Clubplanet Nightlife Community

More hurricane waves on the way...

Guest jbit

Guest drlogic

It's just to north of it. It's a point at the southern end of a cove(the beach in that cove is JACO). The beach to the south of that cove is Hermosa(the black sand beach you're probably talk'n about).

Here are a few more....One more of Playa Hermosa(the blk sand bch) and some other from Reef Rd., West Palm Beach...All of me,,of course...LOL It's all about ME,ME,ME,ME..lol

TECHJUNKIE: Yeah, that was a nice day! PURA VIDA, MAE!

It's hard to put into words what's it's like to surf. It's my therapy! The feeling it gives you is inexplicable. No motor,,just a slab of fiberglass wrapped foam, you and mother nature. Not for nothing but,,,it's a pretty special feeling. Those who do surf probably understand where I'm coming from.

Hermosa

5or2.jpg

Reef Rd. on a fun north swell..check out angle of that swell

2aq2.jpg

3zc2.jpg

4jn4.jpg

1xx7.jpg

Guest endymion

All of me,,of course...LOL It's all about ME,ME,ME,ME..lol

Haha that's alright, photos of waves are sexy. Even with you there in them.

I don't have photos of me on waves because nobody will go two miles out there with me with a camera. Or even with another surfski. There's an ocean marathon from Culebra to Puerto Rico in April that I'll be in, with chase boats full of cameras. I'll hopefully have some then.

As much as you like surfing, you should try this surfski thing. You're totally built for it, the world champ is huge like you. The ocean opens up to you all of the sudden when you realize you don't have to sit at the beach waiting for waves, you can go out hunting and stalk them down any day, hurricane swells or no. I ride HUGE cruise ship and yacht wakes on flat days, there are surfing waves out there every single day.

The feeling when you're on the wave is universal, and with a surfski you stretch it out from a few seconds to minute after minute after minute. You're literally flying as fast as the wind over the water, literally, and it feels like it. It's SO cool.

Guest endymion

Sebastians still pumping ....

Still not too impressed. But is that Monster Hole or the north side of the inlet? Looks like the north side.

Guest drlogic
+

GRRRRRRRR! GRRRRRRRRR! GRRRRRRRRRRR! >:(

MODAH FOHKAH! GRRRRRRRRRRRR! >:(

& I'm stuck here @ work. I can't go tomorrow either. It's my wifes BDAY....We're probably gonna end up @ Nicki Beach tomorrow night. I've already got a room rented @ the Intercontinental.....We got her mom to take the kids for the wknd.....

Go fig'r,,the one wknd I have to stay in,,,,THERE'S WAVES..Murphy's law is muther fucker!

today and tomorrow are supposed to be the best days for this swell.

Well, if you can get it....GET IT..! Jump on it! :'(

Guest jbit

Sebastians still pumping ....

Still not too impressed.

LMAO ... I didnt say it was the best ever (your looking through a web cam so take it with a grain of salt). Its Florida during summer time, so you take what you can get. Right now it looks damn good to me (shoulder/head high and semi-glassy). I'll be sure to let you all know how it was tomorrow ;D ;D

(unless Mike_heaven beats me to it)

Guest michael^heaven

Waiting for the sun to come up for dawn patrol sesh. Yesterday was very nice in the afternoon. My street=5'-6' with some ++ sets & semi-glassy. Ya!!

Guest jbit

Well, just got home. I hit Seb. inlet at dawn and the wind was all over it (10-15mph from the east), pretty much tearing the swell into chuncks. I drove around a bit killing some time and hit it mid-late morning. Still some sneaker bombs rolling through (head high ++) but closed out and high tide playing tricks with it.

A bad day of surfing is still better than a good day working. ;D

Guest michael^heaven

Sorry to hear about that man!! Next time...keep heading north on 95. Yeh, this swell has had morning sickness the past 4 days. I'll check it at dawn & just go back to sleep 'till afternoon when it starts firing. Mornings have been consistantly waist to chest & semi-choppy but tide has been too high early. Afternoons are showing solid head-high to overhead with ++sets with the low going high tide. Saturday was no exception. My street was maybe waist-high but dumping right on the inside sandbar. Crap IMO! Crashed...woke up around 2pm...my street was then a solid head-high with about a ft overhead sets & glassy. :P

Guest jbit

Its all good, my girlfriends family lives in Vero so i've got the perfect excuse to make a trip upcoast. I just say honey lets go visit your mom ... and I'll bring my board just in case (wink, wink).

Guest michael^heaven

Well, this morning sucked(again). Overcast, windy, waist-high b.s. Waited 'till noon...tide dropped & the sun came out. So, decided to hit it. About 1pm, it rained a bit & glassed off nicely. That combo'd with the low tide gave us waist-to-chest barrels 'till about 4pm :P. Then, the wind got on it again & crapped it out. Overall, a fun afternoon of surf except for all tha damn tourist swimmers drifting into the lineup >:(;).

Guest jbit

I'm glad you all liked da' pix....Here are few from a yr or 2 ago in Costa Rica @ Roca Loca/Hermosa(Central Pacific coast of CR...for those who don't know)

4x4rentalrocalocano2.jpg

is that a 3.0 diesel toyota hilux?

thats just a 4runnner, the HiLuxs' are pickups (very small beds)

Guest jbit

Well, this morning sucked(again). Overcast, windy, waist-high b.s. Waited 'till noon...tide dropped & the sun came out. So, decided to hit it. About 1pm, it rained a bit & glassed off nicely. That combo'd with the low tide gave us waist-to-chest barrels 'till about 4pm :P. Then, the wind got on it again & crapped it out. Overall, a fun afternoon of surf except for all tha damn tourist swimmers drifting into the lineup >:(;).

^ you suck ^ ;D

Guest drlogic

Here are few pics taken during that first big swell a little over a wk ago...@ Reef Road, WPB

pics actually taken up the road from Reef Rd...around Nightengale....

rfrd1ht0.jpg

rfrd2zc5.jpg

rfrd3ra9.jpg

Guest michael^heaven

Those pics are exactly how big it was up here during Ernesto. F@#king crazy!!!!! Almost scary!

BTW...swell finally tapering off. Waist-to-chest this morning but dying fast during the day. That's ok. I need a break. My rail slammed into my leg on Sunday, pulling out of a barrel, bruising the bone. I could barely walk yesterday. Thanks to Icy Hot, I'm just about normal again. 8)

Guest jbit

That is definitely way bigger than it looks. If your in the right spot you can get the wave of the year, if your in the wrong spot and one of those bomb cleanup sets catches you inside, you risk drowning or drifting halfway back to wherever it is that you came from.

Killer pics Logic .... I really need to get a new camera.