Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Motor Trend says "Not standard of the world"

Was reading an article on Motor trend where they were doing a comparison on different new vehicles.

That line was used to describe a 2005-2006 Cadillac STS model, it goes as follows.

"Tap the dash, run your fingers along the edge of the console or door armrests, push on the floppy plastic covers inside the engine compartment or the cardboard-like trim inside the trunk, and the car shouts lowest-cost supplier, not standard of the world."

this is 40k "luxury" vehicle.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0503_luxury_sport_comparison/2005_cadillac_sts.html

great article.

ps...i've driven just about every new domestic car that i thought it would be interesting to drive from a 2006 mustang gt 5 spd, 2005 GTO auto, 2006 C6 Vette auto, 2005 CTS-V 6 spd, and a few others. I must say its 2007 and nothing has really changed other than displacement which is the "muscle big" motto for american cars. My conclusion after driving all these cars is im not impressed, to me domestics still don't surpass japs and euros when it comes to build quality and refinement. Not sure why people are still standing by them. Only thing comes to my mind is pure ignorance.

Guest michael^heaven

ps...i've driven just about every new domestic car that i thought it would be interesting to drive from a 2006 mustang gt 5 spd, 2005 GTO auto, 2006 C6 Vette auto, 2005 CTS-V 6 spd, and a few others. I must say its 2007 and nothing has really changed other than displacement which is the "muscle big" motto for american cars. My conclusion after driving all these cars is im not impressed, to me domestics still don't surpass japs and euros when it comes to build quality and refinement. Not sure why people are still standing by them. Only thing comes to my mind is pure ignorance.

I could've told you this (that you already knew) & saved you some test-drive time. Next time, hit up some Euro & Jap dealerships for some real fun! ;)