Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where ya stayin?

Guest frankthetank

Guest frankthetank

OK bitches...seems like most of the hotels and condo units got wind of WMC dates prior it being announced. Not like it was really that hard to guess. Hotel rates are ridiculous. The Beacon for $550 a night? C'mon. I stayed at that place for $149 a night this past June.

I booked at Rodeway Inn at 15th and Collins. $500 for 3 nights (Wed, Thurs, Fri) Got OK reviews thru tripadvisor and is a great location. But really all I needed was some decent space, my own bed, and a frig to put my pre-party beers. Only two of us total in the room.

Where is everyone else staying and what dates?

Guest somefiercehouse

Best Western on Washington and 10th. Yeah, it's right by the Police Station....but it's hella cheap. $180/night! Stayed there last year and it was great! Especially the impromtu boom box party at the pool Friday morning. sigh. I can't wait!!!!

Guest electrobabe

Damn....I was thinking this year of staying a few nights in a hotel instead of my friends's for free....staying at my friend's is looking pretty good compared!! But I reallly would love to stay on the strip though for a portion of it to be in the middle of everything....gosh....does anyone know of any hotels right there on the beach or the good streets that don't cost an arm or leg?? I don't care if it's nice or not (well it has to be decent, but I'm not looking for super posh or anything!).

Any suggestions would be great, I've been to SoBe a lot, but have never had to book a hotel so don't know anything about that part of it!!

Guest vegasguy25

When I came down for conference in '05, my room at the Kent was $145/night for five nights. This year, they are showing $263/night on Expedia as part of a flight/hotel package. That's some inflation right there.

Guest sleepyboo

We've got our package going at the Beach Plaza Hotel for 2007. Email djboo@basicnyc.com for more info - staying there gets you immediate access to all the amazing daytime/evening parties we're putting together for 2007.

Can't beat the garden vibe at the Beach Plaza! ;D

When I came down for conference in '05, my room at the Kent was $145/night for five nights. This year, they are showing $263/night on Expedia as part of a flight/hotel package. That's some inflation right there.

I stayed there in '04 for $210 a night. Loved the room but it was a bit pricey.

Guest vegasguy25

I enjoyed the Kent as well. I had my own room, and some other CJers were also in the hotel. Plus, as you can see I got a great rate. I was very happy with my experience there.

Guest pod

It's too bad that everything is so damn costly. I couldn't see blowing over a grand on lodging that I'll see for maybe a few hours a day at most. You'd almost think it would be cheaper to rent an RV for a week and just camp out.

Guest Miss_Digital

if your from out of town and are traveling in a large group

a condo might be the best way to go

i've been looking around

prices range from 1,700 - 2,800 for a 2/2 that sleeps 6

Guest dj moyn

FairWind Hotel @ 10th and collins

tho i was thinking of renting a car and crashing inside that b/c that would be a lot cheaper, tho not as comfy. but i don't get much sleep during WMC anyways

Guest frankthetank

tho i was thinking of renting a car and crashing inside that b/c that would be a lot cheaper, tho not as comfy. but i don't get much sleep during WMC anyways

HELLLLL NO! ;D

Guest Miss_Digital

get the room!

Guest dj moyn

HELLLLL NO! ;D

LMAO, i know. it was more of a joke. as in i wouldn't ever be in the car anyways. but yea. i'm cool with the room.

Guest Katgyrl

I booked my room at The Strand for 300 a night... I've never seen it, but the photos looked delicious....

But researching on Trip Advisor, I saw pictures of a guy with GIANT red bites all over his arm, claiming that he'd had to switch rooms as he'd gotten bedbugs there!

Help! Can anyone tell me if this place is perfect or putrid ?

Kat

Guest Miss_Digital

I booked my room at The Strand for 300 a night... I've never seen it, but the photos looked delicious....

But researching on Trip Advisor, I saw pictures of a guy with GIANT red bites all over his arm, claiming that he'd had to switch rooms as he'd gotten bedbugs there!

Help! Can anyone tell me if this place is perfect or putrid ?

Kat

its an awesome hotel great view buy the pool

an excellet choice for WMC

• 2 weeks later...