy wife time hell yeah!!!

Guest dahzel

i would like to think that you could have a plan and stick to it and accomplish your original goals and this does work for some ppl. one thing i've learned is that you never know what is going to happen, who your going to meet, and how much you will change as an individual. one of the main things though is who you're going to meet. unfortunately in most career placement situations and growth it all about who you know. for example, i'm in an industry where i could meet some very influential ppl all the time and i have no idea what to even think when i think about the future. there are so many variables in life that planning long-term is pointless for most ppl. part of me finds the unknown a little disstressing but the most part of finds it exciting and feeling lucky to have so many possible options.

Guest coach

Plans are great. They give you something to do until something happens. But, the one thing to understand is that they *never* work out. Sure, one might still get to a similar end that they originally were working towards, but it was not by the path they envisioned.

So, the question is phrased correctly. "Where do you picture yourself in 10 years?" It is a good question because it makes you think about what you want to spend your time doing *now*. But nobody should be under the delusion that where they picture themselves nor how they pictured themselves getting there is really what is going to come to pass.