Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"THIS IS NOT MIAMI!"

Guest ILLMATIC

Guest myles hie

you must be a member of sceneorlando....

hahahahaha=) Seems like i work for teh fucking City Council or something right? Myles Hie, Defender of Orlando!! Naw, i lived there the past 5 years, just recently moved back to SoFl. I loved it up there, had a great time. Nowhere is "perfect" but for what it is i think it's good spot. I was just reading so much hate about Orlando on this board ( if you make deragatory statements about something and don't back it up then i consider that hating) that i wan't to know what you think sucks about it.

Some of the responses were lame though, if you don't like someplace or something than say, i think its sucks because of__________. Don't just throw blanket statements out, sometimes you might get called out on it ;D

Guest pod

With the current legal climate in Florida and in the US regarding clubs and nightlife, it is hard as hell for an area that had a top scene to get it back. I have yet to see a community in this country go "Oh wait, the clubs bought in a lot of money...let's bump the closing times up to 5 again...".

The suburbs in and of themselves aren't a bad thing. I don't mind a quiet place to actually live in. As a matter of fact it really isn't the suburbs causing issues with clubs, it is the issue of people moving to areas where clubs are, and demanding their closure since they can't deal with the element or the noise. 'If you can't stand the heat, don't come to the kitchen', applies here.

Guest myles hie

With the current legal climate in Florida and in the US regarding clubs and nightlife, it is hard as hell for an area that had a top scene to get it back. I have yet to see a community in this country go "Oh wait, the clubs bought in a lot of money...let's bump the closing times up to 5 again...".

People will never rave till dawn again in Orlando thats a fact but not the point. Whats next is the question. Lets move on and set trends again. The goal of everyone should not be drinking till 5 in teh morning. Its always a cool option but not a deal breaker.

The suburbs in and of themselves aren't a bad thing. I don't mind a quiet place to actually live in. As a matter of fact it really isn't the suburbs causing issues with clubs, it is the issue of people moving to areas where clubs are, and demanding their closure since they can't deal with the element or the noise. 'If you can't stand the heat, don't come to the kitchen', applies here.

huh? they are building and going to be building 7 new highrise skyscrapers for residential, commercial and retail. mostly commercial. So how does your theory apply again? More people are moving downtown then away.

Guest pod

On the beach, the condo associations have raised hell about the clubs. Downtown condos have been quiet, but believe me, the battle is coming down there too. Unlike on the Beach though, the clubs in Downtown Miami have somewhat of a leg to stand on in the fact that they are in a tax-designated entertainment district.

Nonetheless, the fact remains that when I'm thinking dance music in the US, if someone mentions Orlando, I think ten years ago. Today, I would not recommend it as a stop to a tourist looking for a good night out. New York, LA, Miami, Vegas, SF would be my top five... Again, if I happened to be there, I'd check out a joint or two, but I'd have to be there for other reasons first.