Clubplanet Nightlife Community

More hurricane waves on the way...

Guest jbit

Guest jbit

from Surfline.com ....

WEDNESDAY

We begin to feel a few inconsistent forerunners from Hurricane Helene. Expect surf in the knee-waist range with better small wave magnets picking up a few inconsistent bigger sets, especially during the afternoon. Upcoast spots in SFL continue with minor knee-knee+ NE swell. Expect W winds 8-14kt early in the day to turn NW for NFL/CFL during the afternoon.

THURSDAY

E/ESE swell from Hurricane Helene continues to fill in through out the day. Expect waist+ surf early in the day with bigger sets developing during the afternoon for NFL/CFL. Again standout spots see bigger sets with the favorable tides. Surf will be inconsistent at times. SFL can expect knee, occ. thigh NE swell mix. Expect light winds early across the state to turn onshore with the afternoon seabreeze.

FRIDAY

Fun sized 3-5’ E/ESE swell continues for NFL/CFL. Standouts again see bigger peaks, especially late in the day. Expect knee-thigh+ NE swell for SFL. Light offshore winds early in the day turn onshore with the seabreeze.

SATURDAY

Solid E/ESE swell is on tap. Stay tuned for the latest updates.

Guest endymion

FRIDAY

Fun sized 3-5’ E/ESE swell continues for NFL/CFL. Standouts again see bigger peaks, especially late in the day. Expect knee-thigh+ NE swell for SFL. Light offshore winds early in the day turn onshore with the seabreeze.

Oh thanks, that's beautiful! I'll head out through Government Cut and then go a mile or two southeast on Friday morning and see if they were right about that forecast. Riding four-foot swells home for a mile or two as the run rises is an unbelievable way to start your day.

Guest michael^heaven

Swell arrived last night. Epic f@#king conditions this morning!!! Overhead, glassy, 100+yard peaky-rights at Bethune & nobody out. Surfed 'till my legs & arms gave out! :P

Guest jbit

Swell arrived last night. Epic f@#king conditions this morning!!! Overhead, glassy, 100+yard peaky-rights at Bethune & nobody out. Surfed 'till my legs & arms gave out! :P

You suck. One day i'm moving from this waveless god for saken part of south florida, but for now, its road trip time. Sebastian inlet cam looks good this am ....

http://www.ronjons.com/DisplayContent.aspx?ContentID=84&MenuGroup=4&SelectedItem=19

Guest endymion

Not too impressed down here off of South Beach. Wave height wasn't any bigger than from the wind swells from the low pressure that we had for the last few weeks.

Glorious sunrise this morning though, caught it from about two miles out. The bioluminescent algae on the way out there in the dark was insane this morning. Possibly even more fun than hurricane swell.

Guest endymion

Possibly even more fun than hurricane swell.

Nope

It's just not that big today. Maybe I'm too far south. We got bigger swells here last week from the low pressure system. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Paddling east a mile out in the ocean through water that lights up like a glow stick when you touch it just as dawn breaks is a very fun way to start your day. Trust me on this one.

Guest drlogic

east swell....south of palm bch in the shadow of the bahamas!

that's why south is flat!

I can't go until Sat......I hope it hold up!

Last thursday @ Reef Road was SICK!!!!

Guest drlogic

Speak'n of surf'n.......I've got a few pics I'll share from my last trip to Costa Rica w/ the family a few months ago in July.

Me w/ the kids in Tamarindo taking 'em out on the longboard.

picture026go4.jpg

Me again getting ready to play in some knee slapp'n Tamarindo surf

picture129pz0.jpg

Me @ the end of knee slapperpicture058ps7.jpg

Me on another knee slapper in Tamarindo

picture057cy3.jpg

Playa Grande, just north of the river mouth in Tamarindo..(always bigger there,,but the kids couldn't go out there,,broke in my new short board there)picture068xd7.jpg

Last one....Costa Rican sunset w/ the fam.

picture136tn9.jpg

Guest drlogic

thank you sir!

that performance longboard(9'2") is fun for the small days. I'm a big dude...I'm 6'4" 250 lbs...so I can whip that long board around like it was A short board. my kids loved that shit. they were a little freaked out at first paddling out, but once we were out there there were cool,,,there was always that freak shoulder/head high set that rolls through every 20 min. or so,,,but it was fun.

I'd dawn patrol Grande in the morning then surf the afternoon behind the hotel w/ the kids.

Nice trip. Beautiful country! I love that place. My passport is almost completely stamped w/ costa rica....LOL

Guest drlogic

level/jmt,,

thank you, thank you....

making the kids was the easy part....

my nigguh,,when I say raising kids is NO JOKE...I mean,,,IT'S NO FUCK'N JOKE! It's hard! But you gotta love those little buggers.....one minute they make you wanna play in traffic, the next they make you feel on top of the world!

Just ask Obby, took him w/ us to Disney a few wknds ago...he doesn't know how I do it. LOL

All in all, I wouldn't trade my life for anyones! Life is good!

thank you sir!

that performance longboard(9'2") is fun for the small days. I'm a big dude...I'm 6'4" 250 lbs...so I can whip that long board around like it was A short board. my kids loved that shit. they were a little freaked out at first paddling out, but once we were out there there were cool,,,there was always that freak shoulder/head high set that rolls through every 20 min. or so,,,but it was fun.

I'd dawn patrol Grande in the morning then surf the afternoon behind the hotel w/ the kids.

Nice trip. Beautiful country! I love that place. My passport is almost completely stamped w/ costa rica....LOL

beautifull pics bro

you're 250 @ 6'4? damm im 6'5 @ 235-240 now and i thought i was a bit overweight...maybe i should tripple stack my protein/calorie intake haha

Guest michael^heaven

Speak'n of surf'n.......I've got a few pics I'll share from my last trip to Costa Rica w/ the family a few months ago in July.

Been there a couple of times. During the last visit, we drove up to Tamarindo. They were having the Rabbit Kekai Longboard Invitational. It was cool to surf with all of those legends but sucked because I shortboard. We only stayed a day & then headed down to Boca & Playa Grande. Caught Playa about chest-high. Boca was killa!!! Shoulder to head-high, 300 yard lefts & no one out! 8)

BTW...head-high to overhead today. Swell is supposed to peak on Friday. Hopefully, it won't be too overwedged. The current swell is almost maxing out the sandbars up here already. :P

Guest jbit

back to the issuse at hand you thread jackin' bastards ;D

Been on the cams all morning and C. Florida/north is the only place with waves. We're getting jonzed again down here. Sebatians got some morning sickness it looks like, can tell the wind is starting to pick up. Well see if its worth the drive north tonight.

DrLogic - nice pics .... the one below is me checking the surf at Hermosa when i was in Costa last year ...

hermosa.jpeg

Guest endymion

DrLogic - nice pics .... the one below is me checking the surf at Hermosa when i was in Costa last year ...

You're supposed to at least show your board. My surf board is built for speed:

IMG_2631.jpg

Guest drlogic

thank you sir!

beautifull pics bro

you're 250 @ 6'4? damm im 6'5 @ 235-240 now and i thought i was a bit overweight...maybe i should tripple stack my protein/calorie intake haha

yeah niguh!!! COCK DIESEL!!! lol This morning @ the gym, I weighed 252 lbs....most of that weight is pure cock! LOL :D

Guest drlogic

I'm glad you all liked da' pix....Here are few from a yr or 2 ago in Costa Rica @ Roca Loca/Hermosa(Central Pacific coast of CR...for those who don't know)

4x4rentalrocalocano2.jpg

crewrocalocacliffcy9.jpg

rocaloca12bc2.jpg

rocaloca4ao1.jpg

rocaloca5tq9.jpg

rocaloca6wn3.jpg

rocaloca7if1.jpg

rocaloca9wy1.jpg

Guest jbit

For those that dont know ... thats much bigger than you think. Those pictures were taken at the top of a hill, so the scale is off. Roco Loco (as its name states) is crazy.

That place is F'ing gnarly. The bottom is jagged rock that will slice you up like a meat grinder, and climbing down a cliff to get there is no fun either.

Guest jbit

You're supposed to at least show your board.

It's sitting on top of the car.

Guest endymion

For those that dont know ... thats much bigger than you think. Those pictures were taken at the top of a hill, so the scale is off. Roco Loco (as its name states) is crazy.

That place is F'ing gnarly. The bottom is jagged rock that will slice you up like a meat grinder, and climbing down a cliff to get there is no fun either.

Yeah those waves are beautiful! Is that the beach with the black sand?