Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attack of the Yums

Guest Slide On The Ice

Guest Slide On The Ice

What foods, flavors, tastes, are to die for in your opinion? What food item is so good you crave it and think of it as about the greatest, most exquisit (sp?) food you've ever tasted?

When I was younger I wasn't much interested in sweets. In fact, from my teen years into my 20's and early 30's I pretty much avoided sweets. I loved Doritos and popcorn of course, and I always enjoyed fast food, but my interest in chocolate bars was low and rarely acted on and I pretty much avoided cakes and pies. I always loved peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies, but if I was at someone's house and they served cake or pie after dinner I wasn't interested. I also avoided soda as much as I could through my teen years and through my 20's, and drank enormous amounts of orange juice and milk instead. It has only been in the last few years that I have come to crave chocolate and other sweets and indulge in it with enjoyment. For that reason it was no surprise to me that I had never tried cheesecake growing up. Ironically, now that I have Type 2 diabetes (I was diagnosed about 5 or 6 years ago), I crave sweets far more than I ever did in my life prior to having to watch my diet.

Flavors to die for...

For me it is cheesecake. I only tasted it for the first time in my life a few years ago on Thanksgiving, and it was so incredibly good it was to die for. Now everytime I drive through Burger King I usually order a slice of cheesecake to go with my bacon double cheeseburger. The thought of cheesecake right now is nearly making me salivate. So what does it for you?

Foods-MarbledChocolateAlmondCheesec.jpg

Foods-CheesecakeMargarita.jpg

I love Carvel soft ice cream, chocolate flavored in a crunchy cone, with nuts and multi-colored sprinkles. It's to die for, though I don't think anything does it for me quite like cheesecake.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Also, and especially, Reese's Nutragious bars, with milk chocolate, nuts, and caramel.

Peanut butter cookies, oatmeal cookies, and chocolate tapioka cookies.

Foods-PeanutButterCookies.jpg

Foods-OatmealCookies.jpg

To really die for, Entenmen's soft chocolate chip cookies.

Foods-EntenmannsChocolateChipCookie.jpg

Oh God, *slobber* I love gingerbread men. The rich chewy kind, not the crunchy cookies. The only time I ever see good, rich, chewy gingerbread men is in the supermarket bakeries around Christmas time. It's one of the sweet memories I have of X-Mas time, the smell and taste of gingerbread men.

Foods-GingerbreadMan.jpg

Boston Market's sweet potato is to die for. Wow that's yummy.

Golden Grahams cereal.

Count Chocula cereal.

Frankenberry cereal.

Napoleons. When I was a kid my dad used to give me part of the top part of them (the black and white part) and I didn't care for the rest of it. In fact, now that I think about it, I haven't had a Napoleon since I was a child.

Foods-Napoleon.jpg

Fettucini Alfredo and Pasta Alfredo.

Foods-FettuciniAlfredo.jpg

Foods-ChickenAlfredo.jpg

Linguini and clams in garlic butter sauce

Foods-LinghiniwithWhiteClamSauce.jpg

Foods-ShrimpinGarlicLemon.jpg

Bobby Rubino's baby back ribs.

Foods-BabyBackRibs.gif

Carrot cake, banana nut bread, brownies, cookie dough, and chocolate cake!

Foods-CarrotCake.jpg

Foods-BananaNutBread.jpg

Foods-Brownies.jpg

Foods-ChocolateCake.jpg

Taco Bell Steak-Baja Chalupas with hot sauce.

I know there is already a thread for sushi, but I have to include it here because it is one of my most favorite of foods.

Foods-Sushi3.jpg

And to end this post with the ultimate flavor to die for, the ultimate in yum-yuminess, Chocolate Lava Cake. Sweet Tomatoes have in their desert section, chocolate lava cake that is to die for. Major yum to the extreme. Ridiculously yum to the max. After the first time I ate it, every time I went back, I'd start salivating within 10 feet from it just from smelling it. Chocolate lava cake is possibly the only cake I like more than cheesecake, though not by a wide margin. If I was on death row, my last meal would be cheesecake...with a desert of chocolate lava cake!

Foods-ChocolateLavaCake.jpg

Guest Slide On The Ice

No one wants to add to this thread, after all the time I put into making my first thread? :-[

Lula, I figured you'd be salivating over your keyboard when you read this topic. No interest, huh? :'(

Guest lulamishka

No one wants to add to this thread, after all the time I put into making my first thread? :-[

Lula, I figured you'd be salivating over your keyboard when you read this topic. No interest, huh? :'(

Really, I don't think I have any food items that I crave consistantly... well, except for chocolate. I <3 chocolate. And dark chocolate, not that milk or white chocolate crap! :P Other than that, it depends on where I'm at and/or who I'm talking about food with. I can get all crazy about a lot of food items. My answers would change on a daily basis. At this very moment I can honestly say I'm not craving anything.

Guest Slide On The Ice

Slide, you still get a A for effort.

Thank you sir. I probably should have put as much effort in when I was back in school. ;D

Guest Slide On The Ice

Really, I don't think I have any food items that I crave consistantly... well, except for chocolate. I <3 chocolate. And dark chocolate, not that milk or white chocolate crap! :P Other than that, it depends on where I'm at and/or who I'm talking about food with. I can get all crazy about a lot of food items. My answers would change on a daily basis. At this very moment I can honestly say I'm not craving anything.

I don't mean consistantly. I don't crave any of the foods I posted, consistantly. Well, except for sushi. But when you're in a mood for something good, what aside from chocolate do you sometimes go for? What is a comfort food that you like to eat curled up on the couch when you're in a down mood?

Guest lulamishka

Slide, you still get a A for effort.

LoL, yes. Your efforts did not go unnoticed, Slide. Your contribution to Food Junkies is appreciated. :)

Guest lulamishka

I don't mean consistantly. I don't crave any of the foods I posted, consistantly. Well, except for sushi. But when you're in a mood for something good, what aside from chocolate do you sometimes go for? What is a comfort food that you like to eat curled up on the couch when you're in a down mood?

Ok, then... Here are some food items that I keep going back for:

Haagen Daaz chocolate chocolate chip ice cream. Love crunching on the chocolate chips. Mmm!

A bagel roll and salmon sushi from my fav sushi restaurant. The salmon sushi is like butter in my mouth.

Mongolian Beef at P.F. Chang's.

Crispy bacon.

I've been craving BBQ ribs for the last few months. Gotta go get some sometime soon.

If I get reminded of it... the food at 8 1/2.

And that's all I can think of at the moment...

Guest Devilicious

Slide, you have a helluva sweet tooth! Carrot cake = delish. Personally, I really truly love ramen noodles. I know people think it's what you eat when you're broke or lazy, but I think they are absolutely yummy!

Guest coach

I don't usually crave much. Sometimes I will have an imbalance and will want something to fix that. I sometimes get a real hankering for a steak. And I love cheeeeeeeeeeese (both in my music and in my food).

Guest Slide On The Ice

I swear, I must sound like a huge pig on this board.

After I posted in this thread about all the junk I love to eat, by comparison, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Guest Slide On The Ice

I swear, I must sound like a huge pig on this board.

no, just someone who really likes bacon. :)

Wait, that would make her a cannibal, no?

Guest Slide On The Ice

Slide, you have a helluva sweet tooth! Carrot cake = delish. Personally, I really truly love ramen noodles. I know people think it's what you eat when you're broke or lazy, but I think they are absolutely yummy!

Like I said, when I was young I never cared for sweets, so go figure that I crave them so much now. But I had for desert tonight at Denny's a brownie smothered in hot fudge, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Waaaaaaaay too much sugar. I can't believe I ate the whole thing. Really wish I hadn't, to be honest. I should have gone with the carrot cake, which is a managable sweetness rather than a sickening sweetness like what I did eat.

Ramen noodles, yeah, I like 'em too. Wait, Ramen noodles, or Ramon's noodles? ;D

Guest Slide On The Ice

I don't usually crave much. Sometimes I will have an imbalance and will want something to fix that. I sometimes get a real hankering for a steak. And I love cheeeeeeeeeeese (both in my music and in my food).

Prime rib...mmmmmmm ;D I love cheese too like you. In fact one of my all time favorite simple foods is macaroni with cheese. Though I was pretty dissappointed that night at Caferia when I expected their mac and cheese to be so much better. ::)