Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I got a Mac!!

Guest trancepriest

I usually tend to want to hit people talking down to me. But that's just me. I really don't like hitting people though.

This is America... everyone is pompous. If they act like they aren't pompous its because they don't have any toys to play with.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

I can understand fanaticism, but after awhile it gets repetitive, especially to an audience that is apathetic to what you're ranting about. Like I could sit here all day and tell you why Canon is better than Nikon, but maybe 1 person would care.

Guest trancepriest

I can understand fanaticism, but after awhile it gets repetitive, especially to an audience that is apathetic to what you're ranting about. Like I could sit here all day and tell you why Canon is better than Nikon, but maybe 1 person would care.

Perhaps no one would believe you either. ;D

Guest coach

Well, of COURSE Canon is better than Nikon! Who could dispute that?????? I still like my little Sony H5, though.

Guest trancepriest

Well a Mac is clearly better than a PC... and look how long it takes to prove that... for christ sakes you guys are just comign around. I think the Canon over Nikon argument is a lost cause.

Guest swirlundergrounder

geez i thought i was a nerd

let it gooooooo ;)

So you surrender then....?

Cool. I can tell you a way on how to get a student discount when buying a mac...

Guest swirlundergrounder

i surrender nothing

this conversation is pointless, though! :)

Then why keep posting on it thus perpetuating the cycle?

Never mind. The only perpetuating cycle here is your PC trying to clean out all the spyware that gets dumped on it everyday...

Guest Adam Singer

i surrender nothing

this conversation is pointless, though! :)

Then why keep posting on it thus perpetuating the cycle?

Never mind. The only perpetuating cycle here is your PC trying to clean out all the spyware that gets dumped on it everyday...

wrong again

my production PC is not plugged into the internet

and the laptop is spyware free even though it plays with alot of other computers

Guest endymion

Funny, I just ran my spyware app. After not running it for several months, it found exactly 5 tracking cookies. That was it.

Did it find the spyware that you have installed called "Microsoft Windows"? That one is pretty evil, you should delete it. It really destabilizes your system to have it on there.

Guest pod

You could hand 95 percent of the people on here a Mac mini installed with Firefox, Office, and T-bird and they'd get by just fine.

Or for that manner, a PC running some variant of Linux with an appropriate GUI, and a browser, office suite, and email app installed, and they'd do fine too.

Most people don't "need" a specific OS. As long as they can browse, chat, email, bang out the occasional document, look at photos, and play media, they don't care what the computer is running.

You could hand 95 percent of the people on here a Mac mini installed with Firefox, Office, and T-bird and they'd get by just fine.

Or for that manner, a PC running some variant of Linux with an appropriate GUI, and a browser, office suite, and email app installed, and they'd do fine too.

Most people don't "need" a specific OS. As long as they can browse, chat, email, bang out the occasional document, look at photos, and play media, they don't care what the computer is running.

This is very true. I'm the very rare consumer that has had a pc for 7 years running clean with minimal spyware and a total of 4 viruses the entire time. Then again i know a thing or two about pcs and know how to keep them clean.

I just found that the MacBook had everything i wanted in a nice package without having to resort to completely reformatting a pc or building one from scratch just to have a windows-free set up. My other option was venturing into Linux territory but with the track record PCs have, i didn't want to have to dedicate that much time and effort into an OS i wasn't familiar with.

I have a feeling that my Mac will be a piece of cake.

Guest pod

You'll do just fine.

I wouldn't have recommended a Linux solution in your case, as even the most bombproof Linux distro can still have issues.

For someone who doesn't want to fuss, OS X will be fine.