Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BT's new sound?????????

Guest Michael James

Guest Michael James

Ok....so, I know the guy is talented as shit.....but, I just saw him last night performing in AZ...

ITS ALL SOUNDSCAPES!!!!

There was a packed house and within 20min, he had cleared the place!!! Dont think I've ever scene anything like this. The whole thing sounded like one big break down.....waiting and waiting....HOPING there would be SOME kind of beat........................................didn't happen! I mean, ya!.....I know he can play a bunch of instruments...but, if people expect something....you should atleast tell them there in for something totally different.... Ocean sounds....followed by a couple notes played on the piano is not anything worth paying for. Now, I may have been holding comp tickets...but, I was still pissed for the waste of time.

If anybody out there is planning on booking him......make sure you know what your getting yourself into. I know the promoter from last night and he's recieved a slew of complaints.

Guest Philip

Ok....so, I know the guy is talented as shit.....but, I just saw him last night performing in AZ...

ITS ALL SOUNDSCAPES!!!!

There was a packed house and within 20min, he had cleared the place!!! Dont think I've ever scene anything like this. The whole thing sounded like one big break down.....waiting and waiting....HOPING there would be SOME kind of beat........................................didn't happen! I mean, ya!.....I know he can play a bunch of instruments...but, if people expect something....you should atleast tell them there in for something totally different.... Ocean sounds....followed by a couple notes played on the piano is not anything worth paying for. Now, I may have been holding comp tickets...but, I was still pissed for the waste of time.

If anybody out there is planning on booking him......make sure you know what your getting yourself into. I know the promoter from last night and he's recieved a slew of complaints.

strange. last weekend i was talking to someone in complete awe over a recent performance

Guest Michael James

I'm still trying to find out if this was just some special thing.....but, from what I heard, this was all off his new cd...so, I'm not sure what the deal was...

Dont get me wrong.... I went there because I'm a HUGE fan of his work! I'm just really confused as to were he's going with his sound.

The New CD is is the most Downtempo Chilled thing he's done,

Quite a bold move on his part, but since i believe he's making more money off of doing this type of shit for movies than playing shit for ravers (& x-ravers) I commend him, he's trying to bring another dimension to his old masses

The new CD is nothing like the OLD BT, it's a more mature chilled out guy who can bank on anything he does..

ALL in all I love the new CD

http://www.thisbinaryuniverse.com/

img_hdr_entertainment.jpg

I highly recommend getting the DVD version of it... make the music even more entertaining. the visuals are pretty sick...

On the other Hand due to the # of sheep who expect him to keep doing techtrance remixes of whiny bitch music... I could see how it would clear the room of a Dance club during normal hours.. but a live venue should be fine. but people should keep up with an artist if they are paying money to see him. i.e. "know what you're getting into"

Doc-B,

0.2 centz

Guest Michael James

BT and Thomas Dolby at Revolution Dec 15th. We will have to see..

That is the same show I went too..... If you are expecting his techy stuff...you wont get it....

On the other hand, if you like the new cd.....check it out.

To each his own on this one :)