Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo Fridays News

Guest aj2234

Guest G.A.

its unfortunate...competitiveness- fierce & soft openings...& i feel like miami is in a weird place with the scene...twilo needs to go back to the drawing board and re-organize, re-structure, re-something, or there friday nights will need nothing less than a miracle. good luck indeed!

Guest james stratus

I hate to say it, but the opening with the gay saturdays may have tainted the club to a portion of Twilo's audience who have already labeled it a gay club. No other club is a duel venue like that and lets face it... Miami's ethnic population is very homophobic. Twilo needs to crank up that promotion and really differentiate the two nights.

Also, Wink would have been a better opening night booking as he has a much bigger general fan base than AVH does in this town. Hell, since it IS Twilo, you guys could have pulled out an even bigger opening act than even Wink! The friday opening should have been something that people from Orlando, Tampa, and all points north would have trevelled in for. It's Twilo for heaven's sake!

Guest frankthetank

AVH is cool but prolly a bigger draw in NYC. How about Sinclar or Dean Coleman?

Let's face it...Saturdays are always bigger than Friday's in every city. Won't change.

Guest Gladius

you guys need to do sasha & digweed with sean cusick opening like the twilo of NY used to do

that will sell itself

shouldn't the grand opening of a new night in a fairly new nice club sell itself?

Guest coach

you guys need to do sasha & digweed with sean cusick opening like the twilo of NY used to do

that will sell itself

shouldn't the grand opening of a new night in a fairly new nice club sell itself?

How would it do that?

Guest Gladius

that will sell itself

How would it do that?

I don't know I am not claiming to know anything, I am just asking... most grand openings of new nightclubs don't need big name DJ's from what I have noticed, just decent promo's

Guest coach

that will sell itself

How would it do that?

I don't know I am not claiming to know anything, I am just asking... most grand openings of new nightclubs don't need big name DJ's from what I have noticed, just decent promo's

There you go. That is what a lot of people have been saying. It's all about the marketing plan. But that doesn't qualify as "selling itself".

that will sell itself

oh what i would do when this happens....bring on q and jvm from 10-2 and let the kings throw it down from 2-sunday! since i heard of this twilo opening i keep waiting for the day i come to cj and see the thread for it...ill keep hoping over here...but on a lighter note buuuuurrrridge!! that will eb my debut at twilo! 8)

Guest Marina22

Ok, maybe it is the promotions but if it's partly the "gay night" stigma then people need to chill it's 2006 and we live in Miami. Get over it and have fun ::)

Guest Devilicious

Ok, maybe it is the promotions but if it's partly the "gay night" stigma then people need to chill it's 2006 and we live in Miami. Get over it and have fun ::)

I agree with you, however I believe it was a tactical error to open first on gay nights only. It was maybe two months they did this, including a major holiday weekend. Thousands of people go out downtown who don't follow nightlife closely, and when they see a new club with hundreds of men outside, they label that a gay club. Fair or not, that is what happened.

Guest mp3some

I agree with you, however I believe it was a tactical error to open first on gay nights only. It was maybe two months they did this, including a major holiday weekend. Thousands of people go out downtown who don't follow nightlife closely, and when they see a new club with hundreds of men outside, they label that a gay club. Fair or not, that is what happened.

Agreed.

You come out with a BANG and then incorporate a much more segmented party into the rotation of the club.

The idea of "pigeonhole-ing" the venue really hurt the image in general. -- And not just because it is Miami-- i think this may apply in ANY market in general...

In addition to that, I have seen nearly NO significant promotion for a name/club of this magnitude. I mean, imagine when Pacha opened in NY.... There was no subway exit w/o flyers on the floor, walls covered with posters all over town etc etc etc. Imagine if LP's Club Space would open in Vegas... I mean, c'mon!!

This is where the missing Bindra factor really shows its weight in the Twilo formula.

I hope the gay market injects sufficient cash flow for the club to stay afloat until the next big wave of events. High season is coming, so they better get their shit together soon. I am sure that during conference, with some serious promotion and some solid bookings, they can redeem theirselves and reposition its name/brand. The different logo alone just wont make it.. In fact, I dont even think many ppl noticed.

I would even suggest making the gay-only saturdays a monthly event, or bi-weekly, or whatever... Keep it to the first, or last saturday of every month. Move them to Sundays or switch them to fridays.. i dont know... get the formula right because I really liked the place --just like everyone else I've talked to that has seen it--.

It would be very sad to see it tank.

Hope the feedback helps, if anyone in charge is reading. :-\

.- 8)

Anyone have any idea why the place first started with gay nights? What makes a club decide which party to start first?

maybe they didnt want to compete with space saturdays? that would to me be one of their reasons

but i also agree on promotions as well...take any major international billion dollar company for instance...budweiser, coca cola, pepsi, microsoft, u name it...they dont need any new marketing strategy but than again each and every year they are spending millions if not billions on marketing/advertising around the world, their products would still sell without any of that but they still choose to no matter what.

twilo doesnt need to spend millions, but like what pacha nyc did b4 its opening, mass marketing everywhere is what gets the word about a new place...many people in broward and west palm still have no idea the club is next to space...flyers should reach las olas/downtown ft laud, not just downtown/sobe.