Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ideal Venue

Guest bootstah

Guest djjoncowan

I am a little partial but "shine" @ the shelborne. with the ability to combine pool parties with night time events using the main room of shine plus the small lounge for the intimate dirty sounds or mushroom jazz type sets the venue @ the shelborne can have it all....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TMc_Labs@HQ

hopefully made brings the crazy soundsystem again.

not me. i was there for Howells and no mids - all boom.

Integral Sound Fails To Impress

http://futuremusic.com/blog/?p=3

Many manufacturers use the Winter Music Conference, which takes place every March in Miami, to showcase their latest offerings to the dance music community. Get a buzz going in Miami and that electricity can send sparks around the globe.

Integral Sound, yet another incarnation of the Steve Dash sound system juggernaut, this time with Mike Bindra of Twilo and Made fame thrown in for some sales flavor, brought in their own newly minted version to impress at the WMC. Unfortunately it didn’t…

The poorly tuned system had Dash’s trademark ultra clean, non-fatiguing sound signature, but at the expense of high-end sparkle and low end punch. The bass was rolled off way too early to put the fear in your nether regions and the high end was squashed leaving high-hat patterns and flaccid.

With banners hanging from every rafter at the Pawn Shop, Integral was ready to start taking deposits from club owners and begin moving product. Too bad their system couldn’t move air. Dash and company may be able to leverage his name for some advanced orders, but if anyone bases the decision on the Pawn’s system, they should get out of the business. Integral’s set up at Pawn was one step forward, two steps back for the company.

The Future: Wow. Talk about a let down. Integral’s system was just plain hurting. All the positive quotes from Paul Van Dyk and others obviously came at Bindra’s prodding. Dash is a genius, but he faxed in this appearance. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Pawn Shop is my account now. They are looking to buy a new sound system before WMC. The system that I'm going to design is alot of small powerful speakers that don't take up space. The whole "EGO Stack" thing is of the NYC past. Audio systems of today are smaller, more powerful and alot cleaner.

Guest coach

It reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally depends on what you are looking at doing. My favorites are generally Crobar, Shine (inside/outside is so cool), and Delano. But, of course, a lot of that has to do with who is throwing the parties and who is spinning. You are asking only about the venue, if I understand correctly.

Can you give us a bit more information about what you are looking at doing? That way we could probably give better recommendations. Also, are we looking at a "cost is no factor" kind of thing?

Heck, I've had a blast at a few WMC parties at Tantra, for that matter.

Guest ramon

hopefully made brings the crazy soundsystem again.

not me. i was there for Howells and no mids - all boom.

Many manufacturers use the Winter Music Conference, which takes place every March in Miami, to showcase their latest offerings to the dance music community. Get a buzz going in Miami and that electricity can send sparks around the globe.

Integral Sound, yet another incarnation of the Steve Dash sound system juggernaut, this time with Mike Bindra of Twilo and Made fame thrown in for some sales flavor, brought in their own newly minted version to impress at the WMC. Unfortunately it didn’t…

The poorly tuned system had Dash’s trademark ultra clean, non-fatiguing sound signature, but at the expense of high-end sparkle and low end punch. The bass was rolled off way too early to put the fear in your nether regions and the high end was squashed leaving high-hat patterns and flaccid.

With banners hanging from every rafter at the Pawn Shop, Integral was ready to start taking deposits from club owners and begin moving product. Too bad their system couldn’t move air. Dash and company may be able to leverage his name for some advanced orders, but if anyone bases the decision on the Pawn’s system, they should get out of the business. Integral’s set up at Pawn was one step forward, two steps back for the company.

The Future: Wow. Talk about a let down. Integral’s system was just plain hurting. All the positive quotes from Paul Van Dyk and others obviously came at Bindra’s prodding. Dash is a genius, but he faxed in this appearance. Time to go back to the drawing board.

Pawn Shop is my account now. They are looking to buy a new sound system before WMC. The system that I'm going to design is alot of small powerful speakers that don't take up space. The whole "EGO Stack" thing is of the NYC past. Audio systems of today are smaller, more powerful and alot cleaner.

sounds great. good sound is what really keeps me away from the place .. are you going to build something decent for the backroom as well? that place really really needs help.

give me funktion one imo ;)

cielo does just fine with it.

Guest TMc_Labs@HQ

sounds great. good sound is what really keeps me away from the place .. are you going to build something decent for the backroom as well? that place really really needs help.

give me funktion one imo ;)

cielo does just fine with it.

Naw Funktion One is okay but I'm looking to custom design a system that fits Pawn Shop's design. We're not looking to put in speakers that are big and bulky. Speakers should be heard and not seen.

More info later

Guest ANARCHYP

crobar in southbeach was the fucking best. best vibe. best door people. I hope they re-open that place soon.

thats true...crobar was shit...carl cox was unbeliable there

Guest djjoncowan

crobar in southbeach was the fucking best. best vibe. best door people. I hope they re-open that place soon.

its partially owned and operated by LP from space now. it will be open by wmc but under new direction from the space mafia...

Guest ANARCHYP

its partially owned and operated by LP from space now. it will be open by wmc but under new direction from the space mafia...

...he can fuck up a wet dream

Guest dj moyn

so space is now gonna be running the new crobar? this is terrible news. and does that means space will be running nocturnal, kinda like how crobar did last year during WMC

Guest pod

Jesus H Christ some of you take things way too personally. Space is the most successful club operator in town. crobar was in trouble, and Space essentially came to the rescue.

Let me ask you this, what did the club, or any club during conference, do to you personally?

And no, telling "your" DJ to bail a half-hour early doesn't count.

Guest coach

And no, telling "your" DJ to bail a half-hour early doesn't count.

Shit, as long as I got paid, they could tell me to skip my whole set and I'd be happy!

Guest dj moyn

Let me ask you this, what did the club, or any club during conference, do to you personally?

sold me a ticket which said "gaurenteed entry with no waiting in line before 5am" on it. i got there at mindnight. guess what? i waited in line for 3 hours, WHY, you ask, b/c "the most successful club operator in town" decided to also sell tickets at the door for 150 bucks, AND also used two ticket outlets to sell tickets for the event. that all equals a very overly packed venue where the fire marshall shuts them down from letting more people in. so why sell me a ticket telling me i can get in anytime before 5am, and pull bullshit like that? b/c space doesn't care about its customers, that's why!

Guest pod

Umm, OK? Well, as you know, it is conference, and like life in general, there's no guarantees.

You've got your health, and probably a mother and father that love you. I would suggest finding other things to get worked up about besides club-related bullshit which we all know is a fantasy world anyway.

Guest dj moyn

Umm, OK? Well, as you know, it is conference, and like life in general, there's no guarantees.

You've got your health, and probably a mother and father that love you. I would suggest finding other things to get worked up about besides club-related bullshit which we all know is a fantasy world anyway.

i'm not getting worked up, you asked what they did and there is your answer. and tho i may somewhat agree with you that there are no guarentees, why would space put that on thier tickets when they sold them? b/c LP is an asshole. and then just play dumb the night of when everyone is asking about it.

its ok pod, keep sticking up for your clubs that you are partners with, never see the other side of the story. it doesn't hurt to listen to the people and take that into consideration sometimes. you should try it. it helps make the world go round

Guest pod

Not really, I think it's just sad how much people get worked up during conference. I'm enthused about the whole operation for about two days, then I just want everyone to go home. Geez, 90 percent of the time it's some guy hitting play on the CDJs to a copy of the same shitty track.

Guest pod

Nah. I love nightclubs, I'm just not overly hip with the DJ worship the kids do these days. Pressing the big green circle and twisting a knob does not a talent make.

Most DJs have forgotten they're part of the overall experience, not the sole reason for the experience.