Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's Your Favorite Ethnic Food?

Guest dahzel

Guest dahzel

almost everyother cuisine in the world is better than the US's. it's has more flavor, is more creative, and usually healthier(i.e. thai, of course italian, spanish, indian, and authentic mexican). i like thai w/ all the flavor, vegetables, sauces, and spice. i can kill some italian or mexican anytime too.what's your favorite cuisine from abroad?

now we need a foodie emoticon! maybe big eyes and licking of the lips or something...with drool dripping out the mouth. just combine the shocked and the tongue sticking out emoticons. it'll look like homer simpson :D ;D

Iranian(Iran) also referred to Persian food, dont call them arabs especially at their restaurant lol. I haven't found any places down here, in Orlando there's 2 that I know of and it's great. I grew up w/ lots of Persians up north, so ive had just about everything that they eat.

Vietmenese - Again haven't found any Viet places in south florida, mainly what they are known for is Pho - which is a traditional soup served hot(spicy or non) in a large bowl w/ different types of ethinic veggies n spices w/ lots of solentro, choices of different meats as in beef, pork, n chicken, most traditional would be raw or steamed beef. Great soup for hangovers or Sundays when you're not in the mood to have a large meal. Most places you will also find great shrimp/veggie rolls served w/ peanut sauce.

Thai is good too, but Thai restaurants seem to be more in the higher priced of foods, so i dont go to them that often.

I want to try Indian, best rice in my opinion! I had an indian roommate a few years back and he was all about curry, a lot of people mistake indian w/ curry just because they tend to put curry in their foods, you can have it w/out as well. Persians use their rice and so does alot of asian places because the rice is grown in the mountain lands which gives a different taste and aroma to it.

Carribean, central america, south america have very similar foods as well. They are good but for me they can be a bit heavy rice n beans, lots of meat. I dont know much about most of them but Brazilian food tends to be heavy. Still good though.

Guest swirlundergrounder

For me anyting from the Middle East. Indian, Afghan etc..

Second would probably be Japanese..

I like Isreali food also... I need to learn some Hebrew so that I can go into some of those Kosher places and trip them out. Imagine that? An Asian guy going into a Kosher place and placing his order in Hebrew... That would be the shit..!! ;D ;D

For me anyting from the Middle East. Indian, Afghan etc..

Second would probably be Japanese..

I like Isreali food also... I need to learn some Hebrew so that I can go into some of those Kosher places and trip them out. Imagine that? An Asian guy going into a Kosher place and placing his order in Hebrew... That would be the shit..!! ;D ;D

ask for anything that is glat kosher

Guest Fez

Iranian(Iran) also referred to Persian food, dont call them arabs especially at their restaurant lol. I haven't found any places down here, in Orlando there's 2 that I know of and it's great. I grew up w/ lots of Persians up north, so ive had just about everything that they eat.

they're still arabs, it's like saying Brazilians are not Latin, because of several differences (language) but religion, food it's all the same between (Persian & Arabs) i've heard it before...same comparison is used all the time. ;)

oh, and yes i'm arab ;)

they're still arabs, it's like saying Brazilians are not Latin, because of several differences (language) but religion, food it's all the same between (Persian & Arabs) i've heard it before...same comparison is used all the time. ;)

oh, and yes i'm arab ;)

no wonder u love Bimmers lol

• 4 weeks later...
Guest swirlundergrounder

Canadian.

What are some Canadian dishes??

Anything that is American but half the size... LOL :P

Ketchup flavored potato chips are Canadian... ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

You realize there's no such thing as US-based cuisine, right? It's all adapted from somewhere else.

And, it's all subjective.

What about the hamburger and the hot dog? How about grits and fried chicken?

Guest pod

Hot dog is German. It's basically a bratwurst consisting of pig anii and shit.

Fried chicken? I'm sure someone fried chicken long before we did.

Grits? Isn't that just like pebbles and stones that birds eat?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Hot dog is German. It's basically a bratwurst consisting of pig anii and shit.

Fried chicken? I'm sure someone fried chicken long before we did.

Grits? Isn't that just like pebbles and stones that birds eat?

You're right hot dog is German..

What about the Hamburger and french Fries?

How about Steak and Eggs for breakfast?

Corned Beef Hash..

WHAT ABOUT SPAM??? LOL :P

Guest Patopeaking

You realize there's no such thing as US-based cuisine, right? It's all adapted from somewhere else.

And, it's all subjective.

Err what about Spare Ribs, Tex Mex and Creole ?