Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"THIS IS NOT MIAMI!"

Guest ILLMATIC

Guest meta

Congrats guys.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Guest rhythmdoc

Umm it's for the Zinc Bar in Borelando.

so so true...orlando is so boring!! it's only good for the theme parks. besides that....nothing!

Guest somefiercehouse

haven't been to o-town in a while...what is the flavor of choice musically up there these days?

well orlando is still very much a fake, wanna-be city. most of the larger clubs cater to the hip hop crowd. zinc bar has been bringing in some great names though, obviously.....rooster and peralta will be there later in september, zabiela will be in a few weeks, and there residents are pretty good too....the place is just SO small and the sound his horrific!

Crooked Bayou brings in more of the deep house djs...tripwire will be there Friday, but it's also small and more of a lounge/bar/restaruant than a club.

musically speaking, we're doing a lot better than we have in a long time....it seems like a lot of dj's are making a stop in orlando before continuing on down to you guys....too bad the larger clubs don't see this though :(

Guest meta

Umm it's for the Zinc Bar in Borelando.

so so true...orlando is so boring!! it's only good for the theme parks. besides that....nothing!

Yeah i know they close everything at 2. Thats when we are all just getting started..

Guest myles hie

shhhhheeeeeeeessshhhhhhh!

Why so much hate for Orlando?

Ok i read Orlando is...

"Fake" compared to what, how so?

"Wanna-be" how so?

"Boring" how so?

National and international talent in every genre on every level play Orlando every month. Hip Hop has peaked and most of the large rooms in town are playing different music during at least 1 night during weekends. 3-4 New clubs are opening this fall in and around Orlando, 1 of them will be on the same level ( capacity and design) as Crobar/Space/1015 etc..

Are you saying it sucks because its not like Miami? Well guess what not many places are, but for what it is Orlando has one of the most deepest, coolest and richest histories in EDM that its almost infectious when exposed to it. Dance music is almost in the blood of everyone and even if they don't go out much anymore they still support and love the music. Orlando was one of the first places to do the "rave" so of course its going to be one of the first places to "burn out", but that just puts it at a position to be 1st in line again for the next time.

Guest pod

What I think most people are getting at is that down here, we're used to a much more liberal clubgoing environment. Someone up above said that when you guys in Orlando are going to bed, most people in Miami's scene are just getting into the swing of their evening.

Most of us on this forum are aware of the "history" of Orlando's scene and so forth, but at the same time, some are stating that 99 percent of the time, the trip up, just to see a DJ, really isn't worth it, especially when you factor in fun stuff like gas prices. Orlando is definitely a "niche" market for nightlife. You don't see Mixmag declaring the city as a must-see. It isn't "hating" when it's the truth.

I'd check out a club up there, but only if I had another pressing reason to be in the city to begin with. In other words, it has to be cost-effective.

Guest somefiercehouse

that all may be well and true. i'm sure much of my dislike for the city comes from just being tiered of it...i've been here far too long...and do plan on moving.

but i still think it's fake....club paris?! c'mon!

paying $20 to get into VIP...PUHLEESE!

closing at 3, that's the thing that killed the scene here to begin with.

most people you see out are just $25,000 millionaires, and 20 somethings living off of mommy and daddy or discovering the fabulous land of credit.

it's too family driven.

it's too close minded

it has no sense of style or culture

i could go on and on....but you don't have to agree, it's just my opinion, as an orlando resident for 20 something years.

i know there are some new clubs opening and i am excited to see what they bring. like i said, they are getting better with the help of zinc bar, etc. i'm not going to compare the new clubs that open to space or crobar because thats just silly. but i definitly give props to those people that ARE trying to make this city into something more. downtown is growing and i have no doubt that in 10 years or so this place will be amazing. it is a beautiful, clean, city and the people for the most part are nice....full of themselves, but nice just the same.

and just because orlando was home to firestone and raves doesn't make it a great place for EDM. i HOPE your logic is true, that it will be 1st in line to bring back the "rave" culture. but with all the families, staying open until the weeeeee hours of the morning is not going to happen. no time soon anyways.

like i said, just my opinion....if you can show me things to be excited and happy about here then great, but i say the things i say because i'm over the place, like a lot of people would after living in the same place for so long.

Guest pod

SFH's opinion is definitely on the mark. Like any place, it's a matter of perspective. To people down here, Orlando's "tame". If you're running a night up there, or you're really into whatever niche works up in their club scene, it's heaven on earth.

haven't been to o-town in a while...what is the flavor of choice musically up there these days?

Any song by REM from 10 years ago will make the girls scream "omg!!!" to their college sorority drunk friends...(Chillers on Church St on Wed Nights has $1 Dollar Coronas, that was kinda cool, alot of drunk white girls that never went clubbing b4, but the music was blah.)

unless u go to zinc, you'll probably hear decent house.

shhhhheeeeeeeessshhhhhhh!

Why so much hate for Orlando?

Ok i read Orlando is...

"Fake" compared to what, how so?

"Wanna-be" how so?

"Boring" how so?

National and international talent in every genre on every level play Orlando every month. Hip Hop has peaked and most of the large rooms in town are playing different music during at least 1 night during weekends. 3-4 New clubs are opening this fall in and around Orlando, 1 of them will be on the same level ( capacity and design) as Crobar/Space/1015 etc..

Are you saying it sucks because its not like Miami? Well guess what not many places are, but for what it is Orlando has one of the most deepest, coolest and richest histories in EDM that its almost infectious when exposed to it. Dance music is almost in the blood of everyone and even if they don't go out much anymore they still support and love the music. Orlando was one of the first places to do the "rave" so of course its going to be one of the first places to "burn out", but that just puts it at a position to be 1st in line again for the next time.

you must be a member of sceneorlando....

Guest myles hie

What I think most people are getting at is that down here, we're used to a much more liberal clubgoing environment. Someone up above said that when you guys in Orlando are going to bed, most people in Miami's scene are just getting into the swing of their evening.

Most of us on this forum are aware of the "history" of Orlando's scene and so forth, but at the same time, some are stating that 99 percent of the time, the trip up, just to see a DJ, really isn't worth it, especially when you factor in fun stuff like gas prices.

I was with ya so far, but because gas is high priced Orlando sucks? Buying gas to travel anywhere sucks right now. So i gotta say invalid reason. sorry.

Orlando is definitely a "niche" market for nightlife. You don't see Mixmag declaring the city as a must-see. It isn't "hating" when it's the truth.

Niche how? Crazy talent from House, Drum and Breaks play there every month, whats so niche about upfront music?

I'd check out a club up there, but only if I had another pressing reason to be in the city to begin with. In other words, it has to be cost-effective.

Fair enough.

Thanks for answering my question. ;D

Guest myles hie

that all may be well and true. i'm sure much of my dislike for the city comes from just being tiered of it...i've been here far too long...and do plan on moving.

Fair enough.

but i still think it's fake....club paris?! c'mon!

really? She is almost an icon and the club leased her name for awhile. The club wuill remain be named something else. Sooo....moving on i guess..

paying $20 to get into VIP...PUHLEESE!!

Are wanting to pay more or less? I'm confused..

closing at 3, that's the thing that killed the scene here to begin with

Point taken.

most people you see out are just $25,000 millionaires, and 20 somethings living off of mommy and daddy or discovering the fabulous land of credit.

not sure if thats a bad or good thing. Maybe you mean that personally don't care for that. I'll give you a half point on that one.

it's too family driven.

it's too close minded

Family driven= suburbs? Opportunity for middle income to grow? Cheaper cost of living? Growing job market? Suburbs? I heart the old suburbs, nice and quiet.

On the other hand it has some of that "old style south" flavor to it so maybe thats where you think family driven , and closed minded.

Imma giva ya another half point on that.

I don't know man

it has no sense of style or culture

The culture is being created now. Things are changing and growing out of the dead rave horse, really cool stuff man. Art, music, etc from Orlando will be making noise again soon. imo

i could go on and on....but you don't have to agree, it's just my opinion, as an orlando resident for 20 something years. i know there are some new clubs opening and i am excited to see what they bring. like i said, they are getting better with the help of zinc bar, etc.

For someone that has lived ther that long you are either really into it, or really over it. S ound like you are the latter, fair enough. point taken.

i'm not going to compare the new clubs that open to space or crobar because thats just silly.

I'll bet ya a fiver on that. ;D

but i definitly give props to those people that ARE trying to make this city into something more. downtown is growing and i have no doubt that in 10 years or so this place will be amazing. it is a beautiful, clean, city and the people for the most part are nice....full of themselves, but nice just the same.

I say 5-7 but thats splitting hairs. See you do think Orlando doesn't suck that last 4-5 comments were good!

and just because orlando was home to firestone and raves doesn't make it a great place for EDM. i HOPE your logic is true, that it will be 1st in line to bring back the "rave" culture. but with all the families, staying open until the weeeeee hours of the morning is not going to happen. no time soon anyways.

Dude, waaaay before Firestone Orlando was THE spot, one of teh fisrt places in America that did the "rave thing". You can trace the roots back to like 88-89 in Orlando. You should know there so long. I don't think it will become raved out again, i do believe that it has spawned a second generation of talent that be just as big if not bigger and maybe again forge new grounds in the EDM revolution, musically and business wise.

like i said, just my opinion....if you can show me things to be excited and happy about here then great, but i say the things i say because i'm over the place, like a lot of people would after living in the same place for so long.

Most definitly. Point taken.

Thanks for responding to my questions. ;D

Guest myles hie

Any song by REM from 10 years ago will make the girls scream "omg!!!" to their college sorority drunk friends...(Chillers on Church St on Wed Nights has $1 Dollar Coronas, that was kinda cool, alot of drunk white girls that never went clubbing b4, but the music was blah.)

unless u go to zinc, you'll probably hear decent house.

Well dude, if you hang out with cheezy people at cheezy bars you are going to have a cheezy experiance. But thats your fault, right?

Right now the big sound in Orlando is deep, funky jazzy, organic loungy house, with a sprinkle of electro/tech house.

half dozen labels run by guys that are touring nationally, shows (sometime multiple night or weekend headliners) all the time. Its really cool to see. But just like anything a market gets saturated and i see that happening to the house scene soon. Too much going on to sustain it almost. But for now its very big and viable in Orlando