Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bling

UGHHHHHHHHHH lost my Bank card.

24 hrs after i last used by card.... as i was heading to IIO find out i lost my bank card. bank is closed cant even order a new one or find out if something has been charged on it till monday. though i called to cancel it. :( think i left it at a bar i had a tab in a bar at dolphin mall. ugh im pissed

if it was charged how do u dispute crap like this..... i def know what i used it for last and what the amount was.

Guest HouseJunkie

A friend of mine left his credit card at Burdines in Broward Mall a couple of years ago and someone found his card and went on a shopping spree and 'maxed' the card out. Now if that wasn't bad enough, the perpetrator called the Credit Card Company and increased the credit limit on the card then proceed on another shopping spree.

The good news for you is that with a Bank Card once you spend all the money in the account that’s it, you can’t call the bank and ask for a credit increase.

The bad news is that unlike a credit card, the bank will not repay you for money you did not spend from your Bank Card.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Guest pod

Some banks have fraud prevention measures. Mine was compromised a few months ago, and my bank called me within minutes of a suspicious purchase. What happened was that I usually call in food orders, and the most likely scenario was that they wrote my number down instead of putting it direct into the machine, since the bank traced the purchases to a restaurant I used to frequent.

Guest slamminshaun

Bling, as long as you report the missing card, you are only responsible for the first $50.00 stolen from you. The rest is reimbursed to you by the bank per Reg E. Ask for your bank manager if you find out money has been stolen, never deal with the grunts on something like this. Banks usually require you fill out a police report if it's determined that money has indeed been withdrawn, but getting the money back should be fairly easy.

Bling' date=' as long as you report the missing card, you are only responsible for the first $50.00 stolen from you. The rest is reimbursed to you by the bank per Reg E. Ask for your bank manager if you find out money has been stolen, never deal with the grunts on something like this. Banks usually require you fill out a police report if it's determined that money has indeed been withdrawn, but getting the money back should be fairly easy.

[/quote']

ahh thanks. waiting for bank to open up .. :P

SO FAR SO GOOD NO WEIRD TRANSACTIONS. BUT THE BANK TOLD ME STILL TOO EARLY ANY TRANSACTIONS BTW FRI-SAT MOST LIKELY HITS TONITE SO ILL KNOW FOR SURE TOMOROOW.

IF SO I HAVE TO FILL OUT AN AFFIDAVIT SO I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK :-\

Guest pod

I'd say you should be fine if you left it at a retail location. Most people are smart enough to realize that it isn't worth the risk to use someone's left-behind card.