Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Happy Patriot Day everyone!

Guest sross

Guest trancepriest

God bless you all.

And remember, those nasty people who question the Administration are not patriots! You are either with us or against us!

Yeah half the country is traitors. ;D

Guest obby

God bless you all.

And remember, those nasty people who question the Administration are not patriots! You are either with us or against us!

Is the word GOD even allowed now a days?

::)

Happy Patriots Day to you too Ross. All these debates are a clear sign of Democracy. Be happy they are taking place. It's not the first time we go through these debates.

Guest sross

God bless you all.

Happy Patriots Day to you too Ross. All these debates are a clear sign of Democracy. Be happy they are taking place. It's not the first time we go through these debates.

No doubt Obby. I just find the idea of commemorating the dead with a 'Patriots Day' is an attempt to move the event into the political sphere - the whole patriotism/'with us or against us' line that Bush likes to trot out whenever someone has the audacity to criticise his policies. It shows a complete and utter lack of respect in my opinion. Just call it '9/11 Memorial Day' or something similar, not 'Patriot Day'.

Just my 0.02 Euros.

Guest endymion

I just find the idea of commemorating the dead with a 'Patriots Day' is an attempt to move the event into the political sphere

Many pushy people are using 9/11 to justify whatever their own goals already are, Bush is only one of them. In the Miami Herald today there's a story about a developer using 9/11 to justify taking over the public waterfront on Watson Island and making it into a playground for the ultra rich.

I wanted to vomit when I picked up the September 11, 2006 edition of the Herald this morning and read this:

Picture it: shimmering European handcrafted yachts, hundreds of feet long, docked on Biscayne Bay. The wealthy being served drinks with little umbrellas. Children playing on oversized decks.

And the general public peering at it all from platforms perched well above the fabulous crowd. Security doors bar access to the docks below, which sit on the very public property of Watson Island -- at least, in part, because of 9/11, the developer says.

That's how it will be if Miami-Dade County commissioners on Tuesday approve developer Flagstone Island Gardens' request to dredge 16 acres of Biscayne Bay for the luxury marina.

The plan also features two elevated platforms about 470 feet long that would be lined with trees and covered by some type of barrier. Only boat owners and crews would be allowed on the lower level.

You can thank Sept. 11 for any inconvenience to the public, developer Mehmet Bayaktar said Saturday by phone from Rhode Island. Security measures such as boat searches would take place on the lower level as boaters make their way through customs on the island.

Guest trancepriest

More evidence of Miami pricing out 90 percent of the people that live here.

Because of September 11th you can't trust regular americans. Only the rich Saudis, Iranians, Kuwaitis, etc... should live the good life in America.

I just find the idea of commemorating the dead with a 'Patriots Day' is an attempt to move the event into the political sphere

Many pushy people are using 9/11 to justify whatever their own goals already are, Bush is only one of them. In the Miami Herald today there's a story about a developer using 9/11 to justify taking over the public waterfront on Watson Island and making it into a playground for the ultra rich.

I wanted to vomit when I picked up the September 11, 2006 edition of the Herald this morning and read this:

Picture it: shimmering European handcrafted yachts, hundreds of feet long, docked on Biscayne Bay. The wealthy being served drinks with little umbrellas. Children playing on oversized decks.

And the general public peering at it all from platforms perched well above the fabulous crowd. Security doors bar access to the docks below, which sit on the very public property of Watson Island -- at least, in part, because of 9/11, the developer says.

That's how it will be if Miami-Dade County commissioners on Tuesday approve developer Flagstone Island Gardens' request to dredge 16 acres of Biscayne Bay for the luxury marina.

The plan also features two elevated platforms about 470 feet long that would be lined with trees and covered by some type of barrier. Only boat owners and crews would be allowed on the lower level.

You can thank Sept. 11 for any inconvenience to the public, developer Mehmet Bayaktar said Saturday by phone from Rhode Island. Security measures such as boat searches would take place on the lower level as boaters make their way through customs on the island.

i didnt read the paper today, but i did some research and this is what i found.

State wants majority of Watson Island revenue

The city has not yet finalized its 45-year lease, which calls for it to get $1 million in rent during construction of the $281 million, 13.4-acre Flagstone Island Gardens. As proposed, it would comprise two hotels containing 375 rooms, 14 restaurants, 137,000 square feet of retail and a 54-slip mega yacht marina.

more @ http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2003/12/15/story7.html

picture of what it could look like

0100014rc.jpg

Guest coach

Did the ad say only middle eastern people need apply?

Well, it's sure that most mid-westerners won't be able to afford it.

This has actually been in discussion for a couple of years. I thought they had beaten it off, though. But I guess not.

Guest obby

God bless you all.

Just my 0.02 Euros.

LOL

Point taken.

I say we allow the family members of 9-11 to title today as they seem fit.

Guest james stratus

More evidence of Miami pricing out 90 percent of the people that live here.

And as if Miami doesn't already have enough overpriced "luxury" condos and not enough public park land.

Damn shame. Oddly enough, we do have a lot of parks, but I'll be damned if they're advertised or adequately maintained. When's the last time you've (not you specifically) gone to publically managed land around here?

I don't mind "playgrounds for the rich", but there needs to be adequate housing and support services for the people that make it possible to have the playground. But seriously. For example, why is the $8.00/hr cleaning lady going to commute via public transit two hours each way from the only housing she can afford, since locations closer are out of her price range?

Guest trancepriest

Damn shame. Oddly enough, we do have a lot of parks, but I'll be damned if they're advertised or adequately maintained. When's the last time you've (not you specifically) gone to publically managed land around here?

I don't mind "playgrounds for the rich", but there needs to be adequate housing and support services for the people that make it possible to have the playground. But seriously. For example, why is the $8.00/hr cleaning lady going to commute via public transit two hours each way from the only housing she can afford, since locations closer are out of her price range?

America doesn't care about those types of people. They are people without names in the rush of capitalism. Like all those black people in New Orleans drowning like rats. I bet you many of them made around $8.00 living in their poor abodes. They are not really Americans you see. They are refugees. The cleaning lady you mentioned is a refugee. America is turning into european controlled Shanghai... empire of the sun. All the Chinese (refugees) are at the gates hoping to come in. They know all the symbols but they can't touch the dream. The truth is that they are more than refugees... they are terrorist in the mind of the fearful.

Guest james stratus

The market down here (currently overpriced... or not) pushes the poor even farther out from ownership than ever before. Even the middle class is quickly being pushed over the line from being able to afford to own their own homes. The city has basically sold out any opportunity for price control and affordable housing in decent areas. There is an entire department in the Miami City government, but it is all so corrupt that it is not funny. Soon enough Dan, you won't be able to afford rent down there :-\