Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's a promoter to do??

Guest SoulSimple

Guest SoulSimple

Ok as of Nov.1st there will be no more hard copy flyer disribution on the beach....what are some creative ideas you've come up with???

Guest spinderella7713

Ok as of Nov.1st there will be no more hard copy flyer disribution on the beach....what are some creative ideas you've come up with???

hard copy distribution is not a promoters job...its a flyer hander outers job :P

but it will affect getting tourists into your venue.

Guest swank

as a local...the flyers were getting a little tiring. I prefer to recieve something in my hand with a quick 5 second blurb. The attitude of the person usually determined if I even looked at the flyer.

as a tourist it gets tiring as well politely accepting every (sometimes the same) flyer at every street corner and then on the beach.

without giving up too much information...the obvious is in front of your nose. Change your flyer to REALLY resemble an invitation and distribute in other areas, like the airport or shopping malls. Tourists have and always will ask the locals what's hot.

Some might also want to spend a couple of $$$ to create some sort of (swag) chutchka that people will keep around like a cd or beach towel, maybe a tshirt, or a mouse pad, postcards....you get the idea. If you don't think you have the funds to pull it off...then seek corporate sponsorship. There are many companies willing to associate themselves with taste makers.

Having a simple website that provides the neccesary info is important so that you can reinforce the message.

Your 'myspace' account and some flyers is not going to cut it anymore...people around you have to like you and you have to deliver the goods consistently or else....

Guest coach

Figure out what demographic the South Beach flyering hits. Figure out where else that demographic looks for entertainment info and hit that. Personally, I think that flyering is a waste of money, anyway, so you are probably better off saving it for something else.

Guest slamminshaun

We offer very competitvely priced and quality email blasts, banners, and other e-promotions. ;D

How does one look into this?

Guest vaughan

We offer very competitvely priced and quality email blasts' date=' banners, and other e-promotions. ;D

[/quote']

How does one look into this?

Contact Isabel at CJ headquarters.... She's great and they are VERY helpul!

Guest vaughan

You can be like Vaughn and Spam Cooljunkie with 10 different threads of the same event..lol

And if you've been to one of my events' date=' you'd be doing EXACTLY what I do as well. We'd get some GREAT press by hog-tying you and using you as a cocktail table too. ;D But I think I'll stick to spamming... much more Buddhist of me.

Did I mention that Mark Farina will be at Shine tomorrow night?

[img']http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/vaughanz/farina_ad.jpg

Guest Adam Singer

-email marketing

-website (not forum) marketing

-also webforum marketing (there's other besides CJ too, dont forget)

-newspaper/calendar listings (communities, dailys)

-get some press/articles about your night

-viral ad campaign

-sponsorships/co-promotions

-special events

-myspace/facebook e-vites/pages (even consider paying $ for placement)

hand fliers are kiddie stuff, and probably don't make much of a difference anyway

get a buzz going instead

Guest pod

There's other forums besides CJ? Since when?

Press is critical too. You should call all the media outlets and invite their people to show up.

Guest Adam Singer

There's other forums besides CJ? Since when?

Press is critical too. You should call all the media outlets and invite their people to show up.

careful, you can taint your rep if you do this improperly...be sure you have your PR person handle this and act as liason all night

also provide them images so they dont have to bring a photographer (now you're controlling what your article will look like)...

there are ways to influence their write-up too, or even get them to do one in the first place, but that information isn't free ;)

Guest james stratus

You can still do flyers, but not hand to hand on the street... In hotels and stores of course. Posters, CDs, T-Shirts on hot chicks and guys to just walk around in and sit in high traffic areas, Bulk mail if you have a physical mailing list, Email, Myspace, Message Boards, Phone Calls, texts... That's all the obvious..

Guest Philip

Figure out what demographic the South Beach flyering hits. Figure out where else that demographic looks for entertainment info and hit that. Personally, I think that flyering is a waste of money, anyway, so you are probably better off saving it for something else.

right on Coach. somebody is smart enough here to look at the facts instead of following the same old, tired formula.

i really like some of the ideas ive seen on this thread so far. think outside the box people. challenge yourself and your ideas!

Guest vaughan

hand fliers are kiddie stuff, and probably don't make much of a difference anyway

get a buzz going instead

100% Correct... If you have to rely on flyers then you are already behind the ball.

Guest james stratus

As a local and as a marketeer, I have to say, I am not sad to see them go.

Neither am I. The return on the investment isn't all that great. The place where the flyer actually works really well has nothing to do with the flyer. Someone is more likely to go to your party if you hand them a flyer and talk to them and tell them about it. Getting to know them in the process. The flyer might as well be a business card.

Guest SoulSimple

As a marketing promoter...I agree with all. flyers are a thing of the past. It is now time to develope relationships with your market...creative ways of getting the message to your target market is now key...I just wanted to get some feedback as to how others were dealing with the issue...Now venues will begin to invest more in the promoters who are filling up their spots...and yes I do have to get with CJ...for some promotions...but how many party goers actually check the myspace message board?...i wonder what the numbers are?

Guest Adam Singer

Now venues will begin to invest more in the promoters who are filling up their spots...

this could be *one* tactic

it doesnt embrace sustainable growth to just hiring people to bring in their contacts, you need a strategic campaign involving all 3 parts of the marketing mix (advertising, marketing, and PR) with directly measurable ROI on all your tactics to truly be a success

at least, that's how all the successful companies i work with do it...(it's slightly different in the club biz but i think the main aspects remain unchanged)