Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Out of the famous people that come to Miami who has a bad reputation at clubs?

Guest mr.miami

Guest mr.miami

I'm bored so here I go. The D. Wade thing got me thinking. Which famous people that roll into Miami have a reputation for being an a-hole to the people at a club when they visit a club? If anyone has any stories about being abused by a famous person I would love to hear it. ;D

Guest frankthetank

Friends of mine were with Mel Gibson 30 minutes before he got his DUI a few months back in Malibu. They sold their story to In Touch magazine and got paid 10K a person. They appeared on Good Morning America, ET, etc. They actually said Mel was cool as hell and came to his defense.

However, this has nothing to do with Miami. ;D

Guest mr.miami

Friends of mine were with Mel Gibson 30 minutes before he got his DUI a few months back in Malibu. They sold their story to In Touch magazine and got paid 10K a person. They appeared on Good Morning America, ET, etc. They actually said Mel was cool as hell and came to his defense.

Thanks for totally disregarding the thread topic, but you do bring up an interesting question. And that is what was Mel drinking?

I've been almost run over by Puffy and his entourage twice. First time was at space second time was at crobar. His people were pretty rude about it, almost nocked me over at crobar. Space wasn't too bad cause one of the bouncers that knew me kinda shielded me. Doesn't help that i'm 5 foot nothing.

Jerks.

Guest Inán

Puffy and his entourage nearly ran me over at crobar as well, at the Perfecto party during WMC this year. They all crammed like sardines into the DJ booth, looking bored as hell. Puffy got his photo op with Oakey and did some phony dance. Then, mericfully, they left.

Guest frankthetank

Thanks for totally disregarding the thread topic, but you do bring up an interesting question. And that is what was Mel drinking?

Tequila and bottled water.

general statement...

why do people give so much shit about celebrities...they are just people, d wade or some idiot...who gives a fuck, i know people that will spend alot more on a table, these celebraties half the time dont even tip because of their high nose bs status...its one thing to put a flyer out and say so n so is going to be abc club, but the whole d wade bs @ prive was a joke, follow the rules, this is not the projects no more, in the real world there are rules, if everyone has to follow so does u

Guest spacecadet

Puffy Go Home!

March 9, 2004

Puff Daddy (a.k.a. Sean Puffy Combs, P. Diddy or the artist formerly known as Puffy) turned up late into the day of the Ultra Beach Festival in Miami, FL on Saturday (3/6) to so much huffing and puffing that people just wanted him to go home. Backstage at the packed, polite and extremely peaceful dance music festival that marks the lively heart of Miami's annual Winter Music Conference (3/5-3/10), the rap mogul's bodyguards were out of control. Upon arrival, they made their way through a sparsely populated backstage area surrounding Puffy and yelling, “Get out of the way!†while physically pushing anyone they could reach out of the way. For the next two hours they sporadically strode up and down the same path doing the same thing in an otherwise very mellow, not very crowded area. People were aghast at the audacity and ignorance of such a gesture that appeared just to be an attention-seeking ploy. The true icing on the cake came when the band of security guards traipsed up the stairs to actual stage area and physically picked up and moved one of the biggest stars on the bill out of a doorway just after he finished a blistering set on the main stage. Junkie XL was having a conversation with someone when he was physically picked up and removed from the doorway as most of the backstage attendees looked on in horror. There did not appear to be any apologies. Dance music has always been about peace, love, acceptance and a celebration of life. If, after Puffy proclaimed last year, that dance music is the next big thing in music and this is how he chooses involve himself in the culture, perhaps he should rethink it. The ones most ashamed of the unnecessary force backstage appeared to be the drum ‘n' bass artists stemming from a genre of dance music most liken to rap because of its street roots, bold attitude and history rooted in jungle music. One MC commented, “I'm from England and as much as we love seeing big stars, we don't like seeing them act like that. It's embarrassing. They should just stay away if that's how it's going to be.†The biggest irony came when the entourage that arrived with Tiesto, a far bigger superstar in dance music than Puffy, was compared to Puff Daddy's clan. “There were just as many, but they walked by you smiling and saying hello,†commented one producer attending the conference from Holland.